20 passengers injured in Thai tour bus accident

webfact

20 passengers injured in a tour bus accident

news05-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- About 20 passengers of a Transport Company’s tour bus bound for Phrae province from Bangkok were injured when the bus overturned after the driver reportedly tried to avoid a head-on collision with two racing motorcycles.

The accident took place about 2 am on Monday on a detour route near Wat Wang Hin, Tambon Chomthong, Muang district of Phitsanuloke.

All the passengers were later rushed to Ruam Paet and Inter Vechakarn hospitals in Phitsanuloke for medical treatment.

One of the passengers, Mrs Charuwan Rattananont, said she felt the bus shaking before it ploughed into a ditch in the middle of the road and turned one side up.

The driver, 43-year old Mr Apichai Saowakhon, claimed that he saw two racing motorcycles were heading toward his direction and decided to make a sudden swerve to avoid hitting the motorcycles. However, the road there was under repairs and made it difficult for him to control the bus resulting it to lose control and plunge into the ditch.

However, police said that they had to question the passengers first and would subject the driver to breathalyzer to find out whether he was drunk while driving or not.

(Photo : INN News)

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/20-passengers-injured-in-a-tour-bus-accident

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2015-03-02

The accident took place at 2am in the morning.

This article was written at 2:37 pm and still the police haven't breathalyzed the driver to see if he is drunk.

What are they waiting for?

+1...Blood and alcohol test should be #1

The driver should have just ran the punks over. Save everyone a lot of trouble.

Apologies for unenlightened comment. But was harassed by a small gang of these thugs while walking my dog only two nights ago. Zipping by not once, not twice but thrice shouting "<deleted> you,"giggling and then taking off. After the second drive by I decided to head for my pickup and go home when they came by a third and final time and an m-150 bottle whizzed by my head. I related the incident to my Thai neighbour yesterday and he mentioned they are all sons of "influential" people in the local community (some of whom wear brown uniforms for a living). Best to stay away. I appreciated the info but didn't need the advice. I enjoy my quiet life with Mrs. Shock and our garden too much to get involved. When I was their age, I was too busy working part time to save up for my first car to get into too much trouble. An idle mind is the devil's workshop as they say. Luckily no fatalities!

No apologies needed. Racing bikers endanger everyone else and deserve to be hit and killed by the bus, the bus passengers do not deserve to be injured. By swerving the bus also endangers potential innocent people around it, such as other vehicles and pedestrians, not just its passengers.

If your vehicle is large enough to take out a racing motorbike coming at you in the wrong lane, without endangering those in the vehicle, then there is no reason to try to avoid a collision. In fact you would be doing everyone in the community a favour.

• Like 2

And this shows how backwards training given to the bus drivers.

Surely the bus drivers number one responsibility would the passengers in the bus,

Loss of a stupid biker compared to all passengers on board

I know what I would have done......

• Like 2

Apologies for unenlightened comment. But was harassed by a small gang of these thugs while walking my dog only two nights ago. Zipping by not once, not twice but thrice shouting "<deleted> you,"giggling and then taking off. After the second drive by I decided to head for my pickup and go home when they came by a third and final time and an m-150 bottle whizzed by my head. I related the incident to my Thai neighbour yesterday and he mentioned they are all sons of "influential" people in the local community (some of whom wear brown uniforms for a living). Best to stay away. I appreciated the info but didn't need the advice. I enjoy my quiet life with Mrs. Shock and our garden too much to get involved. When I was their age, I was too busy working part time to save up for my first car to get into too much trouble. An idle mind is the devil's workshop as they say. Luckily no fatalities!

Load of crap concocted excuse for failing asleep or pissed.

...... the drivers story could well be a big heap of BS......like he fell asleep...then when woken by the bus going over on it's side...thought to himself.....if I don't concoct some story I will lose my job and be charged by the police etc etc etc

Of course at 2am in the morning were there any boys in brown to give chase to the "2 m/c's" supposedly on the wrong side of the road.

2 a.m in the morning...!!...I will guarantee the driver had not had a decent sleep in the preceding 18 hours

Luckily no-one was killed or seriously injured

In the unlikely event that the drivers story is true; I've seen these motorbike nuts dodge buses and lorries almost every time I'm on a bus and I aint seen one have a head-on yet! The bus driver knows it & so do the fuzz so if he has no witnesses he'll cop it!!

The accident took place at 2am in the morning.

This article was written at 2:37 pm and still the police haven't breathalyzed the driver to see if he is drunk.

What are they waiting for?

Perhaps for him to stop telling lies?

And this shows how backwards training given to the bus drivers.

Surely the bus drivers number one responsibility would the passengers in the bus,

Loss of a stupid biker compared to all passengers on board

I know what I would have done......

Mobile speed humps such as these 2 bike riders cause little damage to the bus.

Run them over

No apologies needed. Racing bikers endanger everyone else and deserve to be hit and killed by the bus, the bus passengers do not deserve to be injured. By swerving the bus also endangers potential innocent people around it, such as other vehicles and pedestrians, not just its passengers.

If your vehicle is large enough to take out a racing motorbike coming at you in the wrong lane, without endangering those in the vehicle, then there is no reason to try to avoid a collision. In fact you would be doing everyone in the community a favour.

Why do you believe there were two racing bikers, anyone to corroborate this excuse.