Thai editorial: Good Muslims, bad Muslims and the lies the govt tells you

webfact

The muslims want their own caliphate, leading to a world under Islam.

It is the biggest threat on the globe.

They already number around 20% of global population, and aim to increase that to 25% this decade.

Muslims do not integrate with the rest of us, they maintain separation through dress, and extremely strong unquestioning believe in the quoran and its interpretation by religious leaders.

It has a particular appeal to the poor and uneducated, and strives to maintain this through not educating the women and allowing the men to treat their women as chattels.

Nonsense.

A nonsense unfortunately confirm almost daily by the press all over the world .

The muslims want their own caliphate, leading to a world under Islam.

It is the biggest threat on the globe.

They already number around 20% of global population, and aim to increase that to 25% this decade.

Muslims do not integrate with the rest of us, they maintain separation through dress, and extremely strong unquestioning believe in the quoran and its interpretation by religious leaders.

It has a particular appeal to the poor and uneducated, and strives to maintain this through not educating the women and allowing the men to treat their women as chattels.

Nonsense.

A nonsense unfortunately confirm almost daily by the press all over the world .

Nonsense.

The problem isn't that these people are Muslim. If they were Christian, they would have been treated just as poorly by the Thai government.

It all really started with Thailand/Siam annexing the region. This editorial completely ignores Thailand's spectacular history of complete failure at negotiation...

The actions and words of the radicals are negatively swaying the thoughts of many non-muslims.

How sad. IMHO the mainstream Muslim people, worldwide (who are decent, fair and pleasant people) urgently

need to decry the radical members of their faith.

Do you run out and decry groups like the Westbro Baptist Church on a regular basis ?

The IRA were Catholics, should I worry about Shaemus blowing up pubs in Australia because we don't believe the same thing ?

The Koran of Medina clearly calls for the killing of infidels (all non-Muslims so all us).

The Koran is the word of God. One can't edit or amend as was done for the Bible for example. A Muslim rapist and murderer of non Muslims is a good Muslim who respects the sacred texts.

Personally I don't see a courteous and peaceful solution. There will be bloodshed knew sooner or later.

The Koran of Medina clearly calls for the killing of infidels (all non-Muslims so all us).

The Koran is the word of God. One can't edit or amend as was done for the Bible for example. A Muslim rapist and murderer of non Muslims is a good Muslim who respects the sacred texts.

Personally I don't see a courteous and peaceful solution. There will be bloodshed knew sooner or later.

Malarkey !

• Like 1

Apply the following to yourself

"No drug, not even alcohol, causes the fundamental ills of society. If we're looking for the source of our troubles, we shouldn't test people for drugs, we should test them for stupidity, ignorance, greed and love of power."

P.J. O'Rourke

• Like 2

"No drug, not even alcohol, causes the fundamental ills of society. If we're looking for the source of our troubles, we shouldn't test people for drugs, we should test them for stupidity, ignorance, greed and love of power."

P.J. O'Rourke

The test is whether or not you find Islam appealing in any way.

P.J. O'Rourke

The test is whether or not you find Islam appealing in any way.

No, it's not.

The test is whether you allow prejudice to overcome tolerance, lies overcome the truth, ignorance overcome understanding, hate overcome acceptance.

On all sides.

Edited by Bluespunk
  • Like 1

I have relatives & friends in indonesia during the 1998 muslim-chinese fighting....families killed, burn & rape. Sorry I do not have friends & relatives the the places u mentioned but I do have friends & relatives in the place I mentioned who was so lovingly killed by this bastards.

Your loss is tragic

However it shows why we should not promote intolerance that other posters are advocating.

It is not going to stop tragedies and massacres happening again.

It only perpetuates hatred and leads to more atrocities.

The evil actions of some is not a reason to hate all members of a faith.

This applies to all faiths.

"However it shows why we should not promote intolerance that other posters are advocating.

It only perpetuates hatred and leads to more atrocities."

CARE to change the second 'It' to 'RELIGION'?

I have relatives & friends in indonesia during the 1998 muslim-chinese fighting....families killed, burn & rape. Sorry I do not have friends & relatives the the places u mentioned but I do have friends & relatives in the place I mentioned who was so lovingly killed by this bastards.

Your loss is tragic

However it shows why we should not promote intolerance that other posters are advocating.

"However it shows why we should not promote intolerance that other posters are advocating.

It's people who commit the atrocities we see done in the name of god.

It's not faith that causes them to do the evil they do but their prejudices and intolerance.

It's not faith that causes them to do the evil they do but their prejudices and intolerance.

Angelic vision that has shown limits long time ago.
Again, it is not archaic prejudices that guide but their sacred text.
What language should we write for you understand ?
Edited by happy Joe

One that's free of prejudice, bigotry, intolerance and hate.

One that is based on thinking and not the aforementioned.

Edited by Bluespunk

Your loss is tragic

Prejudice and intolerance that arises purely through or from religions?

What is faith? The hope for the outcome of an unforseen futuristic act, by a person, self or a God?

Prejudice and intolerance that arises purely through or from religions?

What is faith? The hope for the outcome of an unforseen futuristic act, by a person, self or a God?

I'm an atheist myself. No need for any religion to tell me right from wrong. However if others want to follow a faith that's not my business.

I've met religious people and they were good people.

I've met atheists and they were narrow minded bigots.

Yes some abuse faith to justify their bigotry, but if wasn't there they would find another reason.

Colour. Sexuality. Nationality. Football team. Political bias. Whatever.

Those who are fueled by hatred of anything different will always find a reason or excuse. Religion is just one of many they could select to justify their hate.

• Like 2

One that's free of prejudice, bigotry, intolerance and hate.

One that is based on thinking and not the aforementioned.

Funny you feel this way, since you are championing a worldview which wholly prescribes prejudice, bigotry, intolerance and hate, .

If you asked me to define Islam in one word my choice would be, intolerance.

What about an interpretation like this:

Be careful about non-believers, don't trust them too fast. Show them you can and will fight for Islam.

But don't use your swords if you find their intentions are good.

Edited by micmichd

It's just a pity that they need to indoctrinate their children with archaic myth and beliefs that can easily be used to induce them to violence.

Religion is a mental disease you catch from your parents.

I would suggest it is the Imams mainly self appointed and those who are legit in the Muslim world who encourage matters such as violent extremism. It's off topic, but a great pity that politicians have been slow to enact legislation to either deport or imprison those residing in the Western world. There is hope there is change afoot to address those who reject Western standards of ethics and morality as governments catch up with legislation and enforcement.

http://www.dailystar.com.lb/News/Lebanon-News/2015/Mar-06/289869-australia-jails-lebanese-man-10-years-for-marrying-12-year-old.ashx

Again from my experience living amongst the Muslism community in East Pattaya I never picked up attitudes encouraging Islamic violence. As far as I'm aware radical Islam is not the norm within the Thai Muslim community and do not identify themselves to the conflicts in the Arab world.

I did know a few Thai Muslims who had relocated from the deep South to raise their families to escape the violence and lack of opportunity. You will know that out of the 1.4m million Muslim community in the deep South 'only' 10k - 20k have been estimated to be members of the insurgency; the majority of deaths attributable to the conflict are Muslim civilians. Again you would know a number of the killings are put down to eradicating Muslim informers, so IMO the mime of Thai Muslims generally supporting Islamic violence doesn't add up.

Your reply has little, if anything, to do with my post.

The violent attitudes induced in muslim youths rely on the indoctrination of susceptible young minds by their parents, to believe in the infallible word of god.

It's just a pity that they need to indoctrinate their children with archaic myth and beliefs that can easily be used to induce them to violence.

Religion is a mental disease you catch from your parents.

I would suggest it is the Imams mainly self appointed and those who are legit in the Muslim world who encourage matters such as violent extremism. It's off topic, but a great pity that politicians have been slow to enact legislation to either deport or imprison those residing in the Western world. There is hope there is change afoot to address those who reject Western standards of ethics and morality as governments catch up with legislation and enforcement.

http://www.dailystar.com.lb/News/Lebanon-News/2015/Mar-06/289869-australia-jails-lebanese-man-10-years-for-marrying-12-year-old.ashx

Again from my experience living amongst the Muslism community in East Pattaya I never picked up attitudes encouraging Islamic violence. As far as I'm aware radical Islam is not the norm within the Thai Muslim community and do not identify themselves to the conflicts in the Arab world.

I did know a few Thai Muslims who had relocated from the deep South to raise their families to escape the violence and lack of opportunity. You will know that out of the 1.4m million Muslim community in the deep South 'only' 10k - 20k have been estimated to be members of the insurgency; the majority of deaths attributable to the conflict are Muslim civilians. Again you would know a number of the killings are put down to eradicating Muslim informers, so IMO the mime of Thai Muslims generally supporting Islamic violence doesn't add up.

Your reply has little, if anything, to do with my post.

The violent attitudes induced in muslim youths rely on the indoctrination of susceptible young minds by their parents, to believe in the infallible word of god.

If you are saying parents should reject Islam, that's a different matter. Otherwise we will have to agree to disagree. From my knowledge living in a Thai Muslim community Muslim youth will primarily follow an Imams guidance on interpretation of the Koran or if you prefer, indoctrination.

Edited by simple1