'TOP GEAR' host Jeremy Clarkson suspended

webfact

I have only seen a couple of episodes of this programme, when I was in the UK staying with my son. I have to say that I found this guy pretty jarring - but that's probably age.

My amazement is the publicity this is generating. I watched SKY News and this was the main story, overshadowing all the other problems in the world. Mind you, they obviously have an interest in slamming the BBC.

Now though, we have the Prime Minister campaigning to bring back the show has his kids will be 'devastated' by it being axed. I'm not surprised he has put his two penneth in, given his relationship with the broadcasters is not at it's best regarding the TV debates.

To me, this is not about a programme at all, whether you like it or not, it's about the cult of personality as a previous poster pointed out. It's sort of similar to the Kevin Peiterson cricket issue - a hugely talented individual but 'bigger than the team' problem. (By the way, how we missed him in the world cup)

One poster said that the Beeb should give JC a final warning and get on with things. My understanding is that he was already on a final warning.

"He was a mindless activist, a war lover, who found macho relish in danger and felt driven to prove manhood by confrontation" (Arthur M. Schlesinger, Jr.)

I would add, racism to that, which sums up, J.C .

He is a Has Been, too old for the game and too long been tolerated for his antics.

Good riddance.

"He was a mindless activist, a war lover, who found macho relish in danger and felt driven to prove manhood by confrontation" (Arthur M. Schlesinger, Jr.)

I would add, racism to that, which sums up, J.C .

He is a Has Been, too old for the game and too long been tolerated for his antics.

Good riddance.

War lover? Well he admires his FIL who was a VC recipient.

Just like Marmite (or caviar for that matter) it's a love or hate issue.

In these days of bland grey TV that's valuable.

Of course he's politically incorrect and he plays that up to the max!

Be interesting to find out why someone with that fame and wealth could not get a decent meal at a top hotel. Isn't that what assistant producers are for?

Reinstate Clarkson petition hits half a million.

According to reports i have read Clarkson turned up 2 hours late after going on the p--s in a local pub, and after being told by the assistant producer, ( who is probably being paid peanuts), that he couldn't have a steak cooked and all that was now available was a cold platter, launched into one of his, "Do you know who i am?" tirades and assaulted said AP. Which would have warranted instant dismissal for 99.9 % of 'normal' people. He is an obnoxious knob, with a vastly overrated sense of entitlement.

Any links to these 'reports'? Edited by H1w4yR1da

According to reports i have read Clarkson turned up 2 hours late after going on the p--s in a local pub, and after being told by the assistant producer, ( who is probably being paid peanuts), that he couldn't have a steak cooked and all that was now available was a cold platter, launched into one of his, "Do you know who i am?" tirades and assaulted said AP. Which would have warranted instant dismissal for 99.9 % of 'normal' people. He is an obnoxious knob, with a vastly overrated sense of entitlement.

Any links to these 'reports'?

A brief search leads to a forum where a 'witness" says they all turned up late and pissed. The chefs had gone, they were offered a cold platter, 2 said ok 1 said no. Clarkson tried to sack him. There was no fight

He is an obnoxious knob, with a vastly overrated sense of entitlement.

A bit like large numbers of farangs living in Thailand you mean ? rolleyes.gif

Sorry, you have completely lost me there. I thought this was a story on World News Forum about Jeremy Clarkson. In England. Are you trying to be witty? Or 'Edgy'? If so it is a bit of a fail. But i'm sure you will soon be getting the obligatory 'likes' from the rest of your little gang.rolleyes.gif

• Like 1

A brief search leads to a forum where a 'witness" says they all turned up late and pissed. The chefs had gone, they were offered a cold platter, 2 said ok 1 said no. Clarkson tried to sack him. There was no fight

The Telegraph quotes witnesses as saying that a table had been booked for their meal at 8 pm, they turned up worse for wear at 10pm, chef had gone home, young AP had to break the news that he couldn't have a steak cooked. but there was a cold platter available which included, soup, cold meats, cheese etc. Clarkson said, "so no food then". Others were thinking," well surely that's food"! He then launched into his tirade, which included totally humiliating the young AP, calling him by the F word, C word etc etc. Conflicting reports regarding whether a punch was thrown, but certainly a scuffle with people holding Clarkson back. In the end a 'minion' was dispatched to the kitchen to cook the poor entitled dear his steak. As i said before, he is an obnoxious knob, and clearly a bully to boot.

• Like 2

There are kings in this world, and there are peasants. Clearly this is a peasant that needs a good beating. Just like your boss controlled your one existence, this weak producer/peasant should be spending 20 hours a day for his king.

you want to work? you want money to support your family? you must bow to the gods!!!!!!

never let the sheep use their brain......never!!!!!

Sorry, you have completely lost me there. I thought this was a story on World News Forum about Jeremy Clarkson. In England. Are you trying to be witty? Or 'Edgy'? If so it is a bit of a fail. But i'm sure you will soon be getting the obligatory 'likes' from the rest of your little gang.rolleyes.gif

my case rests your honour...rolleyes.gif

When you say "2 hours late and going on the piss"....do you mean they could not find an appropriate restroom, wherapon allieviating on themselves?

urine and getting drunk.....i will not think of where this practice began. you people are savages!!! In America, we are civilized!!!!

When you say "2 hours late and going on the piss"....do you mean they could not find an appropriate restroom, wherapon allieviating on themselves?

urine and getting drunk.....i will not think of where this practice began. you people are savages!!! In America, we are civilized!!!!

Pissed as in inebriated, not pissed as in I'm gonna shoot someone. Savvy?

Ha, you people don't even eat faggots. blink.pngblink.pngblink.png

• Like 1

my case rests your honour...rolleyes.gif

Aw, don't be so hard on yourself.

Top Gear is on it's last legs either way really. It's become a dull, predictable shadow of what it once was. I don't think their hearts are really in it any more.

No excuse for acting like a spoilt child though.

Agreed. It's a dull smug fest and as predictable as the A-Team in the eighties. Can't abide Clarkson.

• Like 1

It Might be a publicity stunt to prop up Jeremy's irreverent image.

Top Gear would be very different without him.

I doubt that, the BBC have announced that they will not be showing the next two episodes of this series and the third and final show may also be cancelled.

For Auntie Beeb to cancel a top rating show is quite a big thing.

They now have to find something at very short notice that will fill the spot and not lose them too much of the ratings pie.

Soon there will be apologies all around, hugs and kisses and the show will continue,

as the show MUST go on.... TG is too a hot potato to drop it to be picked up by a rival

stations....

Proves that the 'good' people also resort to the lowest standard to fill their pockets.

Maybe when the 'good' these things its not bad?