Dandelions

I called them dandy flowers as a kid. Do you want some seeds? Perhaps we shouldn't introduce another ( farang ) invasive species to LOS. I'm in Canada right now, and spring is in the air. The leaves are supposed to be good to eat.

Cheers

Pac chi farang is saw leaf coriander, but to me it tastes more like Fennel.

Can not see the point of dandelions in LOS ,would have though the summer heat would finish them off.I have enough weeds without any more.

Old recipe ,go well with grilled Trout.

Thanks for the replies.

Equivalent I refer to is the medicinal remedies. There are so many herbs and veg which have so many properties which have been lost or seem to have been discarded. I am interested in learning about such things and also Asian etc medicinal herbs etc.

Hello All, as this is the farming forum, have you thought of having a MOD move

your thread to the plant/pet forum oath the health forum? You may find what your

looking for, don't forget the Root in Root Beer is from dandelion root.

"The species Taraxacum officinale is listed as a noxious weed in some jurisdictions,

and is considered to be a nuisance in residential and recreational lawns in North

America. It is also an important weed in agriculture and causes significant economic

damage because of its infestation in many crops worldwide" From Wiki.

Here, they will just use more spray to kill the weed, we need more spray in LOS.

rice555

• Like 1