How to check train price?

wondercul

Seat 61 is a great site and the bible for train travel and i use it a lot (yesterday actually) but the fares and times are not always quite up to date as it must be difficult to have all the fares and times accurate all over the world that seat 61 covers. It does give a good indication of what to expect though.

Korat which is the station i bought the ticket at, to ayutthaya. For 400 baht. According to the website first class is 174 baht.

I just want to know how to use the website to find other ticket prices.

you are looking at

Type of train Rapid

if you bought the green and white computer printed ticket from the station it is impossible for them to rig it. as soi biker says you got charged for aircon and express fees. these cannot be removed or faked for the train/seat that has them.

you need to look at

Type of train Special Express

yes we can tell you where and how to check tickets but then those paying for the seat61 site advertising wouldnt be happy sad.pngsad.png

Edited by koo wallety tourist

Sounds like you got the Special Express. Aircon diesel railcar fare is 399 baht.

Thank you. What is different about it vs the price 174 baht ticket?

well the major difference is that the price is 399 baht but most travelers wouldn't notice that because they would be more focused on the colour of the seats

Edited by koo wallety tourist