Breakfast in Pattaya

grabitanrun

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If he goes to one of the Brit pubs, he wont get much for 99 baht (at least not on this side of Suk) but for many of us its the only place where you will get a proper English breakfast. The hotel breakfast buffet where they lay out watery scrambled eggs, bacon that appears to have been fried to within an inch of combustion alongside a selection of Thai leftovers just doesnt do it for me either - sometimes its worth paying the money. I used to pay 13AUD for bacon and egg in Sydney, but that wasnt breakfast - it was an event. Two poached eggs on toasted Turkish bread, two large bacon rashers cooked to perfection and a flat white coffee that you'd normally pay $6 for in Sydney - just magic. The whole was so much more than the sum of its parts, and I'm sure I made noises consistent with some sort of auto-erotic experience every time I ate there. Not sure how many are prepared to shell out ~330 baht for breakfast in Pattaya, but as a treat once a fortnight I would seriously consider it : a breakfast like that can set up your whole day.

The Golf Club, LK Metro. Not the cheapest, but good quality. NIce view of Devil's Den as well.

Yeah - you mean the front door of Devil's Den - hardly a particularly alluring sight at 10am ;)

All this talk of bacon and eggs is definitely making me hungry.

Just driving into Pattaya now from Mabrachan, just want decent bacon eggs and sausages

18 Coins on soi Buakhao remains a favorite of mine.

Pig and Whistle never disappoints but I don't always like to take breakfast in a pub.

The Golf Club, LK Metro. Not the cheapest, but good quality. NIce view of Devil's Den as well.

Agreed. Golf Club on LK Metro has a big breakfast menu with many choices. But if you're still on the Darkside, Lucky Time bar on Nern Pub Wan, eastbound past the PT station, on the same side, has a pretty good English breakfast for 115 baht.

(TBH, I don't care anymore but the Devil's Den kind of shocked me. The personnel left a lot be desired. No different than any Buakhao beer bar.)

Without a price tag and preferences maybe hard to say which is "best".

Guess there is some fancy breakfast at Hilton or Royal Cliff tongue.png up to the 4 digit range?

Good value for money: 150 Baht buffet breakfast at APEX hotel, on 2nd road short distance north of corner with Soi Diana.

Eggs different style, sausage, bacon, toast/bread, jam, salads, some pasta/sauce, misc Thai dishes, some cake, fruit / fruit salad, juice, milk, cereals, coffee and tea.

What have I forgotten?

All you can eat/drink.

Its not a fancy comfy salon/place, but more of a "mensa hall" tongue.png

Buy 10 coupons and get them for 1100 Baht.

Edited by KhunBENQ

i-Rovers Soi LK Metro - enough said.

Certainly, if your budget only stretches to 99 Baht.

Exceptional value at that price, although the quality wasn't quite as good on my last visit.

Jip99

"quality wasn,t quite as good on my last visit" due to your CC tip from the time before cheesy.gif

Just driving into Pattaya now from Mabrachan, just want decent bacon eggs and sausages

Pig and Whistle never disappoints but I don't always like to take breakfast in a pub.

18 Coins on soi Buakhao? do you mean the "old" 18 Coins which has moved across the road into what was EatWell and is now renamed "The Coins" or the establishment which is still trading as 18 Coins and selling an "all you can eat" breakfast buffet for 145 baht and is utter sh_ite bah.gif

Without a price tag and preferences maybe hard to say which is "best".

Guess there is some fancy breakfast at Hilton or Royal Cliff up to the 4 digit range?

Actually you get a fair bit of change from 1000B in both those places. Enough for 2 or 3 Irover specials anyway.

The very best breakfast that I have seen here is the Royal Cliff which has just about anything one could possibly imagine for breakfast, including some very good curry dishes.

The Hilton is good but nowhere near as interesting.

The problem with both is that they end too early. If the Royal Cliff was a brunch I would probably go there frequently.

Next to the 7/11 and theres a good one by the Family Mart, 555.I Rovers is good value but it has been hit and miss the last few times I've been there,The Golf Club in LK is good and also Kilkenny's next door.Enjoy.

Edited by Degobuy

i-Rovers Soi LK Metro - enough said.

Certainly, if your budget only stretches to 99 Baht.

Exceptional value at that price, although the quality wasn't quite as good on my last visit.

Jip99

"quality wasn,t quite as good on my last visit" due to your CC tip from the time before cheesy.gif

Quality does seem to vary from day to day and depending on how busy they are/time of visit as to how freshly cooked - bacon can often be very hard......

Well Ill go to the foot of our stairs!

don't know how you can have missed the Tulip cafe and bakery

If you are coming down from the lake to the first traffic lights which is the Mikamong crossroads just where the new market is,, there is a 7/11 on the left and TESCO just over the lights on the left and then there is the

Tulip bakery with cafe.

just a few meters further down the road past the TESCO and In my opinion the best value at around 139 Baht for 2 eggs 2 bacon or sausage, beans 2 toast coffee tea or orange

They also do Thai food which for me and my wife is the best around the area

Scrupulously clean in the cafe and on the table and served professionally

I only live around the corner and have a brekkies now and again just for a change.

Just for further info there is also another bakery/Deli across the road that has all the types of bread and a wholemeal medium lof for 30 Baht which is very tasty and well made

I have never met the owner a Dutchman who also owns the Tulip resort further down the adjoining road but He is and has been doing a really good professional job since I have lived in this area and I highly commend you giving it a try

18 Coins on soi Buakhao? do you mean the "old" 18 Coins which has moved across the road into what was EatWell and is now renamed "The Coins" or the establishment which is still trading as 18 Coins and selling an "all you can eat" breakfast buffet for 145 baht and is utter sh_ite bah.gif

It hadn't moved last time I was there.

You have just described the very reason why I avoid low-cost breakfast buffets......... thanks, I shall now avoid the old 18 Coins.