Age-ism rares its ugly head in NZ

Now I'm old I hate ageism in all its forms. I cashed in my Fidelity ISA but they won't release my money to my UK bank until they verify my identity - (it didn't stop them from cashing it in & putting it in a 'non-interest bearing account'!)

First my ID copies were verified by a Police Inspector complete with badge number. They were turned as he was RETIRED!

Then they asked for a firm of lawyers to notarise them. Then they turned this down presumably because they are RACIST. (They say they advised me wrongly.) Now they say my ID can only be verified by UK Embassy - a 300 kms round trip; an overnight hotel stay + verification fees + making an appointment.

How this rigmarole is supposed to combat money-laundering beats me. The money is going (eventually - process started October 2014!) to my long-standing UK account?

I got ID'd when I was 38 going into a club in Ohio.....I was always flattered by that......until now - maybe they were thinking about it the other way 'round.....but, I got in - and scored...!!!!!

Clean livin'

I got ID'd when I was 38 going into a club in Ohio.....I was always flattered by that......until now - maybe they were thinking about it the other way 'round.....but, I got in - and scored...!!!!!

Clean livin'

Not sure I fancy the drive home - massive holes in that part of the world.

ohio-sinkhole-2012-meme.jpg

Clean livin'

Not sure I fancy the drive home - massive holes in that part of the world.

ohio-sinkhole-2012-meme.jpg

Home is CA.....but she was a coed so not well "explored"...hopefully I furthured education