Ford Everest - All New 2015

Barontt

I'm going to replace my Mazda BT 50 3.2 4x4 in March and I've like a bit of input from Everest owners. I was thinking about either a straight replacement with the Ranger Wildtrak 3.2 4x4 or the Everest 2.2 or the mid priced 3.2 4x4.Its probably worthwhile throwing the Pajero mid and top models into the equation. I'll be doing the rounds with the garages at the weekends and contacts with Ford mean that availability isn't a problem. Cheers for any constructive input.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm going to replace my Mazda BT 50 3.2 4x4 in March and I've like a bit of input from Everest owners. I was thinking about either a straight replacement with the Ranger Wildtrak 3.2 4x4 or the Everest 2.2 or the mid priced 3.2 4x4.Its probably worthwhile throwing the Pajero mid and top models into the equation. I'll be doing the rounds with the garages at the weekends and contacts with Ford mean that availability isn't a problem. Cheers for any constructive input.

I was going to go for the EV 3.2+ but I didn't need 7 seats and I have automatics, so I got the WT 2.2 2x4.

If you don't need 7 seats and like being neutured by an auto box, then I would save some money and get the WT 3.2.

Is the 3.2 that much different? I read good things about the 2.2 update so far

It depends how you drive. The 2.2L is relaxed, but not underpowered. The 3.2L is more effortless about accelerating & overtaking, but it's no sports car either.

If I were to compare the WT to an SUV/PPV, it would be the previous gen. Fortuner 3.0L - it accelerates about the same, the ride has different qualities but you'd rate them about the same, but the WT is quieter, has better steering, better handling, and smoother gear shifts.

Obviously, no-one's comparing the previous gen 'Tuna to the new Everest though wink.png

Side note: Yep. I guess I did just say that a pickup truck is better than a previous gen Fortuner tongue.png In many ways it is, but in some ways it's not, of course.

Edited by IMHO

Well, if myself and some other guys here are anything to go by, no matter whether you buy a WT or EV first, you'll end up wanting to buy the other one as well anyway tongue.png

If I had to choose just one of them, it would be the EV though - but OTOH I don't really need a pickup ;)

Edited by IMHO

Is the 3.2 that much different? I read good things about the 2.2 update so far

It depends how you drive. The 2.2L is relaxed, but not underpowered. The 3.2L is more effortless about accelerating & overtaking, but it's no sports car either.

If I were to compare the WT to an SUV/PPV, it would be the previous gen. Fortuner 3.0L - it accelerates about the same, the ride has different qualities but you'd rate them about the same, but the WT is quieter, has better steering, better handling, and smoother gear shifts.

Obviously, no-one's comparing the previous gen 'Tuna to the new Everest though wink.png

Side note: Yep. I guess I did just say that a pickup truck is better than a previous gen Fortuner tongue.png In many ways it is, but in some ways it's not, of course.

Out of interest, which way is it not?

I've not found one thing better about a Fortuner than the WT despite months of thinking about it.

A pickup with cart springs will never have the same ride quality as a suv with coil springs, not a hope.

You'll be surprised. They both misbehave in slightly different ways, but like I said, overall you'd probably score them the same.

A pickup with cart springs will never have the same ride quality as a suv with coil springs, not a hope.

Utter bullocks (again).

Take a ride in a Fortuner, then take a ride in a WT back to back and then come back and say sorry.

Fortunas are crap in the ride department, my Pajero is head and shoulders above any pickup in ride quality, hell a pickup is designed to carry 1 ton plus??

I have both. T+ Everest and a 2 month old 3.2 wild track. Huge difference between both. Ev is very relaxed, soft, comfy, Wild track is harder, understandable as it has cart springs. Goes well though. Feels more punchy than the Ev. Must be a fair bit lighter I would think. Gets slightly better gas mileage too. Really like driving both.

FYI, new PJS has been having problems with the steering column. Seems that a lot of vibration of the steering wheel and right front wheel.

http://www.driveautoblog.com/?p=8675

The photo is of MMTH Pathumthani HQ service training center. The owner tried to get his car fixed at a dealer, but they couldn't fix it.

1 month of waiting and still not fixed.

This might be a one time thing or evolve in a major recall...

Edited by JoeW

Jase TheBass,s pick up truck is faster than a Formula One car, handles like one too, in fact it's the best Pick up anywhere in the world.

The Ford Everest SUV is better than a Rolls Royce for comfort, it's punchier than an Ariel Atom and it's the best motor available anywhere in the world.

Ford's share price has skyrocketed and Toyota are going out of business, they're that good.

Broken Record, on 29 Jan 2016 - 19:21, said:

Jase TheBass,s pick up truck is faster than a Formula One car, handles like one too, in fact it's the best Pick up anywhere in the world.

The Ford Everest SUV is better than a Rolls Royce for comfort, it's punchier than an Ariel Atom and it's the best motor available anywhere in the world.

Ford's share price has skyrocketed and Toyota are going out of business, they're that good.

Wow ... I didn't know that! That is impressive ... thanks

Utter bullocks (again).

Take a ride in a Fortuner, then take a ride in a WT back to back and then come back and say sorry.

have the goods in a pickup truck or not?

I drive Ranger so what? its still pick up.

or do you think that just for the beauty of the trunk?

Ford pulls out of Japan and Indonesia....whistling.gif

Ha Ha Macdonalds everywhere but its not talking about its qulity or good foods.

what I see in Indonesia, Fillipin and Thailand market from Toyota its even not realy Toyota.

In Japan alot patriot in ALL. and choice japan car in domestic market so BIG!!!!

so, yes ,its hard for many import brand.

Indonesia another thinks

people have the less educated and the poor in the majority.. the more suggestible. sanity and personality tend to zero.
I can not say about everyone
I say about the majority of people.
The fact that some of Toyota's biggest advertising expenditure is NOT secret.

I've not found one thing better about a Fortuner than the WT despite months of thinking about it.

faster sell with smaller lost

( tunnig thinks maybe litle more but its same not to much)

Bizarrely, I buy my cars to drive and enjoy, not for their possible resale value.

But, you're probably correct in thinking that is the only thing better about it.

Titanium 3.2 price 1599 k

its only not have sunroof and 18' w.

2.2 not go!! very big turbo lag after 100kmph to slow.

3.2 not have for test drive.

handling I can't say so much beter Fortuner.

and ofcouse its car not for handeling thinks, better drive 100-130 not more.

[emoji115]

Close enough

Bizarrely, I buy my cars to drive and enjoy, not for their possible resale value.

But, you're probably correct in thinking that is the only thing better about it.

I am honestly.

even one of reason I buy fortuner

i have choice.

Commuter

Fortuner

PJS

Accord

its must be holiday car then i come to Thailand

Some times with many friends.

PJS befor i have so not

sommuter not becouse some friend buy it so if come many people have one

accord not becouse still want some time get more than 3 friends and go out from road.,

And need for fast sell becouse any time can make desigine stop come to Thailan.

and last Have GF ( nowe wife) she like Fortuner. so why NO? But NOW i am understand WHY NO!!! better i buy second time PJS

i9f now simmular choise I BUY EVEREST for 1000%

Can I use the Australian Everest manual as a definite reference to the Thai models?

The Forward Collision Warning states,

If your vehicle is rapidly approaching another stationary vehicle, a vehicle traveling in the same direction as yours, or a pedestrian within your driving path, the system is design to provide three levels of functionality:

1. Alert
2. Brake Support
3. Active Braking
So I take this as, it alerts you to pedestrians and also hits the brakes for you if you are too slow [Active Braking]. Is this correct or does the Thai model differ?
Also, the Thai website doesn't state it but do we get, MyKey and TPMS?
This thread has influenced my ordering of a EVT+. Excellent reading, much appreciated. Delivery within the month, so they say...