extension of stay renewal for non-imm o requirements

wazzadg44

If this helps I have just done mine today.

Needed was

The form to fill in for extension of stay (tm 7 I think)

Passport sized photo.

Proof of pension/income from UK Embassy (it says in immigration the letter can be up to 1 month in advance of application) This can be done by post EMS. 2,240 THB if I remember correctly. Takes about a week.

If you go through the money in the bank route then you need a 3 month statement from the bank stamped by them (100THB) limit 1 week in advance.

Do not make the mistake I made of believing the bank and getting a letter from them, Immigration want a 3 month statement stamped. Banks are not aware of this yet as no one bothered to tell them.

Front page only photocopy of your bank book.

Front side only copy of ATM card.

The usual pages photocopied from your passport.

Notification of residence copy.

Departure card copy.

I just photocopy everything and let them decide what they want.

They were very hot on the notification of residence (you get that downstairs, do it before you apply) and the bank statement.

When you have all that go upstairs (before 8.30am is better) you then go to an Immigration volunteer who is on the right as you enter, ignore those who try to push in. The volunteer will check all is in order and then you are given a ticket number.

When your number is called you go to the Thai official next to the volunteer and he checks it all, then you go the next official who ok's everything and takes the money.

You then go another person who takes your photograph again and you are told to come back, in my case at 3.30 pm. to collect your passport.

Was painless and I wasn't asked for tea money.

I was amazed at the amount of people that just turned up with only their passport !

Hope that helps.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Stuandjulie-just one more thing (I hope)-where do I get the notification of residence form? If Phuket Imm. it means a trip in to get it and then back to Patong for my landlady to fill out then back to Phuket to lodge it.Wonder does Patong Imm. have copies of this?Would make things a whole lot easier.Also,did you have copy of owners id card and copy of tarn bien baan as suggested in earlier posts?

Tks heaps-my no. is 087 265 4565 if that would help

• 1 month later...

Stuandjulie-just one more thing (I hope)-where do I get the notification of residence form? If Phuket Imm. it means a trip in to get it and then back to Patong for my landlady to fill out then back to Phuket to lodge it.Wonder does Patong Imm. have copies of this?Would make things a whole lot easier.Also,did you have copy of owners id card and copy of tarn bien baan as suggested in earlier posts?

Tks heaps-my no. is 087 265 4565 if that would help

You can download a copy of the "Registration Form for the Owner of Residence" from that nice Mr. UbonJoe who posted a PDF version of it here:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/806756-retirement-visa-new-residency-declaration-form/?p=9167091

Needed was

Passport sized photo.

Proof of pension/income from UK Embassy (it says in immigration the letter can be up to 1 month in advance of application) This can be done by post EMS. 2,240 THB if I remember correctly. Takes about a week.

If you go through the money in the bank route then you need a 3 month statement from the bank stamped by them (100THB) limit 1 week in advance.

Do not make the mistake I made of believing the bank and getting a letter from them, Immigration want a 3 month statement stamped. Banks are not aware of this yet as no one bothered to tell them.

Departure card copy.

They were very hot on the notification of residence (you get that downstairs, do it before you apply) and the bank statement.

When you have all that go upstairs (before 8.30am is better) you then go to an Immigration volunteer who is on the right as you enter, ignore those who try to push in. The volunteer will check all is in order and then you are given a ticket number.

When your number is called you go to the Thai official next to the volunteer and he checks it all, then you go the next official who ok's everything and takes the money.

You then go another person who takes your photograph again and you are told to come back, in my case at 3.30 pm. to collect your passport.

I was amazed at the amount of people that just turned up with only their passport !

Hope that helps.

Are you saying you need a certificate of residence in order to re-new a retirement visa?

Needed was

Passport sized photo.

Departure card copy.

Hope that helps.

Are you saying you need a certificate of residence in order to re-new a retirement visa?

You need the "Registration Form for the Owner of Residence" which you can get at Immigration or can download a copy from here:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/806756-retirement-visa-new-residency-declaration-form/?p=9167091

My landlord completed it for me.

Part 1 is information about the residence

Part 2 is information about the Registrar, who is normally the owner or attorney assigned by the owner or someone who "got permission from the owner".

I just let my landlord complete it.

It was accepted today at Phuket Town, downstairs office. Took about 10 minutes to get it done, after a 30 minute wait for my number to come up.

The end product was a slip in my passport that looks similar to the 90-day slip. This one is also titled "Receipt of Notification" but the important difference is the line that states: "Have Received Notification of Alien's Address From"... and then all the details.

I suggest you get this sorted first before you do the extension.

Surely it's not rocket science-either some form is the right one or not!!!!

I feel your frustration. But, from my experience there is there is not always ONE right and wrong here. It depends on the mood of who ever you happen to be dealing with. For instance.....

A friend and I went to Patong Imm. 2 weeks ago with the intention of getting Application Form for Residence Certificate in Thailand to renwew our driver's licenses. I also wanted to submit a Notification Form for House Master, Owner, or the Possessor of The Residence Where Aliens Have Stay (TM.30) on behalf of my land lord. It was the first time this has been done in the 4 years I have lived in this house. On our first try it was surprisingly busy, line out the door. A volunteer came outside to sort what people needed and told us that the boss man that had to do what we needed was not there and we had to go to town. Not wanting to go from Patong City to Phuket Town, my friend and I decided to try again the next day. We got there before they open the next day. When the volunteer came out to sort people out she said let me go see if the boss is here. She came back out and told us to come in and I went 1st. An hour later (that hour is a whole other story) I was sorted with the lower portion of the TM30 signed and stapled in my passport. It is the same receipt of notification as in post #25 not the "Phuket form" as in post #12. It can be so hit and miss here and often hard to cover all the bases.

Proof of income from embassy/consul (affidavit) is valid for 6 months.

Confirmed.

I went to US Embassy outreach today for proof of income and was told it was good for six months.

As long as the Thai Immigration conforms to what the US Embassy says they should be doing facepalm.gif

I feel your frustration. But, from my experience there is there is not always ONE right and wrong here. It depends on the mood of who ever you happen to be dealing with. For instance.....

A friend and I went to Patong Imm. 2 weeks ago with the intention of getting Application Form for Residence Certificate in Thailand to renwew our driver's licenses. I also wanted to submit a Notification Form for House Master, Owner, or the Possessor of The Residence Where Aliens Have Stay (TM.30) on behalf of my land lord. It was the first time this has been done in the 4 years I have lived in this house. On our first try it was surprisingly busy, line out the door. A volunteer came outside to sort what people needed and told us that the boss man that had to do what we needed was not there and we had to go to town. Not wanting to go from Patong City to Phuket Town, my friend and I decided to try again the next day. We got there before they open the next day. When the volunteer came out to sort people out she said let me go see if the boss is here. She came back out and told us to come in and I went 1st. An hour later (that hour is a whole other story) I was sorted with the lower portion of the TM30 signed and stapled in my passport. It is the same receipt of notification as in post #25 not the "Phuket form" as in post #12. It can be so hit and miss here and often hard to cover all the bases.

I think I see what is happening here. rolleyes.gif

Form TM30 titled "Notification From House-Master, Owner or The Possessor of the Residence Where Alien Has Stayed" has, at the bottom, a receipt section which is torn off and stapled in your passport.

The form with no number titled "Registration Form for the Owner of Residence" does not have a receipt section at the bottom, but Immigration give you the same receipt as at the bottom of the TM30.

(Actually, the TM30 receipt has a spelling mistake: ASSRESS instead of ADDRESS. My receipt has the correct spelling.)

Needed was

Passport sized photo.

Departure card copy.

Hope that helps.

You need the "Registration Form for the Owner of Residence" which you can get at Immigration or can download a copy from here:

My landlord completed it for me.

Part 1 is information about the residence

Part 2 is information about the Registrar, who is normally the owner or attorney assigned by the owner or someone who "got permission from the owner".

I just let my landlord complete it.

It was accepted today at Phuket Town, downstairs office. Took about 10 minutes to get it done, after a 30 minute wait for my number to come up.

The end product was a slip in my passport that looks similar to the 90-day slip. This one is also titled "Receipt of Notification" but the important difference is the line that states: "Have Received Notification of Alien's Address From"... and then all the details.

I suggest you get this sorted first before you do the extension.

If you have been doing 90 day reports that are scanned and accepted surely that says your address is registered, I have never submitted a residence form only a rental contract, my 90 day reports and every retirement visa application has been accepted my last one in October 2014, is it now necessary to submit this residence form?

If you have been doing 90 day reports that are scanned and accepted surely that says your address is registered, I have never submitted a residence form only a rental contract, my 90 day reports and every retirement visa application has been accepted my last one in October 2014, is it now necessary to submit this residence form?

I think youwill find that the procedure has changed since last year. This year all our guests have come back from Immigration with a form that my wife must sign as she is the House Master to prove that she has already registered the guest with Immigration.

I think youwill find that the procedure has changed since last year. This year all our guests have come back from Immigration with a form that my wife must sign as she is the House Master to prove that she has already registered with Immigration.

Okay, I will get a form and hand it in at my next 90 day report, what's wrong with this country? wouldn't it be easier for immigration to stick to a set procedure making it simple for everyone!

Okay, I will get a form and hand it in at my next 90 day report, what's wrong with this country? wouldn't it be easier for immigration to stick to a set procedure making it simple for everyone!

You can print the form from post #12 of this topic.

I have been dealing with Immigration and Labour Office for way more than a decade and each year the documentation required differs from the previous year. I do not expect that to change in the next decade ... if I live that long.

You can print the form from post #12 of this topic.

I have been dealing with Immigration and Labour Office for way more than a decade and each year the documentation required differs from the previous year. I do not expect that to change in the next decade ... if I live that long.

That copy (mine) of the "Registration Form for the Owner of Residence" is pretty bad. A PDF version by UbonJoe can be downloaded here:

...and is probably of a better quality than the multiply-photocopied versions handed out by the immigration volunteers. smile.png

I think I see what is happening here. rolleyes.gif

Form TM30 titled "Notification From House-Master, Owner or The Possessor of the Residence Where Alien Has Stayed" has, at the bottom, a receipt section which is torn off and stapled in your passport.

The form with no number titled "Registration Form for the Owner of Residence" does not have a receipt section at the bottom, but Immigration give you the same receipt as at the bottom of the TM30.

(Actually, the TM30 receipt has a spelling mistake: ASSRESS instead of ADDRESS. My receipt has the correct spelling.)

Too funny, I never noticed the spelling error. The one they stapled in my passport has the error.

That copy (mine) of the "Registration Form for the Owner of Residence" is pretty bad. A PDF version by UbonJoe can be downloaded here:

...and is probably of a better quality than the multiply-photocopied versions handed out by the immigration volunteers. smile.png

Ahh, but if you get one of the illegible photocopies handed out by the volunteers, you might just get lucky and pick up someone's confidential information on the reverse side, since they just recycle whatever documents they have laying around when making the copies. whistling.gif

Ahh, but if you get one of the illegible photocopies handed out by the volunteers, you might just get lucky and pick up someone's confidential information on the reverse side, since they just recycle whatever documents they have laying around when making the copies. whistling.gif

Yes - today I did my yearly extension and handed over 4 pages of bank statements. I wonder how many of them will end up on the back side of some immigration forms. mad.gif

<snip>

Also, my mate got a new 90 day date and form stapled in his passport after he went for an extension.

<snip>

I can confirm that you get a new 90-day slip when you do the yearly extension of stay.

Not without some drama I received my extension this week, along with an automatic 90 day report.

Registered the residence at the same time, so I now have 3 pieces of paper stapled in my passport. Must be a pain for those who travel frequently!

They insisted on taking another photo despite the fact that one is included as part of the application. Very difficult for people who can't negotiate the stairs to the office or are bedridden. I heard of one case were an application for a lady who is hospitalized was rejected until she fronted for a photo. I guess there are different rules for agent delivered applications.

You have to wonder about the purpose of the dossiers they are compiling on their law-abiding clients.

Not without some drama I received my extension this week, along with an automatic 90 day report.

Registered the residence at the same time, so I now have 3 pieces of paper stapled in my passport. Must be a pain for those who travel frequently!

They insisted on taking another photo despite the fact that one is included as part of the application. Very difficult for people who can't negotiate the stairs to the office or are bedridden. I heard of one case were an application for a lady who is hospitalized was rejected until she fronted for a photo. I guess there are different rules for agent delivered applications.

You have to wonder about the purpose of the dossiers they are compiling on their law-abiding clients.

Congrats on receiving your extension! Mine took 4 or 5 trips to Immigration before I finally got it. The 90 day report that they did was given to me when the extension was granted, after my 30 day "under consideration" period, and was back-dated to the date of my application for extension, which was a month before my 90 day report was due. Not a big deal, but my 90 day report is more like 50-some days.

Regarding the photo taken in the office - I think that's just to document who picked up the passport, since they take the photo just prior to handing over the passport with the extension. I think agents and those who deal directly with an officer skip the photo. I did.

I'm a little curious about your having 3 pieces of paper stapled in your passport. You have the house registration and the 90 day report. What's the 3rd one?

Congrats on receiving your extension! Mine took 4 or 5 trips to Immigration before I finally got it. The 90 day report that they did was given to me when the extension was granted, after my 30 day "under consideration" period, and was back-dated to the date of my application for extension, which was a month before my 90 day report was due. Not a big deal, but my 90 day report is more like 50-some days.

Regarding the photo taken in the office - I think that's just to document who picked up the passport, since they take the photo just prior to handing over the passport with the extension. I think agents and those who deal directly with an officer skip the photo. I did.

I'm a little curious about your having 3 pieces of paper stapled in your passport. You have the house registration and the 90 day report. What's the 3rd one?

Arrival/Departure card wink.png

(TM 6)

I had all paperwork (plus, plus plus) fully completed before making the application.

I had photocopies of all pages of my bank book, a letter about funds held, and a six month statement from my bank.

I photocopied all passport pages and the TM6.

I completed a TM30 and their special Phuket version of the same form. (In fact two of the latter because I was unsure who was supposed to complete part 2) I also had copies of the housebook and chanote with details of my usufruct.

As I had only received about 46 days when I last made the 90 day report in Patong, my lady first went there to try to renew it, and get the residence registration accepted. They refused to accept either and referred her to Phuket City office. It would have been quite simple to explain to clients that the TM47 was now tied in to extensions, but that would've required qualities not possessed by these people.

At Phuket my lady was initially rejected for the extension as I hadn't accompanied her (my wheelchair doesn't negotiate their stairs) and I couldn't be photographed.

We both had to come back the next day, and an officer took my photo in the car park. The photo must be of the applicant!I

On the plus side the place was nearly deserted on Friday morning and the application was assessed quickly. Still had to go back later to collect the PP.

Archived