BMA set to go ahead with BTS extension

webfact

BMA set to go ahead with BTS extension

BANGKOK, 4 March 2015 (NNT) – The Bangkok Metropolitan Administration’s plan to build a BTS Bang Wa-Taling Chan extension route has gained approval by representatives from the civil sector and different agencies during the first round of public hearing.

According to Deputy BMA Governor Amorn Kitchawengkul, the BMA will need to await the results of the feasibility study of the project. If it is worth the investment, private operators may be interested in helping the BMA fund the construction. If the study shows that the project is not lucrative enough but can bolster the capital city’s development, the City Hall will undertake the project alone by seeking funds from other sources.

The Bang Wa-Taling Chan route is the third route extending from Silom area. The project is aimed at improving the mass transport system of highly-populated Thonburi area and alleviating traffic congestion in the capital city. The Deputy Governor said Bangkok has to deal with more than 17 million trips per day, most of which are made by private car owners, leading to a traffic jam in many areas.

The construction is expected to kick off in 2017 and to be completed in 2019. The new BTS route should be ready for service in 2020. The cost of the project is estimated at 10 billion baht. Most of the people attending the public hearing approved of the plan but called on the BMA to study investment feasibility of each section of the route carefully.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2015-03-04 footer_n.gif

The traffic jam is shifting from the roads to the Skytrain. During rush hour, the trains are queuing up on both sides of Saphan Taksin station because there is only one track at that point for about 100 metres.

I hate these posts. I want a map showing from where to where this is supposed to be going. Google wasn't much use.

It is very easy to find the BTS web site. Here is the link to the page with the latest presentation showing the complete Mass Transit System:

http://bts.listedcompany.com/slides.html

Here is the link to Skyscrapercity page 29 which shows the 3 proposed routes and further details plus lots of photos and info on all the other lines:

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=644829&page=29

• Like 1

I hate these posts. I want a map showing from where to where this is supposed to be going. Google wasn't much use.

It is very easy to find the BTS web site. Here is the link to the page with the latest presentation showing the complete Mass Transit System:

http://bts.listedcompany.com/slides.html

Here is the link to Skyscrapercity page 29 which shows the 3 proposed routes and further details plus lots of photos and info on all the other lines:

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=644829&page=29

Yeah. On the first link you gave, after about two minutes clicking around, I found a map too tiny to read. The link, which I shouldn't have to be searching for, is http://www.btsgroup.co.th/en/routemap_bts.html

The second link possibly also has a map in there somewhere, why is it my job to waste 10 minutes on searching after reading a news article? I never heard of Bang Wa-Taling Chan.

so time to investors to go buy some plots of lands and start the speculation ?

This was announced in Dec 2013 for study

You have missed the boat on that front, prices have already skyrocketed in the area (in the last 2-3 years) with 31 new condo projects along the Bang Wah ext and many new condos are planned along the ext corridor (esp for when the Blue line ext opens).

557000002471501.JPEG

This is what you are looking for. There are currently 3 routes options with 1 & 3 being the most likely.

Taling Chan is at the north end and will connect with the SRT Light Red Line (completed in 2012 but operations are supended). Bang Wah is the current end of the BTS line and provides an interchange with the Blue Line ext under construction on Phetkasem rd

14258769931425877026l.jpg

A video produced in Dec 2013 also gives a good overview of the route;

Maps in this thread give you the overview of all future mass transit plans, http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/406991-the-new-skytrain/page-16