New multilingual signs, flyers and tourist info centres to clarify Phuket beach rules

webfact

New multilingual signs, flyers and tourist info centres to clarify Phuket beach rules
Nattha Thepbamrung

1424835911_1.jpg
An example of what the signs might look like. Approval of the final version of the signs is still pending.

PHUKET: -- The Muang Phuket District Beach Protection Unit – whose role is to track progress on the new beach management system in Muang district – is preparing to launch new tourist information centres place multilingual graphic signs at the district’s 10 beaches.

The beaches in Muang District to get the signs and info centres include Kata Noi, Nui, Mai-Ngao, Karon Noi, Karon, Kata Yai, Nai Harn, Yanui, Laemka, Ao Saen Bay and on Racha Yai island (Patok beach).

The Beach Protection Unit confirmed details of the new tourist information campaign at a meeting at Karon municipality on Monday (February 23), held to create understanding about the new regulation signs and other details about the beach zones and new tourist information centers, which will be formally announced in an official opening ceremony expected to be held by the governor within the first week of March.

The unit, which answers directly to the governor, comprises administration clerks (Palad Muang), Headmen (Kumnun), Village Chiefs (Pu Yai Baan), provincial and local Police, Royal Thai Navy Area 3 Command, as well as representatives from the local Tambon Administrations (OrBorTor, hotels, Civilian Security Volunteers, umbrella and masseur operators and well as

Chaired by Supot Chanakij, Muang Phuket District Chief, was given a presentation explaining the signs, which clearly show what is / is not allowed in the special zones (the 10 per cent allocated for umbrellas and chairs), as well as the rest of the beach area, which are being referred to as the “clean beach zone”

The other sign presented included plan of the beach specifying where the zoning areas and tourism information centers are.

“The signs are translated into five languages, Thai, English, Chinese, Russian, and Korean and will be made from strong material such as metal, acrylic or stainless steel. There will be flyers publishing [details] about the regulations as well, but this has to wait for approval from the governor and Phuket TAT (Tourism Authority of Thailand),” said Chief Supot.

He explained that the TAT requested that flyers be designed so that all tourists, no matter where the they are from, could understand the regulations clearly.

“The flyers will be very beneficial in informing people about the rules, as we can distribute them everywhere, including hotels and restaurants.”

Mr Supot added that he would be holding a meeting with hotel operators on Thursday (February 26) to discuss the plans for flyer distribution.

The district chief added that his team have been mandated to monitor beaches and write daily reports for the governor, with five team members assigned to each beach per day.

“We will be carrying out public relation not enforcement,” he clarified. “Our main role is to monitor and report about the progress and give information to tourists, not arrest or expel them, even when we find them using umbrellas or chairs in the ‘clean beach zone’.”

The signs clearly show what is/is not allowed on the beaches, as previously reported in The Phuket News. See original report of special zone announcement here,and the start of enforcing the rules here.

For example, in the “clean beach zone” beach goers can bring beach mattresses, mats, sheets as well as non-alcoholic beverages and light snacks.

But they are not permitted to bring traditional beach loungers, tables, chairs and umbrellas.

Massage services, full meals, smoking and littering are strictly prohibited in this area also.

Meanwhile, in the special zones, beach goers are permitted to bring their own umbrellas or chairs, and use massage and lounger services available there too.

However, smoking, selling of food, consuming of large meals with packaging rubbish, and littering are also prohibited, as have always been by the Public Health Act. Read more here.

Meanwhile, a similar meeting is being held today (February 25) to discuss the launch of information centres and regulation explanation signs for beaches in Kathu district – Patong, Kamala, Surin and Mai Khao, among others.

Source: http://www.thephuketnews.com/new-multilingual-signs-flyers-and-tourist-info-centres-to-clarify-phuket-beach-rules-51147.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2015-02-25

Already then. No food vendEr.w00t.gif

the second side says

NO

FOO

D

VEN

DER

Brilliant multi lingual skills in play here. I wonder how badly they stuffed up the other languages.

It's a bit silly to criticise someone for a spelling mistake whilst making one in you own post.

the second "sign" (not side) says

If side was you intended word then it's still incorrect as it doesn't make sense in the context of the OP.

1. The Advanced Recon Team will scout the area for problems

2. The Beach Protection Unit will identify the problem source and attempt to regulate

3. If negotiations fail the Tourist Confrontation Squad is called to enforce regulations through on the spot executions

Edited by klauskunkel

Dear Phuket,

Why do you continue to beat around the bush? Is it to be polite and save face?

It is OK, I am American and we are quite direct and like it that way.

Just say it already, will you?

"We do not want you to come to Phuket. Period. Full stop."

OK, Roger that, changing course! With hundreds of fantastic beaches to visit in Thailand ... your replacement is a very simple matter indeed!

See ya, wouldn't wanna be ya!

LOL

I hope that the signs are being done by a graphic design firm and not someone's cousin. In the U.S. it is common for the client to give 2-4 firms the message they want to communicate and then let the firms compete for the best way to present them. The various signs could be presented to focus groups of tourists for understanding and acceptance of the message.

It is not hard to get it right if you know what the correct process to get from point A to point B.

Good luck

• Like 1

I want a lounge chair, I want an umbrella, I want someone to delivery me food, I want to get a massage on the beach, this is why we came here. We want to relax enjoy our self that why they pay all that money to fly here. You are going to lose them slowly, they will never return. Good going Phuket and TAT your screw everything up again.

And will be by those who seek lovely beaches without being forced to rent chair and brollies and having to avoid discarded som tam bags and left over sticky rice.

If you want massage, brolly and lounger go to a special zone - simple.

Tourists ain't all like you Bob, thankfully.

And most tourists don't freely express their self perceived in depth political understanding of the countries like you do Bob.

Enjoy where ever you go next - Lebanon supposed to be nice, you might try there.

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I want a lounge chair, I want an umbrella, I want someone to delivery me food, I want to get a massage on the beach, this is why we came here. We want to relax enjoy our self that why they pay all that money to fly here. You are going to lose them slowly, they will never return. Good going Phuket and TAT your screw everything up again.

And will be by those who seek lovely beaches without being forced to rent chair and brollies and having to avoid discarded som tam bags and left over sticky rice.

If you want massage, brolly and lounger go to a special zone - simple.

Tourists ain't all like you Bob, thankfully.

And most tourists don't freely express their self perceived in depth political understanding of the countries like you do Bob.

Enjoy where ever you go next - Lebanon supposed to be nice, you might try there.

I want you off my beach too. Your getting boring find someone else to try to bully. It's not going to work with me.

• Like 2

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

That's why I'm going to Pattaya.

Can't stand all these regulations imposed in Phuket.

At the end they will be prohibiting any farting on the beaches.

Freeeeeeeedom.........................

Mr. Costas, civilized people don't fart in public.

Have fun in Patthaya.

• Like 1

Already then. No food vendEr.w00t.gif

the second side says

NO

FOO

D

VEN

DER

Brilliant multi lingual skills in play here. I wonder how badly they stuffed up the other languages.

It's a bit silly to criticise someone for a spelling mistake whilst making one in you own post.

the second "sign" (not side) says

If side was you intended word then it's still incorrect as it doesn't make sense in the context of the OP.

Looks to me as if the picture is composed of 2 images - one on the left side and the other on the right side.

The point canucklehead was making was the poor letter/word breaks which makes this sign look utterly stupid and unofficial. Notice how the left image breaks the words differently from the right?

And by the way... its not double-sided.... notice the arrows at the top point to directions of where the zones are?

Edited by bangarang
  • Like 1