extension of stay renewal for non-imm o requirements

wazzadg44

I had all paperwork (plus, plus plus) fully completed before making the application.

I had photocopies of all pages of my bank book, a letter about funds held, and a six month statement from my bank.

I photocopied all passport pages and the TM6.

I completed a TM30 and their special Phuket version of the same form. (In fact two of the latter because I was unsure who was supposed to complete part 2) I also had copies of the housebook and chanote with details of my usufruct.

As I had only received about 46 days when I last made the 90 day report in Patong, my lady first went there to try to renew it, and get the residence registration accepted. They refused to accept either and referred her to Phuket City office. It would have been quite simple to explain to clients that the TM47 was now tied in to extensions, but that would've required qualities not possessed by these people.

At Phuket my lady was initially rejected for the extension as I hadn't accompanied her (my wheelchair doesn't negotiate their stairs) and I couldn't be photographed.

We both had to come back the next day, and an officer took my photo in the car park. The photo must be of the applicant!I

On the plus side the place was nearly deserted on Friday morning and the application was assessed quickly. Still had to go back later to collect the PP.

Nice detailed post, OC. thumbsup.gif

Here's the list of stuff I gave them:

TM7 form completed

Passport pages copied:

- picture page

- last entry stamp

- previous renewal stamp

- current renewal stamp

- arrival card back

- arrival card front

- 90-day notification receipt

- registration of address notification receipt

Bank letter stamped and signed

Bank statements for 3 months stamped and signed

ATM card front face

Bank book information page

I was in & out in 33 minutes having arrived at 8:20.

Another return visit in the pm to pick up passport - about 20 minutes waiting.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
. . .

At Phuket my lady was initially rejected for the extension as I hadn't accompanied her (my wheelchair doesn't negotiate their stairs) and I couldn't be photographed.

We both had to come back the next day, and an officer took my photo in the car park. The photo must be of the applicant!I

On the plus side the place was nearly deserted on Friday morning and the application was assessed quickly. Still had to go back later to collect the PP.

It's really unconscionable that they made you come back the next day to take a photo in the car park. Especially in light of the fact that photos are not taken in all cases.

TM7 form completed

Passport pages copied:

- picture page

- last entry stamp

- previous renewal stamp

- current renewal stamp

- arrival card back

- arrival card front

ATM card front face

Just curious. Is there anything written on the back of your arrival/departure card (T.M. 6)? I often wonder why they would want it as mine is blank.

TM7 form completed

Passport pages copied:

- picture page

- last entry stamp

- previous renewal stamp

- current renewal stamp

- arrival card back

- arrival card front

ATM card front face

Just curious. Is there anything written on the back of your arrival/departure card (T.M. 6)? I often wonder why they would want it as mine is blank.

I guess it depends on what you call the back and what you call the front. biggrin.png

My card is very old. The TM number is on (what I call) the front, and the other side has a pale (now, very pale) "Admitted Until" stamp on it:

Front: Back:

post-35489-0-82019300-1430903231_thumb.j post-35489-0-05512200-1430903781_thumb.j

But... thinking about it a bit more... I think that is the wrong way round! facepalm.gif

The side with the title and stamp should almost certainly be considered as the front, and the side with the TM number as the back. Ah well, you live and learn. smile.png

Exactly. Just checked my departure card - nothing at all on the back - blank. As far as I remember that's always been the case ver many many years.

I did my 1st retirement extension today no problems phuket town, 45 mins then back at 2.30pm picked up my passport and added reentry permit, the info in this topic meant I had everything I needed thanks

I did my 1st retirement extension today no problems phuket town, 45 mins then back at 2.30pm picked up my passport and added reentry permit, the info in this topic meant I had everything I needed thanks

clap2.gif

That's why we're here. smile.png

TM7 form completed

Passport pages copied:

- picture page

- last entry stamp

- previous renewal stamp

- current renewal stamp

- arrival card back

- arrival card front

ATM card front face

I guess it depends on what you call the back and what you call the front. biggrin.png

My card is very old. The TM number is on (what I call) the front, and the other side has a pale (now, very pale) "Admitted Until" stamp on it:

Front: Back:

attachicon.gifTM Card small.JPG attachicon.gifTM stamp.jpg

But... thinking about it a bit more... I think that is the wrong way round! facepalm.gif

The side with the title and stamp should almost certainly be considered as the front, and the side with the TM number as the back. Ah well, you live and learn. smile.png

wow;haven't seen one of those in years and years

Dont u ever leave? LOL

• 3 weeks later...

This 36 year old Address Registration form is very confusing! JetsetBkk and Phuketrichard have posted conflicting information as to who fills out section 1 & 2... and both appear to have had their paperwork accepted!

Can someone who actually KNOWS, let me know:

A. Who fills out section 1

B. Who fills out section 2

C. Who signs?

This 36 year old Address Registration form is very confusing! JetsetBkk and Phuketrichard have posted conflicting information as to who fills out section 1 & 2... and both appear to have had their paperwork accepted!

Can someone who actually KNOWS, let me know:

A. Who fills out section 1

B. Who fills out section 2

C. Who signs?

I completed two forms filled out for either eventuality.

They accepted the one with both sections completed by the home owner.

That's how it reads to me - and the title of the form IS titled 'Registration for the owner of residence'. However, why do both sections ask for a telephone/fax number and email address. That makes it look like both parties have to complete it. Arrrrrrgh!

That's how it reads to me - and the title of the form IS titled 'Registration for the owner of residence'. However, why do both sections ask for a telephone/fax number and email address. That makes it look like both parties have to complete it. Arrrrrrgh!

I agree. Both parts were completed by my landlord. Part 1 is about the residence and part 2 is about him.

Nothing in it about me.

But if you ARE the owner of the residence... then that's different. biggrin.png

Do you need a rental agreement? I live in the family house which is in the GF's name. Don't pay any rent.

I went into immigration yesterday (fairly busy for the time of year) to check exactly what's needed this time round and pick up the relevant forms. In the past I have just taken my bank book along with copies of the previous three month's transactions. This has now changed and you need a proper bank statement as well as the letter plus a copy of the front page of the bank book if you are getting an extension of stay using the money in the bank method. According to the volunteer a copy of the book signed and stamped by the bank is also acceptable but I won't risk that!

The official docket on recycled paper that I got yesterday also states you need a copy of the front of an ATM card. Now that's another new one.

Do you need a rental agreement? I live in the family house which is in the GF's name. Don't pay any rent.

I went into immigration yesterday (fairly busy for the time of year) to check exactly what's needed this time round and pick up the relevant forms. In the past I have just taken my bank book along with copies of the previous three month's transactions. This has now changed and you need a proper bank statement as well as the letter plus a copy of the front page of the bank book if you are getting an extension of stay using the money in the bank method. According to the volunteer a copy of the book signed and stamped by the bank is also acceptable but I won't risk that!

The official docket on recycled paper that I got yesterday also states you need a copy of the front of an ATM card. Now that's another new one.

Your GF needs to complete the 'Registration Form For Owner of Residence', and supply copies of her Tabien Baan and I.D card. Not sure about a rental agreement, but it wouldn't be difficult to buy a standard rental agreement form Tesco/Lotus and have her fill it out.

<snip>

I actually took a copy of the rental agreement with me, but didn't hand it over with all the other papers as I know my landlord doesn't want them to know how much I pay him each month - tax evasion? whistling.gif

Immigration didn't ask for it, so I didn't give it. smile.png

Folks, great current info in this Phuket thread. Thank you.

I am getting ready for my next (6th time) "Extension based on Retirement" i.e. O-A, (in June) using the 800k in bank for 3 months process.

I do have a few specific questions.

1. I did the new "Registration for the Owner of Residence" when it was introduced.i.e. I did it about 5 months ago without any issues. The relevant paper is stapled in my passport. Since then, I have not left the country, nor changed residence.

My Q is...Do I have to re-do the "Registration for the Owner of Residence" at the time I apply for my 1 year extension?

2. The 3 Months Bank Statement - I always use a Savings account simply to show the 800k. I never use this account for anything else, other than flipping the funds from Savings ac to Fixed Deposit back to Savings ac for the Renewal Process. So the 3 Month Bank statement will show one deposit (transferred from a Fixed Deposit account) e.g. on March 5th. It will have no transactions since that date.

Q....Does anyone think this could be an issue?

3. Can some one please post a pic of a 3 month Bank Statement related to a Savings ac?

Thanks to all.

1. I did the new "Registration for the Owner of Residence" when it was introduced.i.e. I did it about 5 months ago without any issues. The relevant paper is stapled in my passport. Since then, I have not left the country, nor changed residence.

My Q is...Do I have to re-do the "Registration for the Owner of Residence" at the time I apply for my 1 year extension?

Technically no if you never left Thailand or stayed in a Thai hotel elsewhere. Yes, best you have a very recent registration form a few days before you apply for your next extension. Although if your landlord has recently registered you online with Immigration. It's still quite a confusing requirement Just last week one of our tenants applied for his next retirement extension, he called me while he was at Immigration asking if we had registered him online. I confirmed that, and we never heard back so I assume Immigration found his registration in their database.

If it's for the same address why would you need to submit another form stating you still live at the same address?

If you change address then you would need to submit another form, why do people make things so complicated!!

If it's for the same address why would you need to submit another form stating you still live at the same address?

If you change address then you would need to submit another form, why do people make things so complicated!!

quite correct. why they make things so complicated. For example I was up in Bangkok last week,the hotel should have registered me at their hotel, so when I returned back home I had to re-register myself at out Phuket residence. It's all a pain.

I got my first extension about a month ago. Two weeks prior to that, the missus registered me at immigration.

They told her she would never have to do it again as long as we were at the same address.

The bit of paper that was stapled into my passport was the proof of address when I got the one year extension.

I did not need to get a Certificate of Residence.

Archived