Thai Shares Stock trading accounts - whats best cheapest simplest acc?

I was going to try with KT ZMICO but there's a clause in their terms & conditions which I found absolutely unacceptable.

Basically says, that if they get into financial trouble, then the funds you have on deposit in your account with them are not segregated and thus not protected.

In a nutshell, if they go down, you go down.

Ridiculous especially when I'm sure they're engaged in proprietary trading

I'm going to stick to the banks since I just want a stock holding account but trying to open an account with Bualuang Securities is a nightmare

First they said I needed a work permit, which I don't have because I don't work here.

Then they said I needed to be on the house registration which I'm not.

I'm sure this is another one of those times in Thai banks when no one really knows what they're talking about but I wish it have to be such a time-consuming mission to get the truth?

Tried to open a Maybank KimEng trial account online - another nightmare. The online form keeps saying "Telephone number is wrong format" - Tried every permutation and keep getting the same message.

No phone number to contact them on; just a generic email.

Anyway, can anyone point me in the right direction of a broker who's happy with a passport and my lease agreement in order to open a standard stock holding account? (except KT ZMICO for the reasons mentioned at the beginning of my post

• 1 month later...

KT ZMICO vs Maybank ?

any opinions?

KT ZIMCO is KTZimco and Maybank is Maybank : both are good. Just try them out on a Practice Account if you want to be doubly sure. I prefer KTZ, yet trade with others !

But before that make sure you know how to trade : more than 90% investors make a small fortune OUT OF BIG ONE. Do you wish to belong to The August Society of Grand Losers ? If not, take some lessons - gather some knowledge !

I could guide you : see my name ? Robinhood, " Rob the Rich and Feed the Poor" : that is my hobby! of course, God willing , so better not quarrel with THAT Guy ! But being a resourceful person, with vast contacts, I can suggest a way to Bribe Him too ! Just offter his poor and struggling children a part of what you make.........the world population has grown and he finds it difficult to keep track of all who apply to him for succor !

I was going to try with KT ZMICO but there's a clause in their terms & conditions which I found absolutely unacceptable.

Basically says, that if they get into financial trouble, then the funds you have on deposit in your account with them are not segregated and thus not protected.

In a nutshell, if they go down, you go down.

Ridiculous especially when I'm sure they're engaged in proprietary trading

I'm going to stick to the banks since I just want a stock holding account but trying to open an account with Bualuang Securities is a nightmare

First they said I needed a work permit, which I don't have because I don't work here.

Then they said I needed to be on the house registration which I'm not.

I'm sure this is another one of those times in Thai banks when no one really knows what they're talking about but I wish it have to be such a time-consuming mission to get the truth?

Tried to open a Maybank KimEng trial account online - another nightmare. The online form keeps saying "Telephone number is wrong format" - Tried every permutation and keep getting the same message.

No phone number to contact them on; just a generic email.

Anyway, can anyone point me in the right direction of a broker who's happy with a passport and my lease agreement in order to open a standard stock holding account? (except KT ZMICO for the reasons mentioned at the beginning of my post

Thanks for the info. Re. KTZ, just planning to start an A/C with them : it was not so when I last traded with them.

Bualuang is a problem though - they wouldn't even send an extra copy of the Daily Statement to someone I wanted to have that information !

• 4 weeks later...

I was puzzled why they added on 12 thb to each of my three trades....then when I did 2 sells, they added on 22 thb...so it is the 50 thb minimum per day rule...another small detail they forgot to tell me. Of course, the only reason I was selling is because I didn't check the NVDR box, when I bought, which makes me ineligible for the dividends...except for REITS. They did send me a reminder, after markets closed on the day before ex-dividend. Learning the hard way.....but it will be ok. Is there such a thing as a "Good until cancelled order"?

Much appreciated.

Niob question.

If I buy shares in Maybank

Is there a daily charge? Is it.

No daily charges, no charges whatsoever. With Maybank you'll get 1,9% intrest on your idle money.

I give you a very good advice. Trade dry for about 3-6 months and you still have your money 3-6 months later. You'll be ever grateful to me if you follow this advice. But you'll surely regret if you don't. This is the best advice anyone can give you, unless you have years of experience.

During these months you learn and review all the mistakes you make. Learn, learn, learn. Costs you nothing, but you'll be glad you did.

Trading dry typically goes better than live.

Live you need to deal with the pressure.. That's what's makes you take the wrong decisions.

Eventually you learn (if money left)

Day Traders prefer currency markets. Most liquid markets in the world. Trading from a internet platform = no commission, extremely narrow bid/ask spreads. Even under these very favorable circumstances, few day-traders can show a profit at the end of the year.

And now, Farangs come here to Day-Trade Thai-stocks to supplement their income? Sitting in a beach chair, in the left hand a Chang Beer and on the right side a Thai Beauty and the money keeps rolling in. The i-phone delivers price-quotas that are 15 minutes old.

Day Traders Paradise.

Cheers.

Day Traders prefer currency markets. Most liquid markets in the world. Trading from a internet platform = no commission, extremely narrow bid/ask spreads. Even under these very favorable circumstances, few day-traders can show a profit at the end of the year.

And now, Farangs come here to Day-Trade Thai-stocks to supplement their income? Sitting in a beach chair, in the left hand a Chang Beer and on the right side a Thai Beauty and the money keeps rolling in. The i-phone delivers price-quotas that are 15 minutes old.

Day Traders Paradise.

Cheers.