Prayut says US disallows him to travel to the states

Lite Beer

Wow they let in terrorists but not the Thai PM? the guy must have really rubbed people up the wrong way.......poor puppet.

The terrorists wouldn't try to do a coup while they're there. whistling.gif

Edited by rijb

Meanwhile an international relations academic Dr Panitarn Watanayakorn elaborated the word “US disallows” stated by the prime minister saying it was merely to express that the US does not extend invitation him to visit .

so, .... another non-story.

I find this very interesting. The PM of Thailand has been disallowed from going to the USA, while it allows an convicted criminal on the run from the law to go. The American law, as I understand it will not allow a visa to anyone that has been convicted in a court of law. It still allowed Thakisin Shinitawatra to travel to the US after he was convicted by the court for corruption, while his Brother-in-Law, was PM.

He was not disallowed entry to US. Bad translation.

He can go any time he wishes.

Prayut was not invited, big difference.

The US would better focus on the "betrayal" by their so-called closest allies who want to join a Chinese sponsored Development Bank.

This is a much more important matter than an invitation to a Thai P.M. who is indeed not elected but is cleaning up his country from corruption.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/mar/13/support-china-led-development-bank-grows-despite-us-opposition-australia-uk-new-zealand-asia

Next step : refusal to invite the British PM ?

Edited by fvw53

More cheese with that whine?

He can whine as much as he likes.

The only thing I'm worried about if he starts disliking certain nationalities.

Then many people here will be in trouble.

Hope we never come to that.......but you never know....................

"Certain nationalities" on tv venue already do not like the PM nor understand the huge job he has keeping Thailand from civil war. That is a fact.

I am embarrassed for the foreigners here so flippantly deriding the PM for imagined faults resulting from foreigners' kneejerk opinions.

I would ask those foreigners typing here the Joe Welch question, "Have you no sense of decency, sir? At long last, have you left no sense of decency?" I add, "Have you no shame; at long last, have you no shame?"

• Like 2

It is a delicate issue. Not something that will be fully addressed VIA public media. The power brokers / ruling class speak privately. Nothing is going to foul up between the USA / Australia / Thailand . Not today, tomorrow or in any of our life times.

cant go to Aussie either can he ?....for the same reason

He's seems to be speaking for the Americans again. His assumption just because Obama ain't invited him. The billionaire Wall St. connected Thaksin, a convicted criminal fugitive with 15 outstanding criminal court cases got a visa ok on a private visit, unusual for America. And the former PM Ms. Yingluck was always dropping hints about a "White House invitation" that never came.

Who America invites, allows in and doesn't invite or prohibits is there business. Hypocrisy is up the them.

As for Aussie - why would he want to visit a piss pot country with an idiot PM?

Because he can see first hand people that buy alcohol between 2pm and 5pm don't commit mayhem.laugh.png

I find this very interesting. The PM of Thailand has been disallowed from going to the USA, while it allows an convicted criminal on the run from the law to go. The American law, as I understand it will not allow a visa to anyone that has been convicted in a court of law. It still allowed Thakisin Shinitawatra to travel to the US after he was convicted by the court for corruption, while his Brother-in-Law, was PM.

I believe the US realized that the conviction was politically motivated. The courts have delivered multiple coups in the past decade.

Do you remember when Samak got thrown out for hosting a cooking show? Those Thai courts are a hoot.

The current PM is a criminal and should be rightly barred from U.S. travel.

TR...he didn't die on the streets of USA.. He died in his private driveway in LA ...get your facts straight...and does your asute memory recall who killed him?

What about this at a stab at deducting reasoning..the Luuk khurn Phuket girls who died in the sink hole b/c the local public works dept demonstrated complete negligence and total lack of accountability...

Thai roads are a pubic safety hazed and one has a much higher degree of injury and death than in their home country...

Maybe a better example of deductive reasoning...

• Like 1

"In particular the United States which had enjoyed relationships with Thailand for over 200 years, he said."

I don't think USA enjoyed World War II all that much, when Thailand decided to roll over and ally with Japan, declared war on USA but typically forgot to deliver the mail. I know majority of those dying on building railroad were Asians, Dutch, Aussies... but some yanks too. Our smart bomb took that bridge out, btw. Had to film Bridge on etc in Sri Lanka. Maybe still a bit sensitive over that "misunderstanding"....

• Like 1

Ok who cares what the US thinks/says

US are Hypocrites

Elections don't make a democracy

Look at the US

Senate/Congress/Elections

The person with the biggest bank a/c Wins

Hillary debt $60m paid off by donations

US Debt $18.2 Trillion

Bankruptcy?

UK just joined China World Bank Group

The US is getting left out

Thailand/China/Japan/Lao etc Train Links set, contracts signed.

Prayut has done more in his time than previous politician did.

When politicians prove they can be trusted & wish to move this country forward without lining their own pockets eg. rice scheme, then Thais can have elections.

The US does not rule the world esp. that hrw group paid by US billionares.

But I can see Prayut will PM longtime because the Red's & Anti-coup just don't get it. The more they talk/cause trouble the longer he'll stay.

Coup was for many,many reasons not just YL TS mob or prevent civil war...

Election..no time soon

Ex-senators have not been sentenced yet

Courts busy for at least another year.

LLTK

• Like 2

Sadly the cops had to call for backup from the military because a women would not close her bar, this is how pathetic the police are. They need Marshal Law to back there candy asses up. They hide in there traffic shacks while the military cleans up the beaches. How sad is this.

If they hold an election then the military can no longer be of help. Maybe they need to form a National Guard real quick.

• Like 1

Why do you even want to go?

I remember the poor soul who survived through the killing fields of the Khmer Rogue died on the streets of USA.

Streets of the USA. Oh come on, don't be stupid. Try living there first before making stupid sweeping statements. Thousands of South Americans stream over the US border to ESCAPE crime. Oh--here's one: your Commonwealth empire is long dead and buried.

• Like 1

Well, it's a temporary thing. Not like that Democrat government minister who was barred for being involved in the drug trade. Gen. Prayut will be able to get a visa (if he wants one) after elections have been held.

cant go to Aussie either can he ?....for the same reason

He's seems to be speaking for the Americans again. His assumption just because Obama ain't invited him. The billionaire Wall St. connected Thaksin, a convicted criminal fugitive with 15 outstanding criminal court cases got a visa ok on a private visit, unusual for America. And the former PM Ms. Yingluck was always dropping hints about a "White House invitation" that never came.

Who America invites, allows in and doesn't invite or prohibits is there business. Hypocrisy is up the them.

As for Aussie - why would he want to visit a piss pot country with an idiot PM?

................."As for Aussie - why would he want to visit a piss pot country with an idiot PM?".........................

Good question BB, but maybe you should be asking the almost 7 million people a year who do visit that "piss pot" country why they wanted to visit and the 20,000 + British migrants a year who go to live there.

Obviously having an idiot PM has not affected the numbers or else nobody would be visiting any country. clap2.gif

• Like 1

I am glad the general recognizes that all countries inhabit the same globe. Now he needs to extrapolate and understand that humans also inhabit the same globe. Maybe then there will be a little less tolerance of racism and xenophobia in this country.

So busy avoiding being colonised they missed the hordes of Chinese who have taken over

I doubt he cannot get a visa to travel anytime he wants, but not in an official visit. The fact that the US will not invite him while he is a non elected official, will help him to find a excuse to call for elections soon, and to be a candidate, and win.

Thailand will have Prayut for a long time. Better the world, and the US, accepting that very real possibility, and use a good diplomacy. China and Russia are probably very happy with this kind of problems with the US and Thailand.

Ok who cares what the US thinks/says

US are Hypocrites

Elections don't make a democracy

Look at the US

Senate/Congress/Elections

The person with the biggest bank a/c Wins

Hillary debt $60m paid off by donations

US Debt $18.2 Trillion

Bankruptcy?

UK just joined China World Bank Group

The US is getting left out

Thailand/China/Japan/Lao etc Train Links set, contracts signed.

Prayut has done more in his time than previous politician did.

When politicians prove they can be trusted & wish to move this country forward without lining their own pockets eg. rice scheme, then Thais can have elections.

The US does not rule the world esp. that hrw group paid by US billionares.

But I can see Prayut will PM longtime because the Red's & Anti-coup just don't get it. The more they talk/cause trouble the longer he'll stay.

Coup was for many,many reasons not just YL TS mob or prevent civil war...

Election..no time soon

Ex-senators have not been sentenced yet

Courts busy for at least another year.

LLTK

Unlike some European countries, US democracy actually means something. 1) Yes, elections, not only of prime ministers and presidents and senators but also judges and police chiefs 2) accountability is necessary in democracy 3) the question of slander and libel. In European countries such as Sweden and Italy, slander and libel (defamation) if proven, is a criminal offense, and people can go to jail for that. In the US, first off, it's a civil matter, not criminal, and secondly, the First Amendment makes it very difficult for public figure or the powerful to sue individuals for defamation and actually win the case. So places like Canada and the UK are paradise for defamation suits, but not the U.S. If you want to quash freeom to criticise, go to the Commonwealth countries or Malaysia but not the U.S>

• Like 1