Ford Everest - All New 2015

Barontt

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

No semi synthetic is more than adequate for this engine and 10000 service is less than 2000, normally 1800 so 1800 x 15 = 27000. plus cambelt just over 8500 no comparison, hell the other thing is only a ford hardly Mercedes quality and we are talking Thai labour costs, cheap as chips, one poster said Ford were charging over 600 an hour!! <deleted> rip off, I think so??

So in 150k km you do not change:

The oil in the automatic transmission

The oil in the differentials

Liquid hydraulic brakes and clutches

Cabin filter

??blink.png

or all this is included in 1800, and its changed every 10 k km?blink.png

Edited by ardokano

On a side note, dealer called. Can pick up the EV next week (normally end of this moment. Another side note, I will be in Europe until the end of this month.

JoeW can I volunteer to go pick it up for you.. .....

... I'll do even better: I'll not only pick it up for you, I'll properly drive those break-in miles for you and drop it off to you with a full tank! What color is it? tongue.png

No semi synthetic is more than adequate for this engine and 10000 service is less than 2000, normally 1800 so 1800 x 15 = 27000. plus cambelt just over 8500 no comparison, hell the other thing is only a ford hardly Mercedes quality and we are talking Thai labour costs, cheap as chips, one poster said Ford were charging over 600 an hour!! <deleted> rip off, I think so??

Back in 2010 Mitsubishi had a promotion that offered a 5 year/150,000KM warranty on the PJS - the catch was, you had to have dealer servicing (oil change) every 5,000KM. They got lots of backlash on this, and in 2011 revised the policy to 10,000KM intervals, but forcing you to use synthetic oil in order to keep the extra 2 years/50,000KM extended warranty... And they had no problem if you supplied the oil yourself (but it had to be Shell Helix Ultra) - so it was nothing to do with profit taking...

Just saying..

If you want a 5 year/150,000KM extended warranty on a Ford Everest, you pay 21,700 Baht, with no change to the service schedule at all. But they use only fully synthetic oil regardless.

Again, just saying...

No that is not true, I had the 5 year 150000 warranty, oil etc changed at 10000 and semi synthetic, never changed at 5000 just a vehicle inspection and a valet/clean all free. excellent value and customer support.

Well, now it's your word against mine huh? I also had one buddy.

My dad always said: "Don't ask somebody that HAS one, ask somebody that HAD one."

Practical Motoring just gave the Everest a score of 79/100 for the Ambiente model that doesn't sell here. As a point of comparison PJS got 78 and Tuna 69.

Comparing scores from different journo's*, and those from press loaners (where you drive/do what you want) vs manufacturer launch drives (where the journos are lined up to take turns in driving a carefully planned circuit) doesn't give you directly comparable numbers.

Look for the real side-by-side comparison tests to get a clear picture.

* Try to find some COTY backroom judging videos to see how much each journo's opinion can differ ;)

Edited by IMHO

My old team is now doing the comparison test in the Philippines between the EV 2.2 - Fortuner 2.4 - PJS - MU-X

I asked them why not compare the 3.2 with the 2.8 Fortuner etc. They said and this comes from inside Toyota: The EV 3.2 is in a different competitor level than the Fortuner 2.8.

Therefore comparing both cars would not be fair.

EVEN Toyota is admitting defeat :)

Unfortunately in Thailand sales figures and quality don't really go hand in hand.

I know, my grandfather (Belgian immigrant to the US) knows all to well about the Japanese and surrendering :)

Practical Motoring just gave the Everest a score of 79/100 for the Ambiente model that doesn't sell here. As a point of comparison PJS got 78 and Tuna 69.

Comparing scores from different journo's*, and those from press loaners (where you drive/do what you want) vs manufacturer launch drives (where the journos are lined up to take turns in driving a carefully planned circuit) doesn't give you directly comparable numbers.

Look for the real side-by-side comparison tests to get a clear picture.

* Try to find some COTY backroom judging videos to see how much each journo's opinion can differ ;)

Totally agree with you. But for me, the numbers resonate with my opinion. EV and PJS scoring closely but really for two different niches of customer, one focused on having everything, and the other who wants the very best value. The Toyota isn't being bashed because it's a Toyota, the review still says very good things about it. But it clearly stands out when compared with the other two, they just didn't take the tuna forward enough.

My old team is now doing the comparison test in the Philippines between the EV 2.2 - Fortuner 2.4 - PJS - MU-X

I asked them why not compare the 3.2 with the 2.8 Fortuner etc. They said and this comes from inside Toyota: The EV 3.2 is in a different competitor level than the Fortuner 2.8.

Therefore comparing both cars would not be fair.

EVEN Toyota is admitting defeat smile.png

I presume Toyota don't sell the Landcruiser in The Philippines, or Toyota could request the Everest 3.2 beat that instead.

The test is for the Asia Pacific region.

After the tests are finished, they will make a product information and sales guide for the sales staff at Toyota for each country.

Toyota Philippines does sell both the 200 and Prado though, but as it's not offered throughout the region they chose to go for the Fortuner instead.

Possibly Thailand's first legit car of the year award?

http://www.bangkokpost.com/auto/news/854268/2015-thailand-car-of-the-year-finalists

What "Thai" car...?

Well they get points for building them here. Anyway, I was alluding more to the fact that it isn't sponsored by any car companies and nothing like the motorshow awards that give anyone and everyone that joins a prize. I know they like everyone to be a winner in Thailand but it doesn't really help the end consumer to know which cars are good and which can be avoided at all costs.

http://www.bangkokmotorshowgroup.com/caroftheyear/caroftheyear_awards.php

Yes there really are that many prizes........

Anyway, I was alluding more to the fact that it isn't sponsored by any car companies and nothing like the motorshow awards that give anyone and everyone that joins a prize.

Maybe you should have a look at their website http://tajathailand.com/ :)

Based on the judging criteria and shortlisted cars, I'm gonna guess one of the 4 Benz's nominated takes the prize.

I reckon this is the only COTY in the world that's got a Honda Mobilio, MG3, Triton and Ciaz in the list of 16 qualifying cars ;)

NO Thai car..........Put together here........rolleyes.gif ,,,,,,,,,,Nuts and bolts............

Ermm. name one country that has a COTY awards where the only entries allowed are those of the same nationality

Think readers understand my point that LOS do NOT have a car brand...NOW, if awards were for nuts and bolts assembly competence...well yeh....but...

The judging criteria are:

• Design and Excecution
  • Comfort and Convenience
  • Safety
  • Driving satisfaction
  • Value for money
  • Environmental Friendliness

It's not a simple QC awards.. it's just like every other COTY smile.png

P.S. Don't worry mate, the Revo and Fortuner are in the list of candidates - that story linked above (which I expect to go soon) doesn't provide the full list :)

Edited by IMHO

Anyway, I was alluding more to the fact that it isn't sponsored by any car companies and nothing like the motorshow awards that give anyone and everyone that joins a prize.

Maybe you should have a look at their website http://tajathailand.com/ :)

Based on the judging criteria and shortlisted cars, I'm gonna guess one of the 4 Benz's nominated takes the prize.

I reckon this is the only COTY in the world that's got a Honda Mobilio, MG3, Triton and Ciaz in the list of 16 qualifying cars ;)

Well it states the judges will all be auto journalists so no idea what their affiliations are, but pretty certain that they'll all be from different publications. On that basis the organisation hosting the event shouldn't be able to influence the judges quite so easily.

Maybe you should have a look at their website http://tajathailand.com/ smile.png

I reckon this is the only COTY in the world that's got a Honda Mobilio, MG3, Triton and Ciaz in the list of 16 qualifying cars wink.png

Well it states the judges will all be auto journalists so no idea what their affiliations are, but pretty certain that they'll all be from different publications. On that basis the organisation hosting the event shouldn't be able to influence the judges quite so easily.

I applaud your optimism, but... let's see. :)

Be happy to learn if LOS had anything to do with that stuff...

I'm not really sure what it is you're getting at... but no COTY I've seen makes country of origin, design or HO a criteria for candidate selection or judging.

Based on what you're saying, the two big Aussie COTY's (Drive and Wheels) would be a two-car race - because that's how many models are made in Oz.. or Perhaps only one if country of design is a factor - but even then that would require ignoring big massive chunks of a car that come from US engineering tongue.png

Edited by IMHO

NO Thai car..........Put together here........rolleyes.gif ,,,,,,,,,,Nuts and bolts............

So you are saying all cars "built" in Thailand are infact CKD ?

Wos CKD..........?

CBU = Completely Built Up i.e. Totally manufactured

CKD = Completely Knocked Down i.e. Fully assembled from parts and bare body parts. Engine Trans etc imported as a unit in most cases.

SKD = Semi Knocked Down. Car is almost fully assembled overseas already. BMW in TH uses this method.

Are there any CBU s here.?.

Lots, for a starter

Lexus

Top range MB and BMW

Porsche

Rolls

Bentley

Ferrari

Lamborghini

Range Rover

Many others as well.

IMHO will have the complete list, due to his job.

Edited by Woodsie888