Mae Sai Visa Run March 2nd

DowntownAl

Just curious if everything is operational at Mae Sai for March 2nd. I've been seeing a few businesses around town (in my neighbourhood) closing for a few days (25th Feb - Mar 2nd), any Thai holidays I'm missing or just a local thing? Just using my 2nd enrty (of 3) but I've never had an overstay in 3 1/2 years and don't want to start now. Thanks in adavnce folks.

• Like 1

A lot of businesses are taking the opportunity to have a holiday after working all the hours over the last week catering for the 7000 chinese invasion.

It certainly does feel like the calm after the storm since yesterday. I need a holiday also.; no chance of that though.

Green bus can take you there. A tip; choose the "posh" seats....I wont insult your intelligence but sit on the left side there and back. those sitting on the rhs get the blaze of the sun on both trips and gradually ripen on the way up.

• Like 2

I forgot to add. If you can go Sunday then its better.

the Sunday journey is 1hr quicker both ways because it doesnt have to sit in morning traffic out of CM and in Chiang Rai. it also doesnt hit the old bus station which is a pain. They run the songthaow from the new bus station to the old one.

The border police also a bit more casual on a Sunday, maybe one stop instead of 2 or 3.

just my 2 penneth

• Like 1

Hi Folks, is possible to get a visa on arrival (voa) at the border in Mae Sai? or I need obtain a visa previously with the Myanmar Embassy? How much does it cost? I'm on a Non-Immigrant Category O Multi Entry Visa and need to extend my stay for another 90 days. My last extension was at the immigration office inside Thailand and they told me next time to go to the border get my new extension, since they will refuse if I try to do the extension inside country again, also they gave me only 60 days in my last extension and a fee of 1900 THB was paid. Sorry many question, but I have never been there before. Thanks.

wai.gif

Fly Air Asia to Chiang Rai. Probably cheaper than the bus.

Except AirAsia doesn't fly Chaing Mai to Chiang Rai, you'd have to fly via DMK and it wouldn't been cheaper that the bus.

Green Bus, VIP seats, about 700 baht return. Long day but you're not uncomfortable doing it.

Spot on.

Flying to Chiang Rai would mean the hassle of a road trip up to Mae Sai from there.

Greenbus is the way to go.

Book a week or so in advance at the Arcade, Terminal 3, to get the 1A seat which gives you the most leg and elbow room.

The VIP bus leaves at 8AM and returns at 3:30PM.

Are they doing 30 days border crossings for G7 passports?

It used to be 15 days but seems in Nov they changed it back, once again, to 30

Anyone can verify this?

Its been 30 days for at least 18months to my knowledge; probably longer.

I was up there a few week ago reading who gets 15 who gets 30 and who doesnt even get a look in.

But what I found unbelievable was if you are from Argentina or Chile you get an amazing 90 days.

I am going to grow a droopy moustache and get the Banderos makeover for my next trip.