Ford Everest - All New 2015

Barontt

We've been waiting for 2 months for our English manual...

Here's the Aussie one if it helps: http://www.fordservicecontent.com/Ford_Content/Catalog/owner_information/EB3B-19G219-ZAB.pdf

Note to others - that's the Ranger owner's manual.

If you want the Everest one, it's here: http://www.fordservicecontent.com/Ford_Content/Catalog/owner_information/Everest_U375_TEC_Australia_2015.pdf

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Those Books are Essential.For example.Many new rides are blessed with the Auto Change lever being back on the steering column .The Silverado would cause one to sit for weeks waiting for the book.[emoji23]

One person that borrowed my EV called me to say the automatic headlight feature was broken, and kindly offered to take it to a Ford dealer for me... except the only problem was the dial wasn't in the "automatic" position tongue.png

RTFM works :)

Edited by IMHO

Those Books are Essential.For example.Many new rides are blessed with the Auto Change lever being back on the steering column .The Silverado would cause one to sit for weeks waiting for the book.[emoji23]

Thanks ...I did actually pick that manual up from one of your earlier posts.

Yes it's deceptively fast out of traffic.

Thanks ...I did actually pick that manual up from one of your earlier posts.

Yes it's deceptively fast out of traffic.

WOOPS ....applies to Mr IMOH's post

.it's a little big and seems to float, I need to get used to 'where' the front LH corner is ...maybe my spatial awareness has failed!. Mrs JAS is a little unhappy with the seats ... both of us agree that when we sat in them at the Motor Show they were more comfortable than the ones we have fitted ... the dealer said NO NO that was because the seats in that vehicle had been used somewhat ... not convinced. To be honest the seats were somewhat of a pull towards buying it. The 8-way electrical passenger seat was a MUST for Mrs JAS and she said the self-parking feature was a MUST for me sad.png . I'll be interested in what the seats are like in the vehicle at next weeks Motor Show. Rumor has it that Ford are cutting back on the EV freebies ...not that they are giving much now.

Hopefully we will get the ceramic window film (SolarFX) fitted tomorrow or Tuesday ....sorry ACE

It's even more plush inside that I remember though. Quite impressive.

Have to say, at present, that I preferred the driving feel of our V-Cross, this is more 'limo-ish'. It will definitely grow on me though... need to read the 'on-line' manual urgently - seller told me that he will get me the English manual ... I wish that he had ordered it already ... it is free.

Roll on January 9th when it will be properly polished. After that I think I'll coat it with ECO7000.

It's not actually floaty - it's just isolating you from the road better - you'll get used to that soon ;)

Another thing to bear in mind is that it takes 200KM of driving for the AT to learn you as a driver. If people with very different driving styles are going to pilot it, make sure you both use different keys. Once the transmission has adjusted to your driving style shifts are smoother and it seems a little more pre-emptive.

As for the front LH corner - the proximity sensors will probably help you with that - don't worry, it starts beeping whenever you get within about 1M of something (wall, post, person, dog, etc) - look at the main screen for a visual indication of which of the 10 sensors is in alarm.

As for the chairs, I find them to be a good balance between comfort and support. Too soft and I start getting fatigued on a long trip, ditto too firm. Try also adjusting the side supports (mechanical lever on the centre console side of the chairs) as well - that's what got them to match my (more supportive) and my wife's (more sofa like) tastes better.

Have to say, at present, that I preferred the driving feel of our V-Cross, this is more 'limo-ish'.

Don't worry, you won't miss the ride firmness, heavier steering or mechanical symphony for long - and you'll also soon find that the more plush ride does not come with a lack of road manners or handling - which I can imagine coming from a pickup would be the expectation wink.png

Don't forget to watch the speedometer when away from traffic tongue.png

The Everest does have a slightly remote feel, partly due to the ride and quietness but also because of the electric power steering. The steering does not have the immediate tactile feel of a good hydraulic assist system. Ford are not alone with this though and it does become less noticeable as you get familiar with the car.

IMHO, on 29 Nov 2015 - 12:08, said:IMHO, on 29 Nov 2015 - 12:08, said:
Disting, on 29 Nov 2015 - 11:57, said:Disting, on 29 Nov 2015 - 11:57, said:

Nice Jas. Enjoy it, it has been worth the wait.

Well actually, that's the big question - seeing as he has waited longer than anyone else smile.png

@JAS21: So, was it worth the wait? tongue.png

Reckon so ...it's a little big and seems to float, I need to get used to 'where' the front LH corner is ...maybe my spatial awareness has failed!. Mrs JAS is a little unhappy with the seats ... both of us agree that when we sat in them at the Motor Show they were more comfortable than the ones we have fitted ... the dealer said NO NO that was because the seats in that vehicle had been used somewhat ... not convinced. To be honest the seats were somewhat of a pull towards buying it. The 8-way electrical passenger seat was a MUST for Mrs JAS and she said the self-parking feature was a MUST for me sad.png . I'll be interested in what the seats are like in the vehicle at next weeks Motor Show. Rumor has it that Ford are cutting back on the EV freebies ...not that they are giving much now.

Hopefully we will get the ceramic window film (SolarFX) fitted tomorrow or Tuesday ....sorry ACE

Have to say, at present, that I preferred the driving feel of our V-Cross, this is more 'limo-ish'. It will definitely grow on me though... need to read the 'on-line' manual urgently - seller told me that he will get me the English manual ... I wish that he had ordered it already ... it is free.

Roll on January 9th when it will be properly polished. After that I think I'll coat it with ECO7000.

What was the price please JAS ?

IMHO, on 29 Nov 2015 - 12:08, said:IMHO, on 29 Nov 2015 - 12:08, said:

Disting, on 29 Nov 2015 - 11:57, said:Disting, on 29 Nov 2015 - 11:57, said:

Nice Jas. Enjoy it, it has been worth the wait.

Well actually, that's the big question - seeing as he has waited longer than anyone else smile.png

@JAS21: So, was it worth the wait? tongue.png

Reckon so ...it's a little big and seems to float, I need to get used to 'where' the front LH corner is ...maybe my spatial awareness has failed!. Mrs JAS is a little unhappy with the seats ... both of us agree that when we sat in them at the Motor Show they were more comfortable than the ones we have fitted ... the dealer said NO NO that was because the seats in that vehicle had been used somewhat ... not convinced. To be honest the seats were somewhat of a pull towards buying it. The 8-way electrical passenger seat was a MUST for Mrs JAS and she said the self-parking feature was a MUST for me sad.png . I'll be interested in what the seats are like in the vehicle at next weeks Motor Show. Rumor has it that Ford are cutting back on the EV freebies ...not that they are giving much now.

The EVT+ is priced at 1599000 and that is what I paid.

I got 20000thb back for having previously bought a Ford and 5000thb for not having the free film. I had to pay 2100thb Vat ... to this day I don't understand fully why and I'm pretty certain that my wife does not either.

There were the usual basic freebees...1500thb fuel ... mats ... number plate holder ... underbody protection ...film but didn't want that...polished, if you can call it that. Those were the last motor show offers ...same from two dealers.

I'll let you know tomorrow evening what is being offered now

When will the MY16 Everest be available?

Presumably, if you book now the 2016 version & pricing is what you'll get - I'm sure they'd be happy to hear you say you specifically want the 2016 version - I'm sure everyone else is pushing them for the MY15 version & price right now wink.png

Edited by IMHO

The EVT+ is priced at 1599000 and that is what I paid.

I got 20000thb back for having previously bought a Ford and 5000thb for not having the free film. I had to pay 2100thb Vat ... to this day I don't understand fully why and I'm pretty certain that my wife does not either.

There were the usual basic freebees...1500thb fuel ... mats ... number plate holder ... underbody protection ...film but didn't want that...polished, if you can call it that. Those were the last motor show offers ...same from two dealers.

I'll let you know tomorrow evening what is being offered now

I think he was asking about the SolarFX film wink.png

I got an 18K quote for the SolarFX, and 16K for the Huper Optik on my EV (inc moonroof) - in the end I paid 14.5K for the Huper carbon ceramic after a little haggling.

It's booked in this afternoon. He forgot what he quoted when my wife phoned so I might do even better. I also want the Mazda Lantis doing so will talk about that as well.

I think 70 on the screen, 30 on the front side windows, 20 on the rear side ones and back and 05 on the moonroof. Might change the screen to 30 .....sorry ACE

Edited by JAS21

It's booked in this afternoon. He forgot what he quoted when my wife phoned so I might do even better. I also want the Mazda Lantis doing so will talk about that as well.

I think 70 on the screen, 30 on the front side windows, 20 on the rear side ones and back and 05 on the moonroof. Might change the screen to 30 .....sorry ACE

The moonroof has OEM tint already - I used 20 on mine and it worked out nicely - I think 05 on that would just be too dark.

As for the rear + side windows in the back, I used 20 but in hindsight would use 05 for rear passenger privacy... but OTOH if you mix 30 with 05 on the side windows you'll see a big difference from the outside too... tough call.

I have 20 on my front side windows, and it's only just on the "OK" side of marginal in undercover carparks.. the 30 is a safer choice there. The 70 on front windscreen is practically the same as having no film at all, for outwards visibility.

Note to readers: we're talking the product names for carbon ceramic films. Invert the numbers to compare to regular films - e.g. 70 = 30%, 30 = 70%, 20 = 80%, 05 = 95%.

Edited by IMHO

I can't decide 70 or 30 on the front...may wait till I get there

I worry a little about mixing 30 and 20 down the side. Might get away with 20 on the last window.

Ok 20 on the moon roof and the rear window ...we will go early and ponder andvhope to get it right befor it is fitted.....

Edited by JAS21

Ford have confirmed that the 3.2L Titanium+ will be priced at 1,749,000 under the 2016 tax rules.

Nice 150K win for those that get on this year ;)

Were you allowed to come to the show. We are on the Ford stand now

Ford have confirmed that the 3.2L Titanium+ will be priced at 1,749,000 under the 2016 tax rules.

Nice 150K win for those that get on this year wink.png

Were you allowed to come to the show. We are on the Ford stand now

Nope, I didn't go today - sent some minions instead.

2016 prices for the full range:

2.2L 6AT RWD Titanium: 1,389,000 (+120,000)

3.2L 6AT 4WD Titanium: 1,599,000 (+140,000)

3.2L 6AT 4WD Titanium+: 1,749,000 (+150,000)

No pricing/details on the rumored new entry level model yet.

JAS21, on 30 Nov 2015 - 12:42, said:

I can't decide 70 or 30 on the front...may wait till I get there

I worry a little about mixing 30 and 20 down the side. Might get away with 20 on the last window.

Ok 20 on the moon roof and the rear window ...we will go early and ponder andvhope to get it right befor it is fitted.....

If anyone is thinking of using SolarFX I can recommend

FX30 on the front and down the side ... except the small window which has FX20

The Moonroof ... think I made a mistake putting FX20 on ... Mrs JAS is complaining that she can feel the heat (with the blind open).. so probably will have to change it to FX05, but may wait for the hot season to confirm.

There is FX20 on the rear window ... it might have taken FX05 ... if anyone does that let me know what you think please,

3.2L 6AT 4WD Titanium+: 1,749,000 (+150,000)

Time to think about a BMW X1 as alternative.

Why, the base model X1 is 1,999,000 before the latest tax increase?

Also there's a new model, but it's not on show at the Motor Expo. The pricing will also be higher that the previous X1 before taking into account the new CO2 tax calculation.