Bail refused over sexual assault, killing of girl, 11

webfact

Bail refused over rape, killing of girl, 11
The Nation

TRANG: -- Trang Provincial Court yesterday refused bail for a 35-year-old suspect who allegedly abducted, raped and killed an 11-year-old girl before dumping her body in a sewage drain near her home in Muang district last May.

Pathompong Meunban, who was a neighbour of the victim's family and had just left a one-month monkhood at a Phuket temple, surrendered to police and public prosecutor for indictment to the court yesterday.

Accompanied by family members and relatives, he prepared Bt500,000 in cash to apply for a bail release, to which the victim's family objected.

The court denied the bail on grounds it was a serious crime and the suspect had hidden the body. The girl's mother said she was relieved the case had progressed to the suspect's indictment, as she previously feared they might not get justice.

Full story: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/national/Bail-refused-over-rape-killing-of-girl-11-30254807.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2015-02-25

• Like 1

Bail granted may well have resulted in the saving of the cost of keeping this piece of excrement for the rest of its festering life.

Had bail been granted he may well have been back to the temple in a prime hot spot for cremation..

Indeed the refusal of bail may well have been a lost opportunity to remove this piece of excrement from the earth.

• Like 1

In what world could a cretin like this turn up with $15,000 USD and expect to get out on bail???? Opps, sorry forgot where I was for a second then.

Hope they hang the pr!ck by his Jacobs crackers and let the victims family defecate on his coffin.

Edited by JeremyBowskill
  • Like 1

The monk routine is probably the part that will shock Westerners the most (me included).

For us to understand the mechanism of it, we need to keep in mind that the main psycho-social deterrent in Asia is shame, whereas in the West it's guilt.

That changes everything and is the source of innumerable cross-cultural misunderstandings.

Bail refused in Thailand I thought most people who commit the most heinous crimes on the planet can just walk out the door after the firs court appearance or bail hearing then just pop across the border and take it from their on your way to strike again.

this should not be worth a headline

unfortunately in Thailand it is

- and compare this with the two Burmese guys in the infamous KOH TAO MURDER CASE

who look like they are innocent scapegoats for a rich Thai criminal

they should be free on bail -shouldn't they

Edited by sweatalot

this should not be worth a headline

unfortunately in Thailand it is

- and compare this with the two Burmese guys in the infamous KOH TAO MURDER CASE

who look like they are innocent scapegoats for a rich Thai criminal

they should be free on bail -shouldn't they

This case reported today most certainly is worth a headline.

Why should the two you refer to off-topic, as accused murderers, have been granted bail when this Thai man, also an accused murderer, was denied it?

Bail refused in Thailand I thought most people who commit the most heinous crimes on the planet can just walk out the door after the firs court appearance or bail hearing then just pop across the border and take it from their on your way to strike again.

What you say is mostly true I think. But the key to this circumstance is that the bail was raised. He didn't just offer to pay so he probably isn't rich or elite or from a family with power. Which is probably why bail was refused

Wrong. Bail is almost always granted no matter one's circumstances. It's the very poorest who are unable to raise it who are banged up.

It's also worth noting that the reason this made 'news' is simply because bail was actually refused for this most heinous of crimes. Can you imagine that in the West?

The monk routine is probably the part that will shock Westerners the most (me included).

For us to understand the mechanism of it, we need to keep in mind that the main psycho-social deterrent in Asia is shame, whereas in the West it's guilt.

That changes everything and is the source of innumerable cross-cultural misunderstandings.

The monk routine shoks me BS.

In your country,if you have 500.000 to pay for that horrendous crime...you have no shame and no guilt whatsoever...and no face.

Have to disagree.

For me the most shocking part here is the rape and murder of a child.

The monk bit is irrelevant.

• Like 2

well thats it, there absolutely no chance of me ever going into the monkhood even if they put a stop to global warming.

Will you put that unfunny Global Warming- reference in all of your comments? dry.png.pagespeed.ce.iCXmiFQmCf75Y8CMyFHsaai.gif.pagespeed.ce.f25DL0fHCdW09GY8hG

If he keeps at it you can add him to my list: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/803179-please-stop-repeating-the-same-cliched-one-liners-on-every-other-thread/#entry9111833 wink.png

Perhaps there are some misunderstandings about certain actions, and one may feel guilt or shame after committing a crime.

Regardless, rape and murder are a violation of basic human rights in any culture - oh, apart from the loony 'cultures' who believe they have a God given right to commit vulgar atrocities.

R.I.P.

If this does not warrant the death penalty, than what does?

I cannot imagine the pain and fear that babas must have endured. An 11 year old is still a baby in my eyes. Then to dump this child in a sewer like excrement is beyond belief. What a horrible way to die for anyone, let alone an innocent child..

This petty excuse for a human being should be executed and disposed off in the same way, considered of no more value than a bag of garbage. I sincerely hope that the child and her family receive real justice in this case.

• Like 2

It was my understanding that this man is a suspect, in other words he has not yet been brought to trial and his guilt established yet the same old TV armchair detectives have already judged him........

A fair point. However, a prime suspect, which he appears to be, is pulling the judge's chain if he expects bail in a case like this.

Very possibly he had other reasons for his entrance into the monkhood, which is not the evidence upon which he will be jailed if found guilty. Let the court be the judge of what we hope will be a fair trial.

If not this gentleman, then I think the levels of contempt held towards the actual perpetrator would be equal in measure if the story evolves and it is found that it was someone else who committed this horrendous crime.

Nobody on Thaivisa actually knows the accused. Common sense would suggest that their comments are directed towards the one who did in fact commit the act of rape and murder on a child.

• Like 1