Are you staying or leaveing this year for Songkhran?

IMA_FARANG

Love it a time of no responsibility

.Mind you that is away from the somewhat moronic element one finds in central Bangkok,

Here in the suburbs and also at our home in Surin Songkran is a pleasurable time with lots of fun and a great party atmosphere,.

All rather like the college rags of my youth.

MidKent_College_Rag_Day_1951.jpg

• Like 1

undecided...

option 1 - Japan for 10 days as Mrs S wants to see the cherry blossoms

option 2 - Short drive to Koh Chang sit in a resort drinking cold beer on the beach with a good book...Mr S' preferred option laugh.png

votes on a post card please...

• Like 1

undecided...

option 2 - Short drive to Koh Chang sit in a resort drinking cold beer on the beach with a good book...Mr S' preferred option laugh.png

...with MR T....

undecided...

My thought's too Soutie,too hot here in Petchabun,at least cooler in Koh Chang,on the beach,and i know some nice little out of the way spots there,all my wife's extended family will be up here,and rigging up speakers opposite at the shop that would put an ac/dc concert to shame,thought about going to Malaysia,but a lot more expense and mucking around,Koh Chang around 32c,Kok prong around 40c,i think it will be Koh Chang.

Skipping this year. Arranged work schedule overseas to avoid it. Have things that must be done and can't afford what is basically a whole week wasted in Chiang Mai to the ldrunken revelry and excess. It is a great holiday but a little out of control.

My condolences in advance to the hundreds that will die pointlessly in the roads of Chiang Mai province.

Edited by arunsakda
  • Like 2

undecided...

Lucky for some of you that can afford the hi-so life.

Pity us poor buggers, who can't get out of our door.

No votes required, but you can have a cry for us.

Last time I heard Costas, you were buying up condo blocks in Pattaya ! biggrin.pngbiggrin.png

• Like 1

Songkran is just too busy for me to enjoy. Khao San, Silom, etc. Everywhere smells more pissy than normal since everyone just pisses there pants. Went to RVA and it took me an hour to get from one side of the club to the other side while getting blasted in the ears and eyes by glacier super soaker 5000's. Imagine if there was a need to evacuate in a hurry. People would be trampled to death. I'm going to the beach!

Staying........

Safely behind the locked gate of my house.

Yes. Just stock up on the needful to last for a few days. There's plenty of things that need to be done around the home. If I have to go out it's by car. It stays dry inside and the nut jobs keep their distance from any place I would want to go. Indoor parking or controlled parking lots.

If you stay here 365 days a year, surely you can find things to do at home for a few days.

Staying........

Safely behind the locked gate of my house.

Yes. Just stock up on the needful to last for a few days. There's plenty of things that need to be done around the home. If I have to go out it's by car. It stays dry inside and the nut jobs keep their distance from any place I would want to go. Indoor parking or controlled parking lots.

If you stay here 365 days a year, surely you can find things to do at home for a few days.

Yep plenty to do around the house, Iam taking the week off before songkran as well.

We're off to Japan as the missus wants to see the cherry blossoms. And we'll take the little one to the Gibhli museum and possibly Disneyland Tokyo. Not that we don't like Songkhran mind you, just not in the mood for it this year.

undecided...

You should experience the cherry blossoms at least once, this year up to you!

I'll be in the middle of it again this year. Only one day, finish before dark, and it's great fun as it will be with a large group of friends at a condo right in the middle of everything.

The days leading up to it are easy here in NaJomtien. You'd hardly even know it's Songkran.

• Like 1

I can t wait! Have been coming to Thailand every Winter for past 15 years and a few in the 90's but have always had to leave by March for work. This year is it. Staying till April 16 and hitting up Silom first and then anywhere else fun. I have big gun already! Yippee!

I can t wait! Have been coming to Thailand every Winter for past 15 years and a few in the 90's but have always had to leave by March for work. This year is it. Staying till April 16 and hitting up Silom first and then anywhere else fun. I have big gun already! Yippee!

12TH - 19TH in Pattaya, 19TH the maddest and baddest, not much happening the 16TH, unless Bangkok is mad that date