Looking to purchase carnauba wax...where?

bamboozled

Hello, does anyone have a supplier for carnauba wax? Some internet research mentioned that it comes from a type of palm grown only in Brazil. I would hope that this palm also grows in Thailand therefore keeping the price of carnauba wax low.

Anyhow, any info appreciated. Thanks so much, cheers....

I also had to google this. what do you need it for?

Google tells me its the one of the main constituents of car wax polish and furniture polish.

Now if its furniture polish then good old beeswax is arguably better; and you can buy natural beeswax by the kilogramme at World Chemicals (an oxymoron of a product at that place)

I wouldn't say beeswax is better, (softer, yes) but not necessary better. Carnauba wax is definitely harder and makes for a more durable finish. I've been looking for some since I've been here, but have not found any as of yet. I've been using the beeswax from World Chemicals for my turnings as a substitute in the mean time.

I wouldn't say beeswax is better, (softer, yes) but not necessary better. Carnauba wax is definitely harder and makes for a more durable finish. I've been looking for some since I've been here, but have not found any as of yet. I've been using the beeswax from World Chemicals for my turnings as a substitute in the mean time.

I always used Carnauba in the states , lived in the Northeast. always got a great shine - when I moved here like you went looking for it, when I asked my Thai family their reaction was do not use on your car in Thailand because there is a very strong sun and very hot - the wax will get melt a little and the dust and dirt will stick to the finish - buy a synthetic wax -- well thats what I did and have been using --- whether what they told me is true at this point I'll never know

According to the movie Point Break its used by surfers. Any large Lotus has it in the car section approx. THB 300

Mr. Zog's Sex Wax contains both paraffin and soy wax.

I haven't seen Point Break in years. (released in Japan as "Hard Blue") I will be looking for it.

• 1 month later...

I was at World Chemical yesterday and bought paraffin wax and they also had something called "palm" wax...75 baht/kg. I bought it for the hell of it not really knowing what it is. Google told me it is carnauba wax...well i'll be a monkey's uncle...