Dhanin and Charoen named in world’s list of 100 richest billionaires in 2015

Lite Beer

Dhanin and Charoen named in world’s list of 100 richest billionaires in 2015

11016594_10153146983323637_278142445_n-w

BANGKOK: -- Charoen Pokphand Group chairman Dhanin Chearavanont and beer baron Charoen Sirivadhanabhakdi have been named among the world's list of 100 richest billionaire, coming in the 81st and 87th ranks by leading American business magazine Forbes this year.

Charoen Pokphand Group chairman Dhanin Chearavanont was ranked with US$ 13.6 billion in wealth, and beer baron Charoen Sirivadhanabhakdi with US$ 13.2 billion.

Fugitive ex-premier Thaksin Shinawatra was on the 1,118 billionaires rank with US$ 1.7 billion.

Bill Gates remained the richest man in the world for the 16th time by Forbes magazine’s annual ranking of global billionaires.

The Microsoft founder once again beat Mexican businessman Carlos Slim to the top spot.

Mr Gates’ net worth rose by just over $3bn (£1.94bn) in the year to 13 February, to $79bn.

There are a record 1,826 billionaires in the world, Forbes said, an increase of 181 in the past 12 months.

Mr Gates has now been top of the list for 16 of the last 21 years, Forbes added.

Legendary US investor Warren Buffett regained third place in the list with a net worth of $72.7bn, from Amancio Ortega, the founder of Spanish fashion chain Zara.

Facebook’s Mark Zuckerberg moves up 5 spots to number 16, his first time ranked among the world’s 20 richest.

Among the record 1,826 billionaires in the world declared by Forbes, 17 Thai entrepreneurs were named in the list.

Their wealths were ranked respectively in billion US dollars as follow:

452. Krit Ratanarak, 3.8 B

462. Vanich Chaiyawan, 3.7 B

663. Prasert Prasarttong-Osoth, 2.8 B

714. Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha, 2.6 B

1,118. Thaksin Shinawatra, 1.7 B

1,118. Thongma Vijitpongpun

1,173. Keeree Kanjanapas, 1.7 B

1,173. Suthida Ratanarak, 1.7 B

1,190. Wichai Thongtang, 1.6 B

1,324. William Heinecke, 1.4 B

1,324. Surang Prempree, 1.4 B

1,386. Somphote Ahunai 1.4 B

1,386. Kiat Chiaravanont, 1.4 B

1,415. Eddy Kusnai Sariaatmadja, 1.3 B

1,415. Surin Upatkoon, 1.3 B

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/dhanin-and-charoen-named-in-worlds-list-of-100-richest-billionaires-in-2015

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2015-03-03

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Can't see Costas2008, anywhere..............Forbes, can't be so well informed.

I expect this to be rectified next year.

The "inner circle"won't allow you on the list Costa. Greece wouldn't like that.

Contrary to the usual negative comments, people like Gates and Buffet are some of the greatest philanthropists in the history of the world. They and many others have pledged to give away half of their fortunes at least. Some will say they can afford to but they dont have to. How many of the naysayers have given away of their wedge? I have dropped a fair amount in various "philanthropic" gestures in Isaan, but that is another story.

• Like 2

Where is Yoovidhya cash at? (Red Bull), and since when is Heinecke a Thai national? Also the Juangrongruangkit people.. (Summit).. misleading list as some of these fortunes must be split through to multiple heirs or just hack reporting/research.

These old Chinese got some sick $.

Also.. pretty sure theres another individual that controls a very large fortune that was left off that list

Edited by Baa_Mango
  • Like 1

"There are a record 1,826 billionaires in the world"

I wonder what percentage of them actually give back

to their countries people through charities, donations, etc.

Warren Buffet is leaving all his money to charity. Both he and Bill Gates give hugh amounts of money, I was pleasantly surprised upon hearing what others are doing .....of course I can't speak for the majority.

I think the 99% are getting sick and tired of this &lt;deleted&gt; getting rammed down our throats! Gee ... let me recall my history lessons and what happened to the 1% after the French and Russian revolutions.

• Like 1

"There are a record 1,826 billionaires in the world"

I wonder what percentage of them actually give back

to their countries people through charities, donations, etc.

Nada Zero Zilch. Thats why they are billionaires. Notice there has be a 10% increase in the number of these b**t**ds over the previous year. Governments keep giving em fancy tax breaks, lets them stash their money in low tax havens world wide provides them with our savings at almost zero percent interest to buy back their stock or buy their competitors its a win win situation for these buggars and a loose loose for us savers. They more than likely get a tax refund at the end of the year.

• Like 2

Can't see Costas2008, anywhere..............Forbes, can't be so well informed.

I expect this to be rectified next year.

No no Costas;

billionaires not billionhairs

• Like 1

When I see these annual lists, I wonder if anyone really works out the true amount of money that the top 100 really have and if they calculated it properly, whether there would still be the same 100. By this, I am talking about the huge difference in how the UK and the U.S. term the amount of a billion! For example, in the US, a billion is 1,000,000,000 (UK would class this as ONE THOUSAND MILLION not a billion) but in the UK, a billion is 1,000,000,000,000 - so, as you can see, a HUGE difference! Don't believe me? Look it up and see for yourself.

http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/words/how-many-is-a-billion

Edited by Falcon