Semi-Naked Belgian found wandering the streets of Pattaya

Lite Beer

How about. Euro Boozer= BIG LOSER

Love the pics. Mr Miller has obviously had a great time. No reason to start World War 3 or ban all Europeans from Thailand. The original photo is just begging for a caption competition. I'm struggling myself but does anyone have any good suggestion?

Would seriously consider Singapore or Malaysia far fewer of the worlds worst foreigners. You have to admit Thailand and Cambodia tends to attract the bottom of the barrel of humanity. Shut the bars down at midnight and millions would flee. OMG! No booze. What will i do ?????

@gandalf12, if you dont like (central) Pattaya, you dont have to come anywhere near the place - what's with the endless rants about quality tourists ? Incidents like this happen regularly in Pattaya - getting your knickers in a twist isnt going to change anything. If the Thais were serious about changing things here, they would be trying to make the country another Singapore - how many of us want to live in Singapore ? OK - other than you, how many ? wink.png

• Like 1

Would seriously consider Singapore or Malaysia far fewer of the worlds worst foreigners. You have to admit Thailand and Cambodia tends to attract the bottom of the barrel of humanity. Shut the bars down at midnight and millions would flee. OMG! No booze. What will i do ?????

@gandalf12, if you dont like (central) Pattaya, you dont have to come anywhere near the place - what's with the endless rants about quality tourists ? Incidents like this happen regularly in Pattaya - getting your knickers in a twist isnt going to change anything. If the Thais were serious about changing things here, they would be trying to make the country another Singapore - how many of us want to live in Singapore ? OK - other than you, how many ? wink.png

Absolutely no problem getting alcohol after midnight in both Singapore and Malaysia - it will cost you more than most places here, but its available. I think its the perception here that towns like Pattaya have an 'anything goes' approach to the law - cant say I've seen too many foreigners wandering around Singapore or KL at midnight with their shirts off and a Chang in one hand. I stayed in Geylang on one trip to Singapore to get a better feel for the 'real' Singapore - Orchard Towers is a joke - and came away thinking it was one of the most boring experiences I've ever had in Asia, despite the fact that I had a Thai lady to keep me company. Before I settled in Pattaya I spent a week on Penang trying to find the 'ideal' apartment - it doesnt exist unless you are prepared to buy a car and leave said car at home when you want to have a few drinks - I might as well have stayed in Brisbane if I wanted to live like that. If the price I pay to live in a town which has everything I need in a relatively small area is the odd drunk tourist, so be it - swings and roundabouts. FWIW, I have much the same attitude to Kuta as many here have to Pattaya - too many bogan tourists, too many crims, corrupt cops and the list goes on, but there's something about the old tart that gets into your bloodstream. I suspect that it's fatal, but we all have to die of something :D

dazed, confused, only a shirt and no wallet... i bet his bum might be a bit sore when he wakes up....

Just hate it when the ladyboys spike the drinks.... 555555

Your lack of sympathy for somebody who has probably been through a traumatic experience is horrible.

Anyone can be next....

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Here we go again,.....another one got ripped off by either a she/he, or a lady of the night. When will this type of behavior end.

and why do they keep posting these type of stories? Same story over and over again, its just the names that change! Is there

a list to see whom is the most likely the next victim? Thailand........one month period through out the country. It would be interesting to see

German Russian American Belgian Danish Swedish British........Australian New Zealand others

Drunk 11 4 3 1 2 1 14 6 2 7

Fighting 7 2 5 2 6 2 19 4 1 10

Mugged 2 4 3 1 2 1 10 2 1 6

Doped 2 9 3 2 1 2 5 3 1 5

Suicide 2 1 2 0 0 1 3 2 0 1

Death 2 1 2 1 1 1 4 3 0 4

Ahh, statistics, wonderful...........wink.png

What your figures show me is that in your one month period, 205 people of mixed nationalities were involved in incidents.

Breaking it down, 109 people of mixed nationalities were t w a t s, and 95 were victims, 12 of which took their own lives.

The second group of 95 (minus the 12 suicides) could have been from anywhere.

Daniel, do yourself a favour and set your computer to shutdown after 15 minutes, get yourself outside and smell the roses.

Its good for you...........rolleyes.gif

Edited by chrisinth

By heck there are some right boring posters on ere.

I don't think he hurt anyone. The police seem to have taken the situation with a pinch of salt. Maybe he's not used to his alcohol and had a couple too many. He looks pretty harmless to me.

• Like 1

Absolutely no problem getting alcohol after midnight in both Singapore and Malaysia - it will cost you more than most places here, but its available. I think its the perception here that towns like Pattaya have an 'anything goes' approach to the law - cant say I've seen too many foreigners wandering around Singapore or KL at midnight with their shirts off and a Chang in one hand. I stayed in Geylang on one trip to Singapore to get a better feel for the 'real' Singapore - Orchard Towers is a joke - and came away thinking it was one of the most boring experiences I've ever had in Asia, despite the fact that I had a Thai lady to keep me company. Before I settled in Pattaya I spent a week on Penang trying to find the 'ideal' apartment - it doesnt exist unless you are prepared to buy a car and leave said car at home when you want to have a few drinks - I might as well have stayed in Brisbane if I wanted to live like that. If the price I pay to live in a town which has everything I need in a relatively small area is the odd drunk tourist, so be it - swings and roundabouts. FWIW, I have much the same attitude to Kuta as many here have to Pattaya - too many bogan tourists, too many crims, corrupt cops and the list goes on, but there's something about the old tart that gets into your bloodstream. I suspect that it's fatal, but we all have to die of something biggrin.png

I enjoy living in Singapore.

I am only in Singapore for the work/money Mr W (advantages are obvious = great schools, very low tax, everything so straight forward and easy, almost no crime, 20 minutes to the airport, etc.).

However, when the works dries up - I'm back home near Korat, wandering around semi nude in the night after one too many goof.gif.pagespeed.ce.KJ2oZpgSLmsZk1sTV4

• Like 1

Sadly it seems many from Pattaya have now found Korat. I could tell from their general sloppiness , missing teeth, red face, dazed look from alcoholism and the dead give away washed up old bar girl they found on the beach road tagging behind. Really sad Korat was a great city before. Somehow the sex tourists/alcoholics found it with the help miss skank.

Hmm - might explain why there are so many people from Khorat living in Pattaya ! wink.png

Sadly it seems many from Pattaya have now found Korat. I could tell from their general sloppiness , missing teeth, red face, dazed look from alcoholism and the dead give away washed up old bar girl they found on the beach road tagging behind. Really sad Korat was a great city before. Somehow the sex tourists/alcoholics found it with the help miss skank.

Hmm - might explain why there are so many people from Khorat living in Pattaya ! wink.png

Whoa - lets take a step back, Big Jim - how many times have you seen people chime into a cost of living thread here to tell us all how little it costs them to live in the wonderful Northeast ? Assuming said bargirl is from somewhere in the region anyway, wouldnt it be a natural migration ? My experience here - admittedly only 10 months as a retiree - tells me that they arent all that far gone - if anything, the longtimers I've met seem to have a very healthy respect for what the bars can do to a man over time. When you reach the 'dazed look from alcoholism' stage, I dont think it matters a great deal were you live - those guys will be a propping up to a bar from 10am till dusk wherever they land.

You have some good points. But i am talking about the Korat city i knew from seven years ago compared to a year ago. Seven years ago i saw few if any foreigners there and what few i did see seemed they had the ability to put the bottle down at least a portion of the day. Compared to a year ago i saw many more foreigners and every one perhaps i missed the sober ones, gave me the creeps. Another poster i had spoken to on this site mentioned much the same. Speaking from just not too long ago compared to now. So my theory since as a biologist that deals with migration is sadly the Pattaya drunks/sex tourists somehow got word of the few foreign bars that have opened and with the help of Thai bar girl (girlfriend ) ????? have drifted in that direction. Just wish there was a way to fence them in to the Pattaya /Phuket areas so their wonderful personalities would not spread into the once quiet areas of Issan.don,t know how much time you have spent in Thailand as a whole. But you will soon notice as their numbers grow in certain areas the Thais attitudes drastically change and from there it is a very fast spiral down the toilet. Have witnessed this numerous times. It never ends well.

Whoa - lets take a step back, Big Jim - how many times have you seen people chime into a cost of living thread here to tell us all how little it costs them to live in the wonderful Northeast ? Assuming said bargirl is from somewhere in the region anyway, wouldnt it be a natural migration ? My experience here - admittedly only 10 months as a retiree - tells me that they arent all that far gone - if anything, the longtimers I've met seem to have a very healthy respect for what the bars can do to a man over time. When you reach the 'dazed look from alcoholism' stage, I dont think it matters a great deal were you live - those guys will be a propping up to a bar from 10am till dusk wherever they land.

I can't believe some posters are all worked up over this, after all, Pattaya is known to be a bit of a let your hair down place. The sooner you get your head around this the better or it will continue to annoy you.

I'd rather have some farang walking around half naked than a Thai rent a cop firing bullets in the air.