Make driving license as a tourist

Schlubl

A motorbike

Actually not.

You can use one of the DoLT's ones for perhaps a small fee. 100b tops.

You will need a Certificate of Residence from your embassy if you don't have a Work Permit.

These are usually not difficult to get. But usually cost a few thousand baht. Contact your embassy in Thailand.

Go to a medical clinic and get a Health Certificate. Tell them it is for a driving license.

the DoLT will take care of the rest - tests and photos etc.

You will need a Certificate of Residence from your embassy if you don't have a Work Permit.

These are usually not difficult to get. But usually cost a few thousand baht. Contact your embassy in Thailand.

Certificate of residence is obtained from immigration. Cost as most Bt 500.

Certificate of residence is obtained from immigration. Cost as most Bt 500.

Incorrect.

Nearly no immigration offices offer this service nowadays, and the price can vary wildly (I believe that it should be free/there isn't any set price, so if the immigration office does do it, the price is up to them (200-2000b depending). Those that do offer it usually require the Alien to have a non-immigrant visa and extension of stay. Without these they will almost certainly be told to go to their embassy to get one.

Please stop posting incorrect information.

Thanks.

Incorrect.

Nearly no immigration offices offer this service nowadays, and the price can vary wildly (I believe that it should be free/there isn't any set price, so if the immigration office does do it, the price is up to them (200-2000b depending). Those that do offer it usually require the Alien to have a non-immigrant visa and extension of stay. Without these they will almost certainly be told to go to their embassy to get one.

It is you that are posting wrong info. The certificate is available in all offices, Few offices raises exceptions, e.g. CW doing it only for people that do reports with them. For more discussion refer to the many threads running in the visa sections.

Edited by paz

What do they require?

Rental agreement, or copy of the house book of the house owner where you reside, along with their ID card, both sides, signed.

Copy your passport, visa, entry stamp.

Two photos

500 baht

• Like 1

What do they require?

Rental agreement, or copy of the house book of the house owner where you reside, along with their ID card, both sides, signed.

Copy your passport, visa, entry stamp.

Two photos

500 baht

Make note OP.

Incorrect.

It is you that are posting wrong info. The certificate is available in all offices,

Nothing could be further from the truth.

Your misinformation could cause headaches and a lot of lost time to those who read it. Please stop misinforming people. Thanks.

For those who are in need of a CoR, I would recommend contacting your local immigration first to ask them their current office policy and requirements, of course writing down all the info and name of the officer you speak to.

Current office policies change like the wind (take note Paz)

For example Chiang Mai Immigration refuses to give residence certs. (post 1 and 18.)

Edited by Hopho

Nothing could be further from the truth.

Your misinformation could cause headaches and a lot of lost time to those who read it. Please stop misinforming people. Thanks.

For those who are in need of a CoR, I would recommend contacting your local immigration first to ask them their current office policy and requirements, of course writing down all the info and name of the officer you speak to.

Current office policies change like the wind (take note Paz)

For example Chiang Mai Immigration refuses to give residence certs. (post 1 and 18.)

Chiang Mai positive reference by seedy in this same thread.

As I said, go ahead and rant this in the "visa forum", we'll see what will come out and who is posting misinformation. Awaiting.

As I said, go ahead and rant this in the "visa forum", we'll see what will come out and who is posting misinformation. Awaiting.

Not sure why you're getting all personal and ruining a thread where people are posting true and accurate information. Your information is/was incorrect, as has been shown. I suggest moving on....

Not personal at all. What I said is correct: Thai immigration offices normally issue certificates of residence, for a fee.

I invited you to challenge this statement in the proper forum:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/forum/1-thai-visas-residency-and-work-permits/

But if you prefer bickering here, have fun.

Not sure why you're getting all personal and ruining a thread where people are posting true and accurate information. Your information is/was incorrect, as has been shown. I suggest moving on....

Not personal at all. What I said is correct: Thai immigration offices normally issue certificates of residence, for a fee.

I invited you to challenge this statement in the proper forum:

But if you prefer bickering here, have fun.

There is no bickering. This is what you said (a quote of your post in its entirety) :

"Certificate of residence is obtained from immigration. Cost as most Bt 500."

This is incorrect, as has been shown.

It is only fair to point that out to all posters as they may waste their time going to their local office only to be told that they don't give them.

As I said, deal with it and move on....

My recommendation for posters looking for one, is to contact their local immigration office first. Many people have wasted time and effort by not doing so. These policies change like the wind, what might be given one month is not necessarily given the next. Welcome to Thailand.

Edited by Hopho

There is no bickering. This is what you said (a quote of your post in its entirety) :

This is incorrect, as has been shown.

You do not have shown anything except some Chaing Mai updated postings.

So:

Challenge that in the proper forum. Awaiting.

Dealing with being incorrect and moving on isn't possible for some.... sad.png

Just prove me incorrect on the proper forum, where people from all over the country will tell about their experience. it is a very often discussed topic.

Awaiting your new thread. I don't even need to post there, other people answers will be enough to show what the facts are.

Edited by paz