Ford Everest - All New 2015

Barontt

Can I sing now...........giggle.gif .............gigglem.gif

Guess who's back, back again

Ardokano's back, tell a friend

Guess who's back guess who's back guess who's back guess who's back.......

From the lyrical master that is Marshall Mathers III

Good one! clap2.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif ... can't picture Ardokano as a 'Real Slim Shady', though ...

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sounds like a very expensive service?? my Pajero and Vigo are usually around 2000 every 10000kms.

You obviously haven't changed the timing belt (100,000KM) on your PJS yet then. That's 13K Baht on it's own wink.png

Plus, the PJS/VIGO need servicing every 10,000KM - Ford's are at 15,000KM intervals.

Exactly! Plus Mitsubishi's GENUINE Oil for the PJS is a rebranded Shell HX7 (Semi-synthetic) which they sell for 1,010 THB.

We sell them for 800 THB. If you ask for the synthetic Genuine Oil which is a rebranded Shell HX8 (no the ultra) then it's 1,700 THB.

Or you can do as I did, I brought my own oil to Mitsubishi and asked them to use that instead. No problems. Warranty is ok :)

I am guessing since Ford has 15,000 KM intervals that they use decent synthetic oil?

Sounds like a very expensive service?? my Pajero and Vigo are usually around 2000 every 10000kms.

You obviously haven't changed the timing belt (100,000KM) on your PJS yet then. That's 13K Baht on it's own wink.png

Plus, the PJS/VIGO need servicing every 10,000KM - Ford's are at 15,000KM intervals.

Exactly! Plus Mitsubishi's GENUINE Oil for the PJS is a rebranded Shell HX7 (Semi-synthetic) which they sell for 1,010 THB.

We sell them for 800 THB. If you ask for the synthetic Genuine Oil which is a rebranded Shell HX8 (no the ultra) then it's 1,700 THB.

Or you can do as I did, I brought my own oil to Mitsubishi and asked them to use that instead. No problems. Warranty is ok smile.png

I am guessing since Ford has 15,000 KM intervals that they use decent synthetic oil?

http://www.ford.co.th/en/ford-owners/services/ford-engine-oil

They use Castrol Magnatec Professional A5

http://www.castrol.com/en_gb/united-kingdom/products/cars/engine-oil/castrol-magnatec-brand/castrol-magnatec.html

And they charge 2,200 + VAT for 8 litres (2x 4L cans needed for the 3.2L), which is pretty decent value, IMHO.

Edited by IMHO

no chains wear out kust the same and can break no difference.

They have a lifespan of~400,000KM, not 100-150K. Let's keep it real smile.png

Lubrication quality determines anything made of metal longevity, chain...Many cam chains have auto adjustment, l don't like that cos you don't know whats going on. Most of the stuff l worked on never had auto adjustment so my ear told me what was going on...

BUT, l would prefer a chain over a belt any day, glad Toyota went back to a chain drive on their new engine...thumbsup.gif

Really, on all our race engines the first thing we would dump would be the cam chain and convert to either belt or gear drive, far more accurate timing and much more reliable, cam chains are from the ark.

no chains wear out kust the same and can break no difference.

They have a lifespan of~400,000KM, not 100-150K. Let's keep it real smile.png

Lubrication quality determines anything made of metal longevity, chain...Many cam chains have auto adjustment, l don't like that cos you don't know whats going on. Most of the stuff l worked on never had auto adjustment so my ear told me what was going on...

BUT, l would prefer a chain over a belt any day, glad Toyota went back to a chain drive on their new engine...thumbsup.gif

Really, on all our race engines the first thing we would dump would be the cam chain and convert to either belt or gear drive, far more accurate timing and much more reliable, cam chains are from the ark.

But a race engine does not necessarily need to last year's and many hundreds of thousands of km does it? So your argument is moot!

Yes changed it about a year ago 8500, so what extra does the ford need other than oila nd filters?? stupid expensive.

Your ~2,200 Baht service price is using mineral oil. If you opt for synthetic oil (like Ford use standard), you're at ~3,000 Baht.

Comparing apples to apples, for 150,000KM travelled, The Everest costs 51,622 Baht (inc VAT) to service - or 42,769 Baht if you opt into the SSP program.

The PJS, using synthetic oil costs around 58,000 Baht, or using cheap oil around 46,000 Baht. The Toyota about the same.

Not expensive at all.

No semi synthetic is more than adequate for this engine and 10000 service is less than 2000, normally 1800 so 1800 x 15 = 27000. plus cambelt just over 8500 no comparison, hell the other thing is only a ford hardly Mercedes quality and we are talking Thai labour costs, cheap as chips, one poster said Ford were charging over 600 an hour!! <deleted> rip off, I think so??

I saw an everest today with the flashy aftermarket grill saying EVEREST right across it.

It looks really really bad.

You can get the man out of the Fortuner, but you can't get the Fortuner out of the man... :P

I thought people with a Ranger started that trend?

Fortuner would be the adding of way too much chrome and the body-kit with 4 fake exhausts...

Also body-roll from left to right :)

No semi synthetic is more than adequate for this engine and 10000 service is less than 2000, normally 1800 so 1800 x 15 = 27000. plus cambelt just over 8500 no comparison, hell the other thing is only a ford hardly Mercedes quality and we are talking Thai labour costs, cheap as chips, one poster said Ford were charging over 600 an hour!! <deleted> rip off, I think so??

Back in 2010 Mitsubishi had a promotion that offered a 5 year/150,000KM warranty on the PJS - the catch was, you had to have dealer servicing (oil change) every 5,000KM. They got lots of backlash on this, and in 2011 revised the policy to 10,000KM intervals, but forcing you to use synthetic oil in order to keep the extra 2 years/50,000KM extended warranty... And they had no problem if you supplied the oil yourself (but it had to be Shell Helix Ultra) - so it was nothing to do with profit taking...

Just saying..

If you want a 5 year/150,000KM extended warranty on a Ford Everest, you pay 21,700 Baht, with no change to the service schedule at all. But they use only fully synthetic oil regardless.

Again, just saying...

Back in 2010 Mitsubishi had a promotion that offered a 5 year/150,000KM warranty on the PJS - the catch was, you had to have dealer servicing (oil change) every 5,000KM. They got lots of backlash on this, and in 2011 revised the policy to 10,000KM intervals, but forcing you to use synthetic oil in order to keep the extra 2 years/50,000KM extended warranty... And they had no problem if you supplied the oil yourself (but it had to be Shell Helix Ultra) - so it was nothing to do with profit taking...

Just saying..

If you want a 5 year/150,000KM extended warranty on a Ford Everest, you pay 21,700 Baht, with no change to the service schedule at all. But they use only fully synthetic oil regardless.

Again, just saying...

No that is not true, I had the 5 year 150000 warranty, oil etc changed at 10000 and semi synthetic, never changed at 5000 just a vehicle inspection and a valet/clean all free. excellent value and customer support.

Just saying..

Again, just saying...

No that is not true, I had the 5 year 150000 warranty, oil etc changed at 10000 and semi synthetic, never changed at 5000 just a vehicle inspection and a valet/clean all free. excellent value and customer support.

Well, now it's your word against mine huh? I also had one buddy.

Edited by IMHO

Just saying..

Again, just saying...

Well, now it's your word against mine huh? I also had one buddy.

Clearly they saw you as an easy mark, and I am no budy of yours.

This isnt the one i saw today but it's just as terrible. What about the mountain.

There are pages of this tacky stuff here

http://www.zpracing.com/category/11/ford/everest-2015?tskp=1

That said, I'd buy the auto wing mirror closing on lock attachment

I guess that is the best of a bad bunch. What about the range rover style bonnet letters. So Thai style.

This isnt the one i saw today but it's just as terrible. What about the mountain.

There are pages of this tacky stuff here

http://www.zpracing.com/category/11/ford/everest-2015?tskp=1

That said, I'd buy the auto wing mirror closing on lock attachment

I guess that is the best of a bad bunch. What about the range rover style bonnet letters. So Thai style.

I thought Ford introduced that to Landrover when they owned them :)

On second, and third! thoughts I think a good idea to give PPP a complete miss ... even though you touched on it. post-17329-0-69065000-1454411212_thumb.j

This is one hot topic at present ..... great batting from Mr IMHO post-17329-0-25516400-1454411188_thumb.j and a couple of others ... won hands down I think.