CTH scam

jackted

Google The Mirror or The Sun, infact any UK tabloid newspaper they have contact telephone numbers for anyone with a story that would be publishable in their paper.

You could try AFP and Reuters as they have reporters living in Thailand.

You will also get a pay cheque for it and get your story published worldwide to millions.

If you do though you will probably have to leave Thailand for your own safety.

Thanks for suggestions. My wife and all her family are Thai. After living here the gloss has definitely gone off but I still prefer here much more than home. So it wouldn`t be worth the risk if I had to leave thailand.

Didn't this junta government claim they'd set up some kind of avenue for complaint about society, and then like magic a poll popped up saying something like 80-90% of issues people had raised had been solved? Try that. There's been at least two threads here on the topic as described.

The reason there is 2 topics is this. I 1st posted it in Thailand News - it got moved to computers/internet/communications/technology

So I reposted it under General news begging the Moderators NOT to put it in a section where it would get less views

Surely KIDNAPPING - ASSAULT - ROBBERY & A DEATH THREAT...... is a little bit more worthy than the blooody computer section?

Ah well if the death threat is real maybe if I`m bumped off it will be in a more visible thread!

Still it`s not like foreigners have been murdered in Thailand before over such matters is it? I mean who gives a f89k about one more brit & his family. Maybe something will or wont happen to me and my family. Maybe it is scare tactics. But if it was your family wouldn`t you do everything in your power to protect them and get help?

Hm, you misunderstood what I was saying: the two threads I referred to were about 'some kind of avenue for complaint about society [...] issues people had raised had been solved' - and my post is suggesting you could try this idea, ludicrous as it may sound.

• Like 1

Contact your embassy.

What nationality are you?

Do you have actual CCTV evidence or not?

2 days ago I suggested involving the press- Where are you with that?

I contacted my embassy -they can do nothing

I am British

I cannot comment on the crucial CCTV footage

I have contacted Andrew Drummond.I have contacted a lawyer (not mine- who didn`t want to know); I contacted CTH and posted on their website. I am about to contact The Bangkok Post and a friend is about t get me the Directors contact details for a publication in Pattaya. I have also been given the suggestion Channel 3.

You suggested that 2 days ago. A meeting was arranged for 3pm yesterday. We waited and waited as I thought that was going to happen. It didn`t. So I didn`t contact anyone at that time. Last night I worked at my restaurant, I also have a scared wife and baby to look after. But I am making progress as you can see.....but as yet no one has helped.

You're not making progress. You think you are working hard, but you're swimming in a riptide. You won't win this.

And if you do, your justice will bring revenge.

If you continue with this, at least get your family far away from you.

EDIT: dam spelchekkr

Edited by HeijoshinCool
  • Like 2

CTH do not issue licences.

We do pay CTH the extra monthly rates for 2 TVs which allows us to show it in our restaurant

We have paperwork from them which in effect is a contract

CTH did not issue us with a sticker which I will take up with them but in anycase there is no legal requirement to show it.

Did you contact CTH before and explained that you wanted a commercial package?

Q13: How much are packages for entrepreneurs (ex. hotels, dormitories, apartment) ?

A13: For shops, stores, hotels, apartment, serviced apartment, dormitories, etc,

Please phone our call center at 1619, 080-911-0388, 0-2508-6999 or contact our official sales agents nationwide

-both CTH local cable operators (LCOs) and local satellite operators (LSOs).

http://www.cth.co.th/en/faqs/

Starcandle seems to know.

CTH have a different charge for commercial premises to home viewing, I'm not 100% sure on the household package ! Somewhere near 450 baht I think, but a Bar package starts at 1500 baht per month for a 28" TV and increases in price the bigger your TV ( yes I'm serious) , the dearest tariff is 3500 baht for a 1.6 meter projector screen.

So here we have a place where the Thai army has no power and influence, that's interesting.

There are hundreds of places where the army has no power. Controlling noise infesting vermin like the Ark Bar on Samui.

Finding the real murderers on Koh Tao, instead of framing patsies. Controlling the Samui taxi mafia.

Stopping illegal deforestation.

Stopping human trafficking.

Controlling the air quality in the north.

I could go on for days.

Wellcome to Thailand!!!!!!

Yes we love you and yes you can love us.....but ha ha ha......were in no way anything like you.....but please feel free to pretend like we are.....we will go along....ha ha ha.......sorry were not the west....never will be........

Why has this thread gone dead?

Nothing happening?

If there was nothing happening and it was a joke, I would guess he would be milking his story and peoples interest.

Maybe he's moved out...hopefully he has.

If this story is true I wish him and his family the best, he's left some evidence behind anyway at least.

A closing comment from the Op

"Once again thank you all for your advice, opinions and support. It has been a bitter lesson to learn doing business in Thailand to say the least. My family are safe, we are happy and this has not put me off living in Thailand though it has knocked some of the gloss off."

CLOSED.