Lenovo (T550)

AngThong

Do Lenovo limit available models by country or can you order any model from them? Lenovo Thailand only have older T430 models on their site, whereas I am interested in the new T550 (or possibly T450s). I've e-mailed them but they seem to take their time... Does anyone know?

If the T550/T450s are not available in Thailand, what's my next step - Singapore? Malaysia?

You may have better luck going to the shops and seeing what they have. I like Pranthip (if you're in Bangkok) but when it comes to buying a laptop I head to Fortune. Never been to Rangsit, too damn far out of town. Also, just about every sizable town has an IT mall, some bigger and more varied than others, and the people you deal with may be nicer.

In Malaysia the prices will be roughly the same, one difference would be you wouldn't have Thai characters on your keyboard.

If you're using this as an excuse to do a little traveling ( smile.png ) consider a cheap Air Asia ticket to Macau or Hong Kong. A good way to dodge Songkran.

Edited by bendejo
  • Like 2

Not uncommon for Thai web sites for manufacturers to be way behind the times on models they carry....and usually they only list models they specifically make for a certain country. But the manufacturer has no to little control over what models made for another country are imported to be sold on the local market. Best to look for the model you want at local stores, online stores, etc. I remember when I first bought my Lenovo Z510 laptop in Nov 13 at BananaIT it was not listed on the Thai Lenovo website (haven't checked recently to see if it is now)....I got all my info and drivers from the Lenovo USA website (and still do).

• Like 1

You may have better luck going to the shops and seeing what they have. I like Pranthip (if you're in Bangkok) but when it comes to buying a laptop I head to Fortune. Never been to Rangsit, too damn far out of town. Also, just about every sizable town has an IT mall, some bigger and more varied than others, and the people you deal with may be nicer.

In Malaysia the prices will be roughly the same, one difference would be you wouldn't have Thai characters on your keyboard.

If you're using this as an excuse to do a little traveling ( smile.png ) consider a cheap Air Asia ticket to Macau or Hong Kong. A good way to dodge Songkran.

+ 1.-laugh.png

• Like 1