extension of stay renewal for non-imm o requirements

wazzadg44

Having read conflicting posts on the above topic,I would like to know what EXACTLY are the requirements for renewing my above at Phuket Immigration.I have lived in Phuket for 5 years and have had no problems with renewal as yet but there now seems to be extra forms to be filled in.Previously I had copies of passport,previous extensions,re-entry,outgoing and incoming stamps and TM6.With my copies of bank book,ATM card and letter from bank re balance,I had all I needed for renewal.

Obvioulsy this has changed somewhat and I would like to be pro-active in preparing my application for my renewal which is due in June.

I would appreciate any and all ACCURATE information on the above

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Extension of Stay based on what?

Exactly, on what basis are you applying for an extension. Assume you mean a one year extenion.

Just for you information immigration require proof that you have been registered by your house master. Form to be completed by your land lord.

Sorry-my extension of stay is based on retirement and is valid for one year.I have never had to present any type of registration re address.

Thanks for replies so far.

Well you will now since about the last 2 or 3 months. Immigration are really really making this registration an issue. You have to prove your house master has registered you. I know I am registered (I do it myself on the online system) yet I still get question and I have to push the officers to check their computer. All my long stay guests are registered in the system, yet they still have to come back and get the form filled in by my wife. Really stupid duplication, but I guess many owners don't bother to register their guests.

When I was at Phuket immigration last week, I noticed a new sign upstairs where the volunteer(s) sit. IIRC, it basically said that if using money in the bank for Non-O extension financial requirements, you now need a copy of "bank statements" along with the bank letter and a copy of only the first page of the bank book. Previously, a copy of each page of the bank book, and the bank letter were required, but no statements.

Hopefully, the bank will provide "bank statements" (they didn't say how far back, but I'm assuming 3 months) for those of us that don't receive statements via post. Not sure if printing out a "statement" from the bank's website will be acceptable.

Has anyone had to provide bank statements for an extension recently? Hopefully, the bank will know what's now required before I apply for my extension in a couple of weeks.

^

I'm going to question the volunteers about what they mean by "statements".

They must know that a lot of - if not most - people don't get them, and what's wrong with copies of the bank book?

I got one once, but can't remember why, and I'm sure I had to pay for it.

^

They must know that a lot of - if not most - people don't get them, and what's wrong with copies of the bank book?

This is a new requirement from Phuket Immigration. (introduced a few weeks ago )

Now you need two papers from the bank.

The normal bank letter stating your bank account and balance (same as before)

And a new bank statement printed, signed and stamped by the bank showing your transactions from the last 3 months. (confirming the balance for the required period)

And a copy of the name page of the bank book.

Both bank letters maximum 7 days old.

Why they changed it from the bankbook to the "official" bank statement nobody really knows. tit.

^

This is a new requirement from Phuket Immigration. (introduced a few weeks ago )

Now you need two papers from the bank.

The normal bank letter stating your bank account and balance (same as before)

And a new bank statement printed, signed and stamped by the bank showing your transactions from the last 3 months. (confirming the balance for the required period)

And a copy of the name page of the bank book.

Both bank letters maximum 7 days old.

Why they changed it from the bankbook to the "official" bank statement nobody really knows. tit.

Thanks for confirmation.

Dammit.

Here's the info sheet being handed out by the volunteers the spells out the documentation required for extension renewals:

post-35489-0-00866200-1426181869_thumb.j

The daft things is, he said quite clearly that 3 months of Bank Statements are required if you are showing 800,000 in the bank, and yet this handout doesn't say that.

Also, my mate got a new 90 day date and form stapled in his passport after he went for an extension. So the bit at the end of this form isn't quite right either.

I think I'll go and pester the volunteers again.

PS. It was very crowded today upstairs at 2:30.

PPS. What's this "Copy face side of ATM card" ? Jesus Wept. I think I'll tell him that I don't have one - I just go to the bank and withdraw money. That's exactly what my mate does.

The form issued by the volunteers makes NO mention of bank statement copies so transactions can be shown over 2/3 months.Is a statement required or not?

That's exactly what I said under the picture of the "info sheet" in my post above, post #11.

The "info sheet" is dated February 2015, so is likely to be out of date. Both "DrDave" and "merijn" have said they were told by an Immigration Officer or Volunteer that you now need Bank Statements covering the last three months if you are showing 800,000 in the bank as proof of income.

That's what the Volunteer told me is the case if, and only if, you are showing 800,000 in the bank as proof of income.

I don't know what is the case if you are showing both a pension income and proportionally less than 800,000 in the bank. I would assume Bank Statements are required.

Next week I'll ask the Volunteer if they have plans to update the "info sheet" to reflect this new requirement.

Is the Registration form shown on this page a TM 30?If not,what does a TM 30 look like?

A TM30 can be downloaded here: http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/en/base.php?page=download

The TM30 appears to be the means of notifying Immigration of any alien residing in the owner's residence.

The "Registration Form" on this page appears to be the means of notifying Immigration of the type and address of the residence, who owns it and their personal information. There doesn't appear to be any information about the actual alien residing there.

The fact that you hand them the form and that it is signed by the owner - or "Registrar" - is all they appear to require.

This has been covered in another thread, but the TM-30 form (registration of alien staying at owner's dwelling) is NOT accepted by Phuket immigration.

They have their own form (posted by JetsetBKK above) that must be used. The immigration officer simply enters the info from this form into their system, and prints out a completed form and receipt. The immigration volunteers will most likely NOT give you a queue number unless you have completed the Phuket-specific form, which is available only onsite (although another poster was successful in getting a queue number after "promising" to fill in the correct form, and then handed the immigration officer the TM-30 with no problems).

DrDave-this is the reason I asked for ACCURATE information.Some posts say TM30 is ok and now you say it isn't.PLEASE-what is the Correct form?I don,t want to go to immigration from Patong and find I have not got the correct paper work and have to go again.

Surely it's not rocket science-either some form is the right one or not!!!!

DrDave-this is the reason I asked for ACCURATE information.Some posts say TM30 is ok and now you say it isn't.PLEASE-what is the Correct form?I don,t want to go to immigration from Patong and find I have not got the correct paper work and have to go again.

Surely it's not rocket science-either some form is the right one or not!!!!

On March 2, I arrived at Phuket immigration with a completed TM30 form. The volunteer would not give me a queue ticket until I transcribed the information from the TM30 to their "special" form, of which they had numerous, nearly illegible copies available.

The worst that can happen is that you would have to simply fill out the Phuket-specific form onsite if they tell you they won't accept the TM30. Not a big deal.

part 1 owner ( along with copy id card an cpy tam bien baan both signed)

part 2 renter

signed by owner

I presume you are referring to the new "Registration Form for Owner of Residence".

If so, you are wrong.

Part 1 is information about the residence

Part 2 is information about the Registrar, who is normally the owner or attorney assigned by the owner or someone who "got permission from the owner".

There is nothing on this new form about the "renter".

Here is a "cleaned up" copy of the new "Registration Form for Owner of Residence":

The red bits cover what my landlord wrote:

post-35489-0-98329500-1426337883_thumb.j

Also attached to this form are photocopies of the landlord's ID card and his tabien baan (i.e. where he lives, not my residence).

I'll be presenting this lot some time next month with all the bank documents etc.

part 1 owner ( along with copy id card an cpy tam bien baan both signed)

part 2 renter

signed by owner

I presume you are referring to the new "Registration Form for Owner of Residence".

If so, you are wrong.

Part 1 is information about the residence

Part 2 is information about the Registrar, who is normally the owner or attorney assigned by the owner or someone who "got permission from the owner".

There is nothing on this new form about the "renter".

As to NEW regulations

IT states letter from Embassy 1 month

I thought that was extended to 6 months??

Ok folks-enuf is enuf.I thought when originally posting this question I thought I would clear the waters about EXACTLY what was required.Instead I have enough print-outs to cover a wall of my residence and the waters are now muddy.

So tks to every one who posted and for the effort but I think a trip to Immigration for the forms needed will save time and ink

Archived