Falling egg prices prompts immediate action by the Egg Board

webfact

She said the Commerce Ministry is also speeding up releasing eggs into the market to reduce the excess supply

Huh, increasing the supply to reduce the excess supply? That must be Thai economics 101.

Mistranslation? Over production is causing storage problem, and not excess supply.

Price of eggs in BKK has risen to 4-5 baht a piece. Supply is not reaching us fast enough.[/.

The sellers are paying less but not passing it on. I have noticed reductions on eggs in our local market in Khon Kaen.

Thailand is, as we all know, the hub of eggs. But I feel that its time for a good old fashion crackdown on eggs and the prices of eggs. Also I would like to see some sort of committee launch a probe into the egg board to really sort this out, maybe indict the eggs that are to cheap etc. Also more thainess is really called for in this whole egg business.

Bought 30 for 79B at big C last week . Mixed so not No1.

My cholestrol is peaking.

Feel ashamed that I bought them , aiding the chicken holocaust that is egg farming.

No sympathy for those egg "farmers". Hard to find eggs from free walking chickens.

Yep evry day a suprise where I can find the eggs from my chickens , running free

5 years ago you could buy 10 eggs for about 33 baht in Bangkok. Now you're lucky if you find them for less than 50.

Wrong, I bought 10 large eggs last week in East Pattaya 34 bht.

Docno post # 33.

Egg Board? A government body trying to moderate price by managing supply? Hope all those people who want Yingluck crucified for the rice pledging scheme don't get wind of this one...

Not a new idea by any stretch of the imagination .'The Egg Marketing Board ran for many years in the U.K.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Egg_Marketing_Board

image8386.jpg

Edited by siampolee

5 years ago you could buy 10 eggs for about 33 baht in Bangkok. Now you're lucky if you find them for less than 50.

Agree.... 17 Baht increase for 10 eggs in 5 years is outrageous......! I'm gonna protest to the egg board!

Wrong, I bought 10 large eggs last week in East Pattaya 34 bht.

Lucky you, I paid 45 baht ,not even large.. Mae Sai. With so many eggs for sale I am concerned that eggs will not be FRESH .

She said the Commerce Ministry is also speeding up releasing eggs into the market to reduce the excess supply

Huh, increasing the supply to reduce the excess supply? That must be Thai economics 101.

A perfect snapshot of govt. educated leaders in oh so many fields!

Thainess again at it's best :-)

I always admired Thai thinking and mentality.

If something doesn't sell......increase the price.

On the contrary if something sells well.......flood the market with the same product.

The world should learn from them.......................

Not very unlike the veggie farmers in Europe.

One year the price of tomatoes is very high, next year everyone is growing for tomatoes, of course leading to a price collapse, and the farmers are lining up for handouts.

A shining exception is Greece, where they line up for handouts no matter what!!coffee1.gif

And will continue to do so with no intention of paying it back,

The egg board. Strewth.

When they say egg suppliers, they don't mean some mom and pop farmers, there are massive egg producers producing in the millions. This is not some sop to help the little guy.

Presumably, if a couple of them went out of business, supply would shorten and the price might go up?

"She said the Commerce Ministry is also speeding up releasing eggs"

aren't the chickens supposed to do that?

Maybe she has the egg problem? Ooops, slightly OT whistling.gif

(Sarcasm for those for whom English is not their first language)

Congratulations to the Egg Board, on having succeeded in reducing the price of eggs to the consumer, which benefits tens of millions (and increases their happiness ?), at the expense of the relatively-fewer egg-producers !

I wonder whether this was intentional, or by accident, or due to enemy-action by foreign egg-producers ? whistling.gif

What a rip off, you poor dear, now paying an increase of 17 baht, a rise that took place of 5 years, a yearly increase of 3.4 baht, or just over $0.10. Having trouble paying that are we or just having a whinge or both.