Prayut remains favourite choice as PM

Lite Beer

This again shows that Prayut is putting the people first by not having an election that will legitimize his position in the eyes of the west.

If he did have an election under martial law knowing he would win some (7% of Thai's and 8 falangs on TVF) would think it was rigged for him to win. If he had an election that was not under martial law knowing he would win the 7%'s would be out terrorizing, burning and killing again.

So for Prayut to know that he would win the next election and still hold off to allow reforms to pave the way to a peaceful sustainable democracy shows that he is truly heralding the voice of the majority and which is reflected in these polls today.

You are really funny

I'm trying to imagine how naive and gullible you would have to be to believe this poll.

I'm thinking most of the posters on this forum are mature males, probably from western countries, and having some extensive experience of life in general.

That's why most of the posts are laughing at the so called result.

But there we have a couple who actually swallow this stuff!

Can you imagine what's going on up there?

Knowing Thailand, knowing their penchant for absolute corruption, watching this scenario unfold, just like a bad soviet propaganda film.

And yet they are believing it all.

Incredible!

• Like 2

This again shows that Prayut is putting the people first by not having an election that will legitimize his position in the eyes of the west.

If he did have an election under martial law knowing he would win some (7% of Thai's and 8 falangs on TVF) would think it was rigged for him to win. If he had an election that was not under martial law knowing he would win the 7%'s would be out terrorizing, burning and killing again.

So for Prayut to know that he would win the next election and still hold off to allow reforms to pave the way to a peaceful sustainable democracy shows that he is truly heralding the voice of the majority and which is reflected in these polls today.

blink.png

The Democracy Trap that the Un-Elected PM advises against? A term he has referred to several times in his speeches?

"Prayut urged the political sector against falling into a "democratic trap" if the country is to move forward."

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/politics/No-rallies-over-impeachment-Prayut-warns-30246912.html

Spin that.

laugh.png

He won't, he will go into completely off topic stuff about Thaksin/reds yada yada and completely deflect attention away from the issue at hand.

• Like 1

Just as a matter of interest, is there anybody left that's allowed to stand against him? The poll shows nothing, partly because of the size of the poll, it's not big enough to be representative of a 60 million population, and partly because negative polls are outlawed, he made that clear last week. Most Thais I speak with are not really bothered by him or martial law, they seem mostly bothered at having the airwaves dominated by his TV programme on a Friday afternoon!

• Like 2

Prayut he is the best choice Thailand has ,he has pushed for reform and honesty through all polices,he takes no bullshit and shoots straight from the hip,if he can continue cleaning up the mess the previous government left I believe all Thais will prosper from his leadership and bring back the true spirit into Thailand,foreign people want to visit Thailand and absorb the real Thailand,tourism is very important to this country it's livestock industry agriculture,seafood,ect not to forget the great history Thailand has

Prayut he is the best choice Thailand has ,he has pushed for reform and honesty through all polices,he takes no bullshit and shoots straight from the hip,if he can continue cleaning up the mess the previous government left I believe all Thais will prosper from his leadership and bring back the true spirit into Thailand,foreign people want to visit Thailand and absorb the real Thailand,tourism is very important to this country it's livestock industry agriculture,seafood,ect not to forget the great history Thailand has

most people who put Thailand down,should piss off ,reason well you try and run the country instead of mouthing off give the Thais confidence

Well of course they are happy, polls criticizing him are banned.

If he is so damn popular let's get the election set up by the end of the year and he can form a political party and run. He will then be legitimized truly instead of these meaningless polls telling us he is.

he won't need to form a party or run in an election campaign.

the CDC has been following orders. He will become an appointed PM without all the trappings of one of those "evil politicians"...

very Prem-esque...

Just want to point out to everybody that a sample size of 1,100 is plenty big enough, and should have a margin of error of plus/minus 3 points or so....

...if the poll is designed and conducted correctly...

...which seems highly dubious given the partial results reported and the total lack of detail about the poll.

tongue.png

Just want to point out to everybody that a sample size of 1,100 is plenty big enough, and should have a margin of error of plus/minus 3 points or so....

...if the poll is designed and conducted correctly...

...which seems highly dubious given the partial results reported and the total lack of detail about the poll.

tongue.png

firstly if it's only Bkk, it's not worth a fig.

Secondly if they are phone surveys, it is highly unlikely in the current atmosphere that popel are going to voice anti-government sentiments over the phone to someone they don't know....unless of course they love the new government.....

"Shoots from the hip"! Flipping good job, because he holds a rifle like a bus conductor (see pic).

I shouldn't say this, but I don't trust any Thai polls, neither Nida or Bangkok.

In fact I don't trust Thai people answering to any polls.

As about if Prayut is good or not to remain as a Prime Minister, time will show.

Up to now, generally he's done all right, can't find many things to blame him for.

But now he is entering the hard stage of his political career.

The honeymoon is over, either he delivers and changes the wrongdoings of the previous governments or declare elections and let Thailand return to the previous shambles of Democracy.

We have to wait and see........not for very long, I hope.

How about he stops the corruption issues associated with his current administration? You know, the ongoing allegations of nepotism, of favouritism in contract procurements, the control of the jet ski/transportation mob in tourist centres such as Phuket, the unexplained wealth of senior military officers, the amazing return of the sun beds/vendors/jetskis in Hua Hin, after the beaches were supposed to be cleared of all commercial activity etc. etc.

You consider Democracy to be a shambles. That's your opinion. The Thai people did not agree with you and still do not agree with you.One thing we do agree with is that we hope that the time in office for the military junta will not be very long.

And on that I believe the Reverend Martin Luther King said it best; Let freedom ring. Please read his I have a dream speech.

• Like 1

You really have got to be joking, you're percentages are rubbish and you know it and your last statement is laughable.

• Like 2

I'm trying to imagine how naive and gullible you would have to be to believe this poll.

I'm thinking most of the posters on this forum are mature males, probably from western countries, and having some extensive experience of life in general.

That's why most of the posts are laughing at the so called result.

But there we have a couple who actually swallow this stuff!

Can you imagine what's going on up there?

Knowing Thailand, knowing their penchant for absolute corruption, watching this scenario unfold, just like a bad soviet propaganda film.

And yet they are believing it all.

Incredible!

"just like a bad soviet propaganda film.", or one of Fox's Better reports!

You really have got to be joking, you're percentages are rubbish and you know it and your last statement is laughable.

He's a Troll.

Deposits his Spam Rhetoric, and then runs away.

laugh.png

Or, a sychophant at best.

His gibberish is getting shorter 'tho.

Heck, it appears even Costas is coming around to his senses.

thumbsup.gif

Edited by iReason
  • Like 2

Yes, he shoots straight from the hip, straight down to his foot.

Many times.

And, shoots off his mouth without thinking.

Many times.

It's my opinion, his true charactor is exposed when he does so.

So I, for one, doubt his capabilities and especially, his sincerity regarding "all Thais" prospering.

And BTW, Prayuth was not a choice of Thailand.

Let alone the best they have.

I agree that his character is exposed in ways he doesn't probably want...

his capabilities are - however - surely many, but again, not what he would want exposed... perhaps.

the man has risen to the top of one of Thailand's most powerful and most corrupt institutions. That takes ability, capability and a special set of skills.

but it doesn't make him a good choice to lead the country - whether self-imposed or chosen is irrelevant in that regard. But of course, you are correct in that he was not the country's choice. And you are correct that it at least indicates his true interests and loyalties ....