Smartphones are so addictive, they should come with a health warning

thai tech

Smartphones are so addictive, they should come with a health warning
iStock_000055426250_Small-702x336.jpg

A new study has found that smartphones are so addictive, they should come with a health warning.

The study, titled Smartphone Use, Addiction, Narcissism, and Personality: A Mixed Methods Investigation, found that 13 percent of people who took part were addicted to their smartphone, with the users spending an average of 3.6 hours using their device each day.

Read more: http://tech.thaivisa.com/smartphones-are-so-addictive-they-should-come-with-a-health-warning/6310/

At Northrop, the largest cause of workplace "accident's and incidents are slips and falls and other injuries caused while being distracted using headphones, Iphones, etc. People walk around not paying attention to their surroundings. And of course I am sure all of you are aware of how many people drive and, text, chat, watch, etc.

Add victim of assault to the list.

Not long ago I came across an article about smartpone theft in San Francisco. The thieves have it down to a science: when someone is walking down the street staring at their phone they get whapped on the back of the head and they have it figured out which way the phone is going to fly, so they catch it before it hits the ground. They usually work in teams.

I can't say by exactly what means the miscreants in SEA obtain hot phones, but I've had people on the street try to sell me apple phones in Penang and KL.

The number of Folk walking around in

Bangkok looking and writing on their phones is huge. A menace in supermarkets, shopping malls and sidewalks!

If that is a menace, how about listening to a one sided conversation in a train, bus, restaurant etc.? Especially in a very loud voice!