Ford Everest - All New 2015

Barontt

Come to Chiang Mai. Most of them shouldn't even be allowed in a car as a passenger let alone the driver.

Lived near CNX for 10 years, LOS for 15. Do not find the drivers here any different. Now - as said before - India or the Phils !!!

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have now had my new Everest 2.2 for 3 days and I am very happy with it. I think I made the right decision to buy it over the PJS and Fortuner (thanks IMHO for feedback you gave on the engine performance). I am quite impressed with the 2.2 engine. It is powerful enough and sufficient for city and long drives. The ride quality is also very good and the interior looks and feels upmarket (even for the 2.2 trim). My colleague who booked a Fortuner cancelled his booking after driving my EV for an hour and booked an everest instead..says a lot about this new EV.

The only concern I have is the engine noise when you accelerate from a stop / and from low speed, which is a bit loud..thought this would be cancelled by the Active Noise cancellation which is fitted in the EV, but I am not sure how it works. Once the EV gets to speed, the cabin however becomes very quiet. Does anyone know if the Active Noise cancellation is preset in the EV or do you need to activate it? Forgive me if this may sound like a silly question :-)

I am also very tempted to replace the wheels +tyres with the 20" that Ford is selling as accessories for about THB 55k and trade the existing 18" wheels to a Ranger owner..not sure if it would be right decision and won't affect the ride quality..any advice on this?

I did a lot of research before buying the 2.2 EV, and honestly I had my doubts concerning the engine performance, but I must say I am now very impressed with it.

Cheers from a Happy EV owner (hope it lasts!!)

post-248958-0-51553000-1449733464_thumb.

My 3.2 is also noisy on pull away but the noise cancellation works really well when at speed. I think there is only so much the noise cancellation can do, it's a big diesel motor and working hard on initial pull away. Certainly quieter than my old Fortuner though. I do not believe you can turn it off. Have not seen anything in the Aussie manual I have. Biggest effect is on wind and tyre noise I feel.

I don't have any knowledge of how the Everest NC system works but I can tell you how the traditional NC you get on headphones operate.

Firstly they are designed to operate with repetitive sounds like a hum at a specific frequency. If the hum is variable it won't cancel the sound. So on a plane the engine sound can be cancelled but speech will still pass through and be heard.

The actual cancellation magic happens by recording the sound outside and then inverting the sound wave and pumping that sound out thus cancelling occurs. Because there is a delay when recording and then pumping out the sound it only works with repetitive sounds and not something like a continuous acceleration when the engine frequency is changing. Once the speed has stabilised, whether at 30km/h or 130km/h the engine's purrr should emit a consistent frequency and be captured for noise cancellation.

A crude way of explaining it, hope that helps.

I have now had my new Everest 2.2 for 3 days and I am very happy with it. I think I made the right decision to buy it over the PJS and Fortuner (thanks IMHO for feedback you gave on the engine performance). I am quite impressed with the 2.2 engine. It is powerful enough and sufficient for city and long drives. The ride quality is also very good and the interior looks and feels upmarket (even for the 2.2 trim). My colleague who booked a Fortuner cancelled his booking after driving my EV for an hour and booked an everest instead..says a lot about this new EV.

The only concern I have is the engine noise when you accelerate from a stop / and from low speed, which is a bit loud..thought this would be cancelled by the Active Noise cancellation which is fitted in the EV, but I am not sure how it works. Once the EV gets to speed, the cabin however becomes very quiet. Does anyone know if the Active Noise cancellation is preset in the EV or do you need to activate it? Forgive me if this may sound like a silly question :-)

I am also very tempted to replace the wheels +tyres with the 20" that Ford is selling as accessories for about THB 55k and trade the existing 18" wheels to a Ranger owner..not sure if it would be right decision and won't affect the ride quality..any advice on this?

I did a lot of research before buying the 2.2 EV, and honestly I had my doubts concerning the engine performance, but I must say I am now very impressed with it.

Cheers from a Happy EV owner (hope it lasts!!)

The noise cancellation system is always active - it's while underway it's able to make the most difference (wind/tire noise) though - and that's also when we've all been pre-conditioned to expect more noise too.

The 20" wheels should be fine - they are on the T+ at least ;) If for any reason you decide to fit aftermarket 20" wheels instead, pay very close attention to the offset - a lot of wheels could end up sticking out of the body by about 2" - which looks terrible.

When I ordered my 3.2T+ in October, I was told to expect delivery next June. I went to the dealer today and was told it will likely now be a February delivery. Delighted with that news although I don't really want it until mid March. Dealer is in Hua Hin.

I am in Australia at the moment and the Everest production does not seem to be coming here. Hardly see any on the roads. Lots of Toyota Prados and lots of Jeep Grand Cherokees on the other hand is every where. The Prado is dull but the Grand Cherokee is a good looking truck and the 6.4L V8 version sounds goooood. Pity these are not sold in LOS. sad.png

I am in Australia at the moment and the Everest production does not seem to be coming here. Hardly see any on the roads. Lots of Toyota Prados and lots of Jeep Grand Cherokees on the other hand is every where. The Prado is dull but the Grand Cherokee is a good looking truck and the 6.4L V8 version sounds goooood. Pity these are not sold in LOS. sad.png

AU deliveries so far are around the 900 mark in total. About the same as here sad.png

The Jeep SRT8 is a (comparative) bargain over there.

Edited by IMHO

I had a 2014 6.4L V8 in the USA. It is a very nice SUV. It is very comfortable to drive and has lots of power. I looked at importing one here and they said at least 3 Million. I have an older Everest (2012) and let my wife use it as her car. It is great for that but nothing like the Jeep. I put 32,000 miles on it in about a year and it towed that yellow or silver car with no problem even up mountains.

You can maybe see the silver Jeep in my photo.

Its a well named vehicle for Folks just Retired here. All New Ford EverRest.wub.pnggigglem.gif

Gee ACE ... it's not often that I agree ... in fact I'll add to it ...I'm not just retired ...packed up full time after I married Mrs JAS in 2002. Wish that the New Everest was available then ...would have been great for touring the UK ... have to make do Everesting here now ........keep them coming ACE ... enjoy ☺

Has anyone operated the button that is under the little cover which is in front of the transmission selector lever . It allows you to take the selector out of 'P'. In the manual it states

See an authorized dealer as soon as possible if this procedure is used.

After asking 'how to' the seller told me that you 'flick up' somehow the little cover and press the button and then you can leave you 'car' in 'N" ... anyone used it yet and why do you need to take it to an authorized dealer afterwards? My seller didn't say anything about going to an authorized dealer afterwards.

Edited by JAS21

Disting, on 13 Dec 2015 - 21:37, said:Disting, on 13 Dec 2015 - 21:37, said:

Nope. Not even looked under that cover. Can you stop the engine and remove the key when in N. Sorry, can't try as am in Africa right now.

Unfortunately NO ...on the 5-Series that we had, no-way could you leave it in 'N" ... was a bit of a pain at times... hope this isn't the same

Edited by JAS21

Has anyone operated the button that is under the little cover which is in front of the transmission selector lever . It allows you to take the selector out of 'P'. In the manual it states

After asking 'how to' the seller told me that you 'flick up' somehow the little cover and press the button and then you can leave you 'car' in 'N" ... anyone used it yet and why do you need to take it to an authorized dealer afterwards? My seller didn't say anything about going to an authorized dealer afterwards.

I can only expect the "Take it to a dealer afterwards" is because the manual you're reading assumes your car must have a problem if you need to force it into neutral without the keys in the ignition wink.png

For about 300 Baht, you can buy a button to replace that cover:

4iw.jpg

Much more convenient for Thai car parks :)

Edited by IMHO

I can only expect the "Take it to a dealer afterwards" is because the manual you're reading assumes your car must have a problem if you need to force it into neutral without the keys in the ignition wink.png

4iw.jpg

Much more convenient for Thai car parks :)

Thanks ...is that a Ford part? If not could you point me in the right direction ...pretty stupid of ford not to fit this for Thailand .....

4iw.jpg

Much more convenient for Thai car parks smile.png

Thanks ...is that a Ford part? If not could you point me in the right direction ...pretty stupid of ford not to fit this for Thailand .....

No not a Ford OEM part - you'll find them at any little autoparts store though.. It's the same as what's needed for a 2011+ Ranger, so not hard to find.

I thought a shift lock is only for emergencies if the automatic one won't release the brake when key is in the ignition. Not sure about the Ford, but other cars which don't have a button have a slot instead. You put your key in the slot and move the gearstick into neutral, then start the car normally. Have I missed something?

Obviously, the auto P release not working which in turn requires you to do things manually indicates a problem with the car and you should get the dealer to fix it.

Edited by ChesneyHawkes

I thought a shift lock is only for emergencies if the automatic one won't release the brake when key is in the ignition. Not sure about the Ford, but other cars which don't have a button have a slot instead. You put your key in the slot and move the gearstick into neutral, then start the car normally. Have I missed something?

I guess you've been very fortunate to have always found a carpark at busy malls, and have not had to cross park in front of someone.

I guess you've been very fortunate to have always found a carpark at busy malls, and have not had to cross park in front of someone.

Ah, I see. Obviously the function of the switch wasn't designed for this situation, but I see it's use for the scenario you've described. Will keep that in mind if I ever cross park.

My gf insists we always parallel park to avoid getting dinged, so end up driving around like idiots for ages. Probably why we prefer Uber/BTS these days.

Ah, I see. Obviously the function of the switch wasn't designed for this situation, but I see it's use for the scenario you've described. Will keep that in mind if I ever cross park.

My gf insists we always parallel park to avoid getting dinged, so end up driving around like idiots for ages. Probably why we prefer Uber/BTS these days.

I don't fit any of my cars with these switches, to force the driver (even if it's me) to find a good carpark :)

I don't fit any of my cars with these switches, to force the driver (even if it's me) to find a good carpark :)

Not for me ...I'll park unless it's on a corner ... then never ... OR if the space is a little narrow. All the 'dings' that I have are from other doors been opened onto mine. You are often safer parking across the front ...unless it's on a slope