Foreign tourists still pack Hat Yai

webfact

There's nothing wrong with Hat Yai. Yes there have been some nasty terrorist incidents in the

past, can't deny it...but on the whole it's as safe as BKK...maybe even moreso. I live in Ranong

and go to Hat Yai often...never had a problem...for over 18 years.

So what if men from Malaysia want to come and peruse the tarts...why do posters have this

holier than thou attitude? It's their money & they can spend it as they see fit. So what if families

from anywhere want to come and spend their money? It's their choice.

As another poster said, instead of condeming the place...go and have a visit to see for yourselves.

These are mainly Malaysian men looking for prostitutes, not really tourists, unless you put sex at the front How can 80 of them and a few others pack a town? is it toy town?

I think that's 80% and still looking for girls.

I spent some time there a few years ago, nothing seems to have changed there was small bombs going off every day, and the club I could observe from my balcony across the street was doing a great trade at night with suspect tuk tuks turning up outside and the same passengers running in and out and money changing hands in the shadows outside..

Hardly a farang to be seen, but nice climate at night.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Nobody goes to Had Yai, coming from Malaysia or Singapore, for beaches or shopping - trust me on that giggle.gif alt=giggle.gif>

Quite possibly because there aren't any beaches in Hat Yai. Trust me on that!

Right, the beach is as close as the dark side from beach road in Pattaya ;D

I spent some time there a few years ago, nothing seems to have changed there was small bombs going off every day.

There really is an awful amount of erroneous garbage spouted about Hat Yai and bombs. We've had five incidents in Hat Yai in the last ten years, yes that's 5, FIVE. We don't have and have never had daily bombings in Hat Yai.

2014 May 6th : Three improvised explosive devices exploded roughly seven minutes apart wounding eight people. One near police flats, one by a 7-11, one near the railway station.

2012 March 31st : Car bomb explosion in the basement Lee Gardens Plaza Hotel damaged that building and an adjacent McDonald's in Hat Yai, killing four and leaving 416 wounded, mainly from smoke inhalation.

2007 May 27th : Seven explosions that injured 13 people. Most of the bombs were hidden in garbage bins and detonated nearly at the same time starting 9.00 pm. But one bomb was hurled into JB Hat Yai Hotel and another exploded in front of Hat Yai Garden Hotel.

2006 September 16th : The attack consisted of six bombs which were detonated at around 9:30 pm in the Ocean Department Store, in front of the Brown Sugar Pub, a car parking building, Big C shopping mall, the Lee Garden Hotel and Diana Department Store. The bombs were planted on motorcycles and were triggered by mobile phone. Four people were killed and 82 were injured.

2005 April 3rd : Three explosions took place between 8:00 to 8:30 pm. A bomb planted in a garbage bin exploded in front of a Carrefour department store in Hat Yai, injuring five and causing minor damage to the building. Shortly after that, a bomb inside a bag exploded at the departure hall of Hat Yai International Airport, killing two and injuring 47. Lastly, a bomb planted on a motorcycle exploded in front of Green World Hotel in Songkhla without causing any injuries or deaths nor damage to the building.

Right, the beach is as close as the dark side from beach road in Pattaya ;D

Timewise, that's probably true.

Been living in skl since 2002, i'm 3 km away from samila beach... Can't think of any place i went in LOS that matches the quietness of skl ... HY is a different story, u can find everything... Drinks, girls ... It have it all ...the folks coming from the near by countries, will enjoy a lil bit different atmosphere then home.