I Love Pattaya.

Costas2008

Disappointing that so many on a forum where the discussion of prostitution is forbidden are so keen on defending the bastion of this vile trade, revealing i would say.

Pattaya is the most popular urban beach resort in Southeast Asia. Suggesting it is only about the sex trade is a total crock. Have you been lately? Ever?

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

Defending Pattaya is easy.

It is so incredibly fabulous.

It sells itself!

It's an utter crap hole in my opinion, filthy sea and little more than an open air brothel. Beach road is truly stomach churning, loads of sagging old westerners pawing Issan farmers daughters young enough to be their grandchild, yuk. It's is a heaven for sex tourists who want or have to pay for sex, most of the prostitutes actually hate them, but the customers rarely seem to catch on. Also a magnet for the scum of the world, I refer to the soccer hooligan types from the UK, the Russian petty crims, the dodgy teflers dashing down there on a weekend and of course those interested in the younger girls and boys on offer. Yes it sells itself alright, but for all the wrong reasons to people mostly best avoided. it's a national disgrace and an embarrassment, as are those who wax lyrical about it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tongue-in-cheek

Yes, I have been here for 2 years.

But when I tell in my former peers in Germany I live in Pattaya, everyone thinks I'm perverted.

I get the same in the UK when I mention Thailand. It's best to say nothing. Beyond that say Chon Buri.

It's hopeless trying to battle the stereotype. Those who actually know, those who come over and stay understand my life in LOS is nothing but wholesome and good. The rest? <deleted> 'em!

I'm curious what percent of expats who don't choose Pattaya make that decision based on what other people will think, rather than what they actually would prefer. That would be sad to let such things determine such a major decision.

It really is an excellent choice, and arguably the best choice especially for those who aren't that interested in going native.

Edited by Jingthing

Whoever trusted the bad reputation of Pattaya more than his/her own perception: I can't blame them.

It's a real horror to defend Pattaya against the prejudices of half a continent, just saying...

BTW, New Pattaya would hardly be what it is now without the people of the Issan, including the poor girls that came from there for a better life of their babies.

Edited by micmichd

I'm curious what percent of expats who don't choose Pattaya make that decision based on what other people will think, rather than what they actually would prefer. That would be sad to let such things determine such a major decision.

It really is an excellent choice, and arguably the best choice especially for those who aren't that interested in going native.

I think the percentage would be small. Many factors make people choose to live in other places including just not liking the place.

If i was single and cashed up and could take everything in moderation it would be a great place to live but i work full time and have young family. When i am not working i go home and spend time with my family in a quiet area of southern Thailand.

I have friends raising families in Pattaya but they don't work.

I love Pattaya but it is not for me for so many reasons. A few short visits every year is enough.

There are people content in Thailand who have never been to Pattaya.

There are people content in Thailand who have never left Pattaya.

There are people content in Thailand who have been to Pattaya and decided to move elsewhere.

There are people content in Thailand who have been somewhere else and then moved to Pattaya.

What does that tell you ?

There are people content in Thailand who have been to Pattaya and decided to move elsewhere.

There are people content in Thailand who have been somewhere else and then moved to Pattaya.

Are there farangs that live in Thailand that have never been to Pattaya?

Many.

Many.

Okay. I have been here for 17 years and don't know any of them. I should get out more but that's what happens when you work all the time.

I visited Pattaya quite a few times during my first years living here. I haven't been there in at least 6 years.

I could not have lived there back then and certainly wouldn't choose to live there now.

I could find myself having to work in Satthahiip more often in the near future and would probably spend my weekends in Bang Saray.

I tell anyone I live in SriRacha or Ban Naklua-never use the word Pattaya because I do not want to be labeled a "sex tourist". LIke in any society there are 3-4 groups found in Pattaya: 1) The young single male, age 22 to late 30's that is here for picking up chicks for a one night stand, hit the dance clubs, rent a motor bike and enjoy life during their 1-2 week stay; then there is the 40-60 year old that may be here for his last rebound. Marriage or love affair didn't work out so he thinks a Thai bar girl will be the answer to his romance dreams. These guys stay here more than two weeks and may eventually move to Thailand and marry the woman (20years younger than he) of his dreams...after his bank account is starting to get shrink, he starts to have second thoughts. I think Pattaya has above the norm of male suicides in the city compared elsewhere around the world because of the financial lost or the broken heart of a farang that discovers his Thai lover has a Thai boyfriend, or another collection of farang boyfriends, or his life savings has been sucked away (and the court will always favor the Thai). There are the few group of men that come here from cultures where they do not have much experience with women back in their home country due to religion or where marriage is arranged by the parents. These are these guys are so horny that they cannot walk straight or only think through their penis; thus, they pick up a katoey and psych out when they discover their lady of of the night has an Adams apple and penis. Men from Oman, Kuwait, Emirates, India, and Pakistan seem to win this trophy of being "katoey" bait. The other half though are normal Westerners who are here because of jobs (many work at Bowin (Eastern Industrial Seaboard in Rayong province) or Laem Chabang port area. The rest can be Western married couples or single retired men that are here for golfing, fishing, and just the easy life. Pattaya is not just filled up with horny old men as some of you would like you to believe. The ones that make rude and crude comments on this post are the type I avoid. Lower class with no substance.

I'll be relocating to south of Pattaya in the near future, international school for daughter is the reason. And, also I like being close to beach, an english titled movie, premium gyms. Even when I was single I didn't care for Pattaya, a few days of Walking Street was more than enough.

But, I also realize Pattaya is so much more than Walking Street and stupid drunken foreigners.

Even Walking Street isn't a bad place sometimes.

They've got all kinds of live music there, occasionally the best guitarist in the world (according to Rolling Stone Magazine) Lem Morrison is also a part of Pattaya, and I guess that nowhere else in the world you can see and hear him in a live session like here.

I tell anyone I live in SriRacha or Ban Naklua-never use the word Pattaya because I do not want to be labeled a "sex tourist". LIke in any society there are 3-4 groups found in Pattaya: 1) The young single male, age 22 to late 30's that is here for picking up chicks for a one night stand, hit the dance clubs, rent a motor bike and enjoy life during their 1-2 week stay; then there is the 40-60 year old that may be here for his last rebound. Marriage or love affair didn't work out so he thinks a Thai bar girl will be the answer to his romance dreams. These guys stay here more than two weeks and may eventually move to Thailand and marry the woman (20years younger than he) of his dreams...after his bank account is starting to get shrink, he starts to have second thoughts. I think Pattaya has above the norm of male suicides in the city compared elsewhere around the world because of the financial lost or the broken heart of a farang that discovers his Thai lover has a Thai boyfriend, or another collection of farang boyfriends, or his life savings has been sucked away (and the court will always favor the Thai). There are the few group of men that come here from cultures where they do not have much experience with women back in their home country due to religion or where marriage is arranged by the parents. These are these guys are so horny that they cannot walk straight or only think through their penis; thus, they pick up a katoey and psych out when they discover their lady of of the night has an Adams apple and penis. Men from Oman, Kuwait, Emirates, India, and Pakistan seem to win this trophy of being "katoey" bait. The other half though are normal Westerners who are here because of jobs (many work at Bowin (Eastern Industrial Seaboard in Rayong province) or Laem Chabang port area. The rest can be Western married couples or single retired men that are here for golfing, fishing, and just the easy life. Pattaya is not just filled up with horny old men as some of you would like you to believe. The ones that make rude and crude comments on this post are the type I avoid. Lower class with no substance.

seeing as your appear to be a self professed expert on Pattaya, but embarrassed to admit it, maybe you could advise where one could obtain a or arrange Cuckhold ?....I have a friend who is very interested, he is a funny Continentinal European chap who wears a dress

• Like 1

Southpeel,

I agree with your social analysis.

One remark on katoyes:

Some of them do work in the sex industry, of course, they still have to pay their surgeons.

But many of them (if not most) do regular jobs, there is even a national Equal Opportunities program for them. And some just work as guides, to show drunken Farangs their way back to the hotel.

Edited by micmichd

My wife likes to take me there a couple times a year but the only thing I/we like about it are the live music venues that play rock. Other than that I hate it. If I wanted to be surrounded by drunk westerners who annoy me and ugly hookers past their use-by date I'd go the Ukraine.

I♥Pattaya,

because it's the Rock'n'Roll City of Thailand.

I'm the "crazy" Dervish Farang that occasionally dances around bars and clubs in South Pattaya, incl. Blues Factory in Walking Street.

Anyone interested in a Jam Session with Thai and maybe Farang musicians?

Edited by micmichd