Ford Everest - All New 2015

Barontt

Even my crappy Ford pickup has climate control

climate control or hot air?

its different thinks.

i had in Fortuner climat control , but do not have hot air .

so the windows sweat when the temperature is less than 15C, and thespeed of more than 60kph.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ford pulling out of Japan and Indonesia!

http://www.cnbc.com/2016/01/25/ford-blames-market-conditions-pulls-out-of-japan-indonesia.html

Guess we should be happy that Thailand is a key manufacturing hub for them.

Both are understandable.. In the case if Japan, just read the last quote ;)

In the case of Indonesia, it's a market absolutely dominated by small MPV's (Avanza, Mobilio, Ertiga types of cars) - while Ford do have some products in this space globally (e.g. the B-Max sold in EU), there's just no export opportunities for these cars in ASEAN and Australasia, so I can imagine why it would be hard to make a case for a production line. If you don't have a range of MPV's, you don't have a chance in Indonesia...

Even my crappy Ford pickup has climate control

climate control or hot air?

its different thinks.

i had in Fortuner climat control , but do not have hot air .

so the windows sweat when the temperature is less than 15C, and thespeed of more than 60kph.

Maybe something has changed then... in the past, Fortuners with actual climate control (i.e. set the temperature and forget) had heating as well as cooling. Those with manual controls had cooling only though.

JaseTheBass's Ranger Wildtrak has dual zone climate control, with heating and cooling. It's not as crappy as he says :P

Lived in Japan for 5 years all together and apart from the occasionally imported F150 and an old school estate (don't even know the name), I have never seen a Ford in Japan.

As for Indonesia, lived there for 3 years when I was a kid and also the name Ford wasn't even mentioned when thinking of buying a car. It's all Suzuki and Toyota...

http://www.cnbc.com/2016/01/25/ford-blames-market-conditions-pulls-out-of-japan-indonesia.html

Both are understandable.. In the case if Japan, just read the last quote wink.png

In the case of Indonesia, it's a market absolutely dominated by small MPV's (Avanza, Mobilio, Ertiga types of cars) - while Ford do have some products in this space globally (e.g. the B-Max sold in EU), there's just no export opportunities for these cars in ASEAN and Australasia, so I can imagine why it would be hard to make a case for a production line. If you don't have a range of MPV's, you don't have a chance in Indonesia...

I suspect Ford would need more than a cheap little MPV to win in Indonesia.

GM have the same problem, despite the Spin. blink.png

Toyota seems to excel in heavily protected developing markets that like cheap, dull, out dated technology. facepalm.gif

Edited by Jitar

Both are understandable.. In the case if Japan, just read the last quote wink.png

I suspect Ford would need more than a cheap little MPV to win in Indonesia.

GM have the same problem, despite the Spin. blink.png

Toyota seems to excel in heavily protected developing markets that like cheap, dull, out dated technology. facepalm.gif

Indeed. Toyota are at #3 in the US.

Maybe something has changed then... in the past, Fortuners with actual climate control (i.e. set the temperature and forget) had heating as well as cooling. Those with manual controls had cooling only though.

JaseTheBass's Ranger Wildtrak has dual zone climate control, with heating and cooling. It's not as crappy as he says tongue.png

yes its climat control but Not have hot air!!! even not have warm..today in toyota altis what i get from dealer for use then fix problem at my fortuner, same climat but same not have even worm air.blink.png

so cant fast drive and cold in carfacepalm.gif

If it can't control the climate in your car then it isn't climate control, only AC, whatever Turdota decide to call it.

If tomorrow still cold , i am special go at morning 8-10 ( usually i wake up at 12-13.00) and testing ... what car?

PJS or Everest

Now I'm just basically wonderinglaugh.png

wai.gif

If it can't control the climate in your car then it isn't climate control, only AC, whatever Turdota decide to call it.

If tomorrow still cold , i am special go at morning 8-10 ( usually i wake up at 12-13.00) and testing ... what car?

PJS or Everest

wai.gif

The Everest is the best car manufactured in Thailand. I'm sure the PJS is fine if you want to save a few baht.

PJS or Everest

wai.gif

The Everest is the best car manufactured in Thailand. I'm sure the PJS is fine if you want to save a few baht.

Now i have some decision

and next car in Thailand it be sedan. Probably second hand from Japan.

But for me just intresting about " hot air" in another car.

If you're paying cash and not to fussy about the colour then there is always a good chance of fast delivery since there's usually somebody who doesn't get approval by finance... That's how we got our Mitsu within a fortnight and I guess the same conditions apply to Ford and all the other brands.

Yes I got lucky and received a phone call on Dec 29th would we accept a black titanium + and pay cash. Yes indeed sir, be there in an hour.

Then we are Black EV Titanium + brothers smile.png

We should start a club.

IMHO, on 29 Jan 2016 - 04:23, said:IMHO, on 29 Jan 2016 - 04:23, said:IMHO, on 29 Jan 2016 - 04:23, said:

I think this is the most, err, 'descriptive' review I've seen yet for the Everest:

http://www.motoroids.com/reviews/new-2016-ford-endeavour-2-2-diesel-4x2-at-review-redemption-roar/

Great one for the sight impaired, so long as you have a screen reader tongue.png

I think the first half was written after a night on the XXXX, later pictures seem to confirm that whistling.gif ...... as well as a screen reader a dictionary may be useful rolleyes.gif .... interesting and detailed write up though. I now know how to lower the spare wheel! I'm going to read it again ....... later

Edited by JAS21

How to protect the paint job on your new Everest....

attachicon.gifimage.png

Apparently, what we're looking at is a half-made parade float car..

Not sure the EV is the best choice with it's sensitive throttle tongue.png

wow. Best not hurt its feelings then!

For Toyota's the sensitivity extends all the way to the occupants :P

I think this is the most, err, 'descriptive' review I've seen yet for the Everest:

http://www.motoroids.com/reviews/new-2016-ford-endeavour-2-2-diesel-4x2-at-review-redemption-roar/

Great one for the sight impaired, so long as you have a screen reader tongue.png

They do get some interesting mechanical layout choices though with 3.2 2WD, and manual transmissions including a 2.2 4WD.