Ok, got a mate in a situation with a girl... He needs some advice

bkkheat

Hi,

Writing on behalf of a friend. Some people who know me on here know who is is.

He has an ex girlfriend who he bar fined from a massage place for 200K Baht. I told him he wont get it back but he is really determined to get it back because she left him after a few months.

He went to the massage place to ask for it back, but they told him that he needs to get it off the girl as the massage do not accept bar fines (first time I heard about bar fines at massages)

He also bought her 150K baht of gold too. I think he has given her a lot more money, but he is only after the 350K.

I think he will not get it back for sure, but he has some leverage, he has photos of her profile at the massage place and some other photos which I guess doing something to him or someone else.

He said he will send her an email to get it back, and if she doesnt get it back, he will make a lot of copies of these pictures and send it around her village.

What do you think he should do? just forget it or really do this? I think if he does it, she might try to take him out, but he said he doesnt really care, he just wants him money back or shame her in the village. But I think maybe they already know what he does.

She is from Isan, so perhaps its a higher chance that the parents already know.

What do you think he should do?

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

How vile.

The way your friend 'thinks' it works, in that he believes he is entitled to some kind of refund because his 'girlfriend' left him, is akin to human trafficking. Human traffickers play the threats of shame game as well.

Either

A - It was a gift

B - Your friend purchased a slave

That your friend clearly assumes 'B' is pretty despicable.

Very good point! I hadn't thought like that.

However, she probably pretended to become his girlfriend after the barfine. And he would have (stupidly) thought he had a real GF, but then she dumped him after she got what she wanted.

Feeling like an ATM machine is not nice.

He won't get the money back. I can't believe some people.

Did he pay the massage business ?

They seemed to deny they were involved?

So i guess he paid the girl?

So it was a "business contract" between him and her then wasnt it ?

If thats the case and i doubt she issued him with a receipt but..what was the agreement as stated in their contract even if verbal? Was she able to leave after a few months?

How long was she supossed to stay for ?

Was she able to break up if she didnt like him ?

She stayed a few months..how long was the Warranty for...was there any agrred refund ?

Surely he wasnt expecting the girl to stay and pretend a relationship forever just because he paid her a 200,000 baht fine to take her away from a massage shop?

He is NOT entitled to a "refund",even if he took her to a Court he would lose.

The jewelry were gifts...so no claim there.

As for posting her name and photo etc around her village ...he can be arrested under the Defamation laws in Thailand which for something like that and her claiming harrassnent he vould find himself in jail and im not joking.

Edited by georgegeorgia
  • Like 1

The number of idiot threads on here lately is quite astounding.

If a girl wants out of a massage place, she would just quit...wouldn't she? I have no experience on that.

So he probably got scammed for 200k directly to the girl, then another 7baht of gold.

It is always amazing how a 6th grade education can outwit supposedly smart men.

I'd tell your "friend" that he is a Grade-A chump and tell him he just got his MBA in Bargirl.

• Like 2

At least he didn't marry someone in California. A divorce there would have cost him at least 50% of his net worth. Believing that a woman truly loves you there can be a real disaster if you are mistaken and there's absolutely no possibility of getting your money back. Losing 350K here doesn't seem so bad in comparison.

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

How vile.

The way your friend 'thinks' it works, in that he believes he is entitled to some kind of refund because his 'girlfriend' left him, is akin to human trafficking. Human traffickers play the threats of shame game as well.

Either

A - It was a gift

B - Your friend purchased a slave

That your friend clearly assumes 'B' is pretty despicable.

Very good point! I hadn't thought like that.

However, she probably pretended to become his girlfriend after the barfine. And he would have (stupidly) thought he had a real GF, but then she dumped him after she got what she wanted.

Feeling like an ATM machine is not nice.

He won't get the money back. I can't believe some people.

Another mug gets taken. How did he get out of the asylum?