Thailand hosts VIV Asia 2015 in hope of being the world's meat export center

webfact

Thailand hosts VIV Asia 2015 in hope of being the world's meat export center

BANGKOK, 12 March 2015 (NNT) - VIV Asia 2015, the biggest Asia-Pacific exhibition for animal husbandry & processing, was officially opened on Wed at the Bangkok International Trade & Exhibition Centre (BITEC), Thailand. and will end on Friday 13 Mar.

Agriculture and Cooperatives Minister Pitipong Phuengbun Na Ayutthaya said after presiding over the opening ceremony that VIV Asia 2015 is a manifestation of Thailand’s potentials to be the world’s center of meat export.

VIV Asia is the leading trade exhibition for professionals in animal production and processing of meat, egg products and milk with healthy growth ambitions. With 874 international exhibitors from 59 countries, VIV Asia offers advanced technology and innovation in the industry.

55% of the exhibition site is for animal health products, 30% for animal nutrition, and 15% for technology, animal breeding and processing. There are various seminars to attend such as those on the Development and Future of the Asian Pork Market and Food Safety Strategy.

Around twenty thousands visitors from 120 countries worldwide are expected to visit the 3-day exhibition which will generate an income of over 2,200 million baht.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2015-03-12 footer_n.gif

I surly do hope, Thailand shows off the best beef (Choke Chi) available, and not those scroungy bulls showing every rib in its splendor. I have never seen such

skinny scroungy specimens of tenderloin on the hoof in my life........like that commercial many years ago by "Burger King"......"Where's the Beef?"

• Like 1

Thai beef chewed lasts longer than chewing gum. My g/f likes beef ,but it takes hours to cook and still not tender. My mouth waters for UK beef,such a choice. What about a T bone steak? smile.png now that is something to chew onclap2.gifwub.pngw00t.gif

Daniel Ingalls - I always tell my students to check everything twice before even putting a pen or pencil to paper. You should do the same because your comment "that commercial many years ago by "Burger King"......"Where's the Beef?" should read Wendy's and it was first used in 1984.

• Like 1

1. Be sure it's the right breed, and a steer. A milk cow, grind into hamburger. Castrate it when about 3 months old.

2. At one year old begin to add grain, especially corn to its feed so it's meat will be at least somewhat marbled for flavor and tenderness. Butcher at 15 months.

3. Kill it when it is calm and not expecting it to avoid adrenaline in the meat.

4. Immediately clean and skin.

5. Hang in a refrigerated room for 3 or 4 days until rigor mortis passes. Preferably leave it there for 21 days so that natural enzymes can break down connective tissues and tenderize it.

6. Butcher and serve, or butcher, wrap and freeze. Frozen meat is as good as fresh. Some might not think so but it's because the frozen was inferior when frozen, or it wasn't handled properly.

Now, some of you rural guys get busy, LOL.

Edited by NeverSure

Daniel Ingalls - I always tell my students to check everything twice before even putting a pen or pencil to paper. You should do the same because your comment "that commercial many years ago by "Burger King"......"Where's the Beef?" should read Wendy's and it was first used in 1984.

I stand corrected, on that my friend.....Wendy's is the correct franchise.....Thanks!

1. Be sure it's the right breed, and a steer. A milk cow, grind into hamburger. Castrate it when about 3 months old.

2. At one year old begin to add grain, especially corn to its feed so it's meat will be at least somewhat marbled for flavor and tenderness. Butcher at 15 months.

3. Kill it when it is calm and not expecting it to avoid adrenaline in the meat.

4. Immediately clean and skin.

5. Hang in a refrigerated room for 3 or 4 days until rigor mortis passes. Preferably leave it there for 21 days so that natural enzymes can break down connective tissues and tenderize it.

6. Butcher and serve, or butcher, wrap and freeze. Frozen meat is as good as fresh. Some might not think so but it's because the frozen was inferior when frozen, or it wasn't handled properly.

Now, some of you rural guys get busy, LOL.

i also might add, by freezing the meat, individual cells tend to break down, when thawed it making the meat more tender.

World's hub of meat export. The sheer arrogance. Better talk to Australia, Canada, Argentina and the USA about that.

Judas priest.

+1

Definitely arrogant and no way it will happen. I mean, where are they going to raise all the cows, inside Farm Chokchai? I've got news for you Thailand, to become the world's "slaughterhouse" so to speak, you'll need land. Plenty of land. A small densely populated country like Thailand, with it's never ending infrastructure and lack of zoning so you feel like there is a continuous city all the way from Bangkok to Chainat, not to mention that any non-residential or non-commercial land is usually rice paddy or occasionally rubber and palm plantations and anything resembling "nature" is part of a national park, doesn't leave much room for raising cattle or other livestock for commercial purposes.

There are farms in Australia bigger than entire countries! One of them is owned by the Sultan of Brunei I believe, it's located in the northern Territory and it dwarves the size of his whole country! In fact, it's about as big as the entire northern part of northern Thailand!

And who wants to eat chewy, stringy disgusting hormone infused Thai beef anyway? Ewwwww....

Even Burger King Thailand have got their act together and only serve 100% Australian beef on their burgers. And they're not the only ones.

Funny, was able to give up meat entirely to become a vegetarian while living in Thailand. A Buddhist nation with aspirations to sell meat on the global market. The country never stops amazing me.

Thailand won't ever become the hub of anything. Except maybe the hub of traffic accidents. They can't even enforce their own traffic laws, yet they want the world to take them seriously?! Fat chance of that happening.