Buying a bar in Hua Hin

IsacHunt

She can't sell it without his okay? And if he dies.....? Don't make yourself worth more dead than alive is the old adage, to which might want to add some remark about not standing in the way of a speeding truck... help me here my brothers...

You think your friend has bought a bar, he has not, he has bought a lesson, a very expensive one, soon the rest of his problem will materialise, normally bills for her family if he is lucky, if he is unlucky it will be a Thai boyfriend, or several Thai friends, or she will convince him to go home/ somewhere else for a week, or two, then he will return to nothing, the agreement about her not being able to sell it will be handy if he is using the toilet as it sure as hell will not secure his money.

And op, if youre still reading? If 'Bob' is a good friend of yours i suggest you sit back and let things run their course or you will lose him as a mate.

When grown rational men go insane over a bargirl after a few days there is nothing you can do to help them. Ive lost 4 friends now that went crazy on the 1st girl they met. 2 lost life savings buying land and houses the gf ALREADY owned, 1 got into massive credit card debt and got extremely violent when i proved her *brother* was her husband and the last one has a huge 25 year mortgage on his UK house to buy a rice field in kalasin....im sure lek is a nice girl tho....

I would not venture into this line of buisiness,i instead invest in rice farm's,safer,but all buisness venture carry an element of risk,nothing is 100%.

i invested in rice farm, until i realised the parents og my missis had no idea how to do the farming,

they just did know, Thaksin will pay;

Now all work is done by hired people,

after balance all expenses,

I happy that no land tax to be paid by my monthly allowence;;

now i got recommandation,

to let out the land,

and I will get back 1/3 of the harvest,

propably the 1/3 which have q for animal food :-((

What are you talking about???

Yes a bit confused,basically it is a loan against the land ,typically,for a 3 year term,you can get paid in rice,or as we insist money,the loan rate yeilds about 20% interest,at the end of the term,you can either,ask for your money back,or extend the loan,if the debtors are unable to pay you,you get their land,as always in Thailand you as the falang should be the silent partner,never get involved in any land disputes,let them deal with it,but at 20% interest,hard to refuse.

Don't worry. I'm with a football team and we are looking for Bob's bar ... where the f#"k is it and where's Bob. ?

We want a drink ... and everyone says go to Bob's bar ... so is Bob busy shagging or is he open ?

Edited by steven100

Bob has likely made a bad investment...will figure this out for himself...

He may also be successful...happy...contented...and live many years with his bar-girl friend...

Just be a friend...do not offer advice...but let Bob know you are there for him if he needs you...

I would not venture into this line of buisiness,i instead invest in rice farm's,safer,but all buisness venture carry an element of risk,nothing is 100%.

i invested in rice farm, until i realised the parents og my missis had no idea how to do the farming,

they just did know, Thaksin will pay;

Now all work is done by hired people,

after balance all expenses,

I happy that no land tax to be paid by my monthly allowence;;

now i got recommandation,

to let out the land,

and I will get back 1/3 of the harvest,

propably the 1/3 which have q for animal food :-((

Ah these sexy Issan girls, never go hungry .

Well, you're surely going to get lots of horrified horror stories on this. I dunno, can your friend afford to lose £15,000? If he can absorb such a loss, even if it means some hardship, let it go. It's too late to do anything anyway. I've heard a lot of horror stories and I've seen a few, but I hung out with a few hookers in my day and many of them were decent people. Maybe most of them, but most of them I never got to know that well. Yeah, usually her first loyalty isn't going to be to him, but maybe it will be. Evidently you live in the Northeast, do you speak Thai very well? Have you gotten acquainted with the girl? I don't know what the legal situation is, and frankly £15,000 sounds like a very small amount to open a bar in Hua Hin, but I think at this point all you can do is hope for the best and be ready to support your friend (with sympathy) if he comes to grief.

Don't worry. I'm with a football team and we are looking for Bob's bar ... where the f#"k is it and where's Bob. ?

We want a drink ... and everyone says go to Bob's bar ... so is Bob busy shagging or is he open ?

It's probably called Lek's Lounge or something.

My advise to you Hunt is butt out and mind your own business.You are jealous of Bob's good fortune and that he has a great life in Hua Hin and you are stuck in the back of beyond,Issan.Why don't you support your good friend by drinking at Lek's bar, you might get lucky too.

• Like 1

Takes all kinds.

A friend of mine on his very first trip to Thailand, was dropped off at the Chao Phraya Massage by a scamming taxi driver, just hours after his arrival.

Ended up marrying that girl.

Yep. Met his future Thai bride at a Bangkok massage parlour 6 hours after touchdown.cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Haven't you heard of love at first sight,how romantic.Was it Feb.14th.

Well, you're surely going to get lots of horrified horror stories on this. I dunno, can your friend afford to lose £15,000? If he can absorb such a loss, even if it means some hardship, let it go. It's too late to do anything anyway. I've heard a lot of horror stories and I've seen a few, but I hung out with a few hookers in my day and many of them were decent people. Maybe most of them, but most of them I never got to know that well. Yeah, usually her first loyalty isn't going to be to him, but maybe it will be. Evidently you live in the Northeast, do you speak Thai very well? Have you gotten acquainted with the girl? I don't know what the legal situation is, and frankly £15,000 sounds like a very small amount to open a bar in Hua Hin, but I think at this point all you can do is hope for the best and be ready to support your friend (with sympathy) if he comes to grief.

15.000,- for a bar seems to small,

or it is rather small,

or a bad location,

or it is only the rent for 5 years or so ??

I remember being in a bus driving through Pattaya for the first time in about 1996 for a work conference.

Looking out the window of the bus, I saw a bar named "Bobs Bar". Sitting outside was this big fat guy with a sexy little tanned skinned thing sitting on each leg. I assumed that was Bob.

At the time, I thought that Bob had made it. He had a bar by the beach and 2 hotties to keep him company. What more could he want?

...and that's the image I'm sure a lot of guys have when they first come to Thailand.

If he is a good friend you need to tell him the facts...if he's just an acquaintance, you should enjoy the free beer till it runs out.

The facts are Bob has 2 hotties sitting on his legs!!!

• Like 1

Takes all kinds.

A friend of mine on his very first trip to Thailand, was dropped off at the Chao Phraya Massage by a scamming taxi driver, just hours after his arrival.

Ended up marrying that girl.

Yep. Met his future Thai bride at a Bangkok massage parlour 6 hours after touchdown.cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Haven't you heard of love at first sight,how romantic.Was it Feb.14th.

go in thai massage clubs,

and you get chance that you find a girl which trys it out for the first night !

proofed !!

15.000,- for a bar seems to small,

or it is rather small,

or a bad location,

or it is only the rent for 5 years or so ??

The price for a bar is for

1. Furniture, fixtures and fittings.

2. Stock..eg all the beer on hand.

Add those 2 up and take from the asking price. The difference is what you pay for the goodwill of buying an established business. Often the gross and net profit are refered to.

Now in Bobs case this amounted to 15000 quid which he gifted to his wife so she can be a lease holder.

On top of this yes rent is paid. That's the official rent and the under the counter rent known as key money. The first lot goes thru the books the 2 nd lot doesn't.

Now if the bar doesn't achieve enough net profit ( turnover less expense ) to pay the rent this is where Bob pays it on an ongoing basis until the lease expires or the joint is sold to the next falang ting tong.

We know nothing about Bob. We know nothing about that business. We know nothing about Bob's background. Hearsay and speculation. Why are posters so "concerned" about Bob's anticipated loss? Maybe, £15000 is peanuts for him.

This type of concern can be experienced in many ways. Just tell your buddies that you want to spend 4 million Baht on a decent middle class car from Mercedes, Audi or BMW. They might get concerned that you are wasting money. They might suggest to buy some Thai assembled Japanese pickup truck. They will explain why they made their own smart decisions and how much they saved. They just want to help.

In your own eyes, a 4m model could be a modest choice. In your home country and in your home circles nobody cares. In the expat community, a melting pot of all social classes, people get "concerned".

Leave this Bob alone! Mind your own business, if you've got one.

---------

wow how bizarre i kid you not this scenario was played out to me this very night ,and it involved a sum of £15000 for a bar in Pattaya opening in May, i know this person she also owns a ligit massage parlour, i was curious to say the least, i could see everydays takings etc, then the cruncher, "you will have to ring me, i have no money for my phone"" creased me up, true story.

I say the hooray for Bob, he should name his bar BOB, Bend Over Biitch. How many of us have name spelled the same forward and backwards. Bob does. He probably spent a lifetime being with western women that tried to convince him that it was unnatural for a grown man to actually feel or think sex is a necessity in life. Well you only need to have a pair to realize women are only spending a lifetime trying to convince men of this fact. BOB found out this ain't true. Have fun with your Lek. Live long, hard and prosperous my friend.

• Like 1

I say the hooray for Bob, he should name his bar BOB, Bend Over Biitch. How many of us have name spelled the same forward and backwards. Bob does. He probably spent a lifetime being with western women that tried to convince him that it was unnatural for a grown man to actually feel or think sex is a necessity in life. Well you only need to have a pair to realize women are only spending a lifetime trying to convince men of this fact. BOB found out this ain't true. Have fun with your Lek. Live long, hard and prosperous my friend.

many of the online personals for the mature crowd in the us now state 'not interested in sex' on female profiles.

more and more they are looking for life partners but are not interested in sex.