I Love Pattaya.

Costas2008

Costas, regarding your wife, Bangkok Hospital Pattaya, always look for nurses, I know they start nurses on about 20K per month.

You will enjoy living in Pattaya, foreign tv, papers, variety of foods, vibrant life all around.

Get a house on the the dark side, peaceful and nice and only mins to the city.

Thank you, but you are a little out of touch.

She is earning 30K a month at the moment and we are sure she can double that in Pattaya.

After all she's got 20 years experience as an ER nurse.

Don't know which is the dark side of Pattaya, but we are more thinking of a condo in South Pattaya and from what we've seen it will be about 40k rent per month, for a 2 bedroom one.

But we will be more aware of everything on our next trip in April.

Costas, sadly what she is earning now, she will not get at a new job.

While her experience will count, she will not get top paying job as a start.

The dark side is East Pattaya, ie the other side of Sukhumvit Road.

40k per month is an over the top rentals.

You can get a nice 2 bedroom for 25 k if a condo or 15k on the dark side for a house.

An experienced ER Nurse at Bangkok Pattaya Hospital is on roughly 30k a month basic, with overtime and doing some night shifts she could double that and will get a end of year bonus of about 3 times salary. My Wife worked as a ICU/CCU Nurse there for 12 years until recently.

• Like 1

So you want to go sneak around, aka cheat, on your wife. Not wise, not mature... why did you get married?

Have you considered that is what is good for the goose is good for the gander? Your wife will also have opportunities to get hook ups just like you want to. I think Thais are more likely to adapt to local values and culture than westerners. She will get all the advice and methods she could ever want from her new social group. Also get ready for the increase in "gifts" to her as a typical topic among the ladies is "my farang is better than your farang". She doesn't want to lose face, don't you know.....

• Like 1

So you want to go sneak around, aka cheat, on your wife. Not wise, not mature... why did you get married?

Have you considered that is what is good for the goose is good for the gander? Your wife will also have opportunities to get hook ups just like you want to. I think Thais are more likely to adapt to local values and culture than westerners. She will get all the advice and methods she could ever want from her new social group. Also get ready for the increase in "gifts" to her as a typical topic among the ladies is "my farang is better than your farang". She doesn't want to lose face, don't you know.....

I think he might be joking about that.

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Unless you count Chinese, Koreans and Russians as 'Farang',

How can Russians be in the same boat with Chinese and Koreans? Russians are Caucasians, aren't they?

Some are, some aren't. Many Russian Asians in Pattaya especially from Siberia/Eastern Russia.

All non Thais are 'Farang'. I thought everybody knows that.coffee1.gif

Costa, don't live in the south Pattaya area, you will get tired of it after a while.

You can off-course rent something there short term first, perhaps 3 month for a starter and then decide on what you both think.

I been here a while and still feel mostly positive about the experience.

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

All non Thais are 'Farang'. I thought everybody knows that.coffee1.gif

I guess it comes down to whether you regard Russia as part of Europe when so much of its land mass encompasses central Asia. I've never heard a Thai refer to Russians as 'Farang' - YMMV - although I admit my social circle isnt what it should be.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Farang

Ethnic Russians are classified as 'Eastern Slavs' by the people who put this together - the Wikipedia entry on 'Caucasian' reads more like something from Hitler's Mein Kampf than anything I'd want to reference here. Little wonder the Nazis were so ready to brand so many to the east of Germany as 'subhuman'.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slavs

• Like 1

Costas, I hope you are not going to wear the Pattaya uniform if you move there.

Remember and take some shirts with you, and wear them, and keep away from tattoo parlours.

Not sure about me wearing the Pattaya uniform, but the wife insisted of taking photos with the Sexy Airline girls and others.

Never seen her so excited.......I thought it should be me excited and not her..............................

attachicon.gifP1040490.JPG

Yep. She's definitively ready for a threesome!

• Like 1

Thanks for the post Costas,

I have not been there since 2008 and have read mostly negative things about the area in recent years.

I have an old friend coming to Thailand for a visit in March ( his first time in Thailand) and was wondering if I should include Pattaya in the planned adventure or not.

Like you I have lived in northern rural Thailand for years and look forward to some bright lights for a change.

If you make the move, I guess the flavor of your posts will change a bit...but I doubt the quality of them will change.

If it feels right...do it!

Please keep us posted.

In recent years??!! I can assure you that the same has been said of Pattaya for decades - over and over and over again.