Thailand’s first mobile pizza shop launched by two Italians

Thaivisa News

Bangkok:- Two Italian chefs have launched their mobile pizza shop, which has become the first in Thailand.

The mobile pizza shop is a large truck modified as a pizza kitchen with a wood-powered stove and a kitchen desk. One of the chefs prepares the dough while the other bakes it. They also piles up woods beside the stove, adding classic look to the kitchen.

Luca Apino (from Bottega di Luca) and Frederic Meyer (from Issaya Siamese Club, Namsaah) launched their mobile pizza kitchen at the MK Gold car park on Soi Saladaeng in Silom area on Tuesday. It is located under the shade of 100-year-old tree and they put up dining tables on the ground in front of their kitchen so their patrons can also enjoy the cool shade.

The two said they received an inspiration from the world’s first mobile pizza shop that was launched in Marseille, France, by Jean Meritan.

The two chefs called their shop as Pizza Massilia. They plan to move around their kitchen to several provinces and stay at each location for one month.

For example, they plan to sell their pizzas at Khao Yai area in Nakhon Ratchasima’s Pak Chong district. They also plan to sell in Chiang Mai and Phuket as well as Hua Hin in Prachuap Khiri Khan.

The two chefs said their pizzas are special because they use premium ingredients from Italy and France, including Mozzarella cheese and organic dough. Their stove was specially designed to use wood burning to bake the pizzas.

Their special dishes are Culatello Pizza, Truffle Mortadella Pizza, and Provencal Ratatouille Pizza. They will also make seasonal pizzas with fresh ingredients from Europe.

To be a trifle pedantic one is tempted to ask what is the situation concerning the work permit issue?

Are not work permits issued and linked to a particular location?

However in this case perhaps the vehicle is considered the location, thus all would be well unless one stepped out of the vehicle?,

Note this comment is to a large degree posted in jest but of course a serious answer might be needed if some worthy Thai citizen or a digital pikey or Ed visa complained to the authorities regarding the situation.

• Like 1

NeverSure post # 6.

I think you guys are nuts. There has never been a "mobile pizza shop" anywhere that I know of because I've never heard of "mobile pizza."

Well let's be honest Isaan is indeed somewhat insular as are many of its residents both Thai and foreign thus the possibility of a mobile pizza shop would be about as common as ''hens teeth.''

• Like 1

I have a feeling they got their idea from the movie Chef, which was released not too long ago.

Good luck to both of them, hope it works well.

One thing to note, they say all ingredients are imported , so safe to assume pizza would not be cheap.

Not sure how well it will work having to eat expansive pizza on the street

Also not sure how legal this would be as for both to work it would mean 8 thai staff

Edited by konying

I have a feeling they got their idea from the movie Chef, which was released not too long ago.

Good luck to both of them, hope it works well.

One thing to note, they say all ingredients are imported , so safe to assume pizza would not be cheap.

Not sure how well it will work having to eat expansive pizza on the street

Also not sure how legal this would be as for both to work it would mean 8 thai staff

Basically, who cares?

• Like 1

I had such a foolish idea here also were I had built a weather proof metal unit not on wheels but possible. So, I had a location across from 2 schools with a 8,000 student body, little guys and high school. As we all know there are many hawkers for food and I wanted to be one selling mini donuts with the auto machine for show near the schools.

The point is once the Thai's around us( Juice and Chicken sellers),saw this shiny high tech box and went crazy to the school principle who said it was ok earlier, until the locals saw the unit and was threaten.

That said, these guys? WORK PERMIT, BUSINESS & TAXES LICENSES. Etc..? The space are they paying or acting like Thai's and put thier things anywhere? Well, it will be entertainiment sitting there eating when the police come or worst anger Thai's that will burn the boys business to the ground and hopefully they won't be in it.

Good Luck