Spas and Hot Tubs

hdkane

I wish to have a hot tub in my home...not a bath with jets, but a hot tub/Jacuzzi with a heater and jets...one that I can move to different locations...I've looked at Home Pro and such...they do not have portable hot tubs...only bath tubs that have jets for installation in your bathroom...i met a fellow who manufactured hot tubs, but the hot tubs only had a couple of jets, and they were very weak...the hot tubs that i see usually advertised are ridiculously expense, 250,000 and up, for a 2 person spa...

i'm considering importing one from the USA...but i'm clueless about what modifications would have to be made to make sure it works here... the hot tub pictured below would cost less than 100,000 THB in the USA...and cost about 20,000 to import...but then i have the issues related to different electrical systems and maintenance...

does anyone have any advice about stores or shops that sell hot tubs for under 200,000? or...what considerations there are to import a hot tub?

thanks in advance...

t_201172163930369.png

Have you considered an inflatable jacuzzi?

Not at silly as it sounds. No special fittings required and completely mobile.

Type in, inflatable jacuzzi, in Google Imagines and check them out.

Who knows, if the company boss is feeling in a good mood, he may throw in the girls with the deal.

post-110219-0-85740600-1425630112_thumb.

post-110219-0-23945200-1425630140_thumb.

There are many, Google it, also, just use the search function on this forum and you'll find lots of info.

Example;http://swimspasandpoolsthai.com/?page_id=700

It may also assist others to help you if you stated where you are located ?

Importing could be costly for "extra's" on duty etc.

Thank you for the guidance...I must be doing something wrong, because when I search Google, I only results for pools and permanent spas, not the portable ones that can be moved to different locations in the home...

Also, you mentioned that I should provide my locale...I'm in Mueng Chon Buri, about an hour north of Pattaya...and 90 minutes south of BKK...we have HomePro here, but not too many specialty retailers like Pattaya...admittedly, I'm still learning my way around the city...

About importing, I've checked the official cost, and it isn't prohibitive, but I know that there seem to be hidden costs everywhere here...and I think I would out of luck if I needed repairs of maintenance...

Thank you so much for your help...it seems you can find anything, if you only ask the right knowledgeable person...take care, hk

• Like 1

Who knows, if the company boss is feeling in a good mood, he may throw in the girls with the deal.

You know, I really should check them out...I saw them back in the USA a long time ago...I'm sure they have improved...back then, they were much smaller than the photos you offered...thanks for the idea...and I'm sure they are much cheaper than hard sided tubs...

There are many, Google it, also, just use the search function on this forum and you'll find lots of info.

Example;http://swimspasandpoolsthai.com/?page_id=700

It may also assist others to help you if you stated where you are located ?

Importing could be costly for "extra's" on duty etc.

Thank you for the guidance...I must be doing something wrong, because when I search Google, I only results for pools and permanent spas, not the portable ones that can be moved to different locations in the home...

Also, you mentioned that I should provide my locale...I'm in Mueng Chon Buri, about an hour north of Pattaya...and 90 minutes south of BKK...we have HomePro here, but not too many specialty retailers like Pattaya...admittedly, I'm still learning my way around the city...

About importing, I've checked the official cost, and it isn't prohibitive, but I know that there seem to be hidden costs everywhere here...and I think I would out of luck if I needed repairs of maintenance...

Thank you so much for your help...it seems you can find anything, if you only ask the right knowledgeable person...take care, hk

GREAT WEBSITE! JUST WHAT I WAS LOOKING FOR...THANKS AGAIN.

ARE YOU CRAZY in a very polite way,

the last time i was in one was in the Alps,

freezing cold but the spa was full of hot

bubbles, after reading that it was 38C in

most parts of Thailand,, i would love the

idea of being inside one,,FULL OF ICE

• Like 1

The thought of a inflatable jacuzzi with a lady or two and plenty of soap... biggrin.png

A Jacuzzi needs at least 6 water and 15 + air jets very important. The waterjets come from the side and should be adjustable the air jets from the sitting area but make sure they are not directly under the bum area more to the front. It must have got a very good cartridge filter as the bacteria love the warm water.

• 4 years later...
On 3/9/2015 at 4:11 AM, judax said:

A Jacuzzi needs at least 6 water and 15 + air jets very important. The waterjets come from the side and should be adjustable the air jets from the sitting area but make sure they are not directly under the bum area more to the front. It must have got a very good cartridge filter as the bacteria love the warm water.

Thanks for the info...  we found this 6 jet (water I think) for 2 people...  but now we read the above we are having doubts ...  dont want to end up with a lame fart bath, and look at the powercord, only 3.1 amps so why not put a plug on it proving your house is earthed and the plugs have an earth ....

Any comments welcomed, thanks all..

83814018_2207277189568350_1517170340881498112_n.jpg

Capture.JPG

80310680_219995495691885_6438631219130269696_n.jpg

83026425_611814786060880_8703203775927549952_n.jpg

83566602_579048499617582_2886459812390895616_n.jpg

• 11 months later...

I'm currently dealing with factories in China via Alibaba. Spa price combined with export/import tax and duty paid by the forwarder on both ends, are a lot less than it would cost me in the US. 

Literally 100's of models to choose from.

If ya need more, ya know where I'm at