Lambo Taxi owners sue internet for embezzlement accusation

webfact

Lambo Taxi owners sue internet for embezzlement accusation
By Coconuts Bangkok

joe.jpg
Photo: Joe Maesai Facebook

BANGKOK -- Maesai “Joe” Prapasawat, famous now as the slap-happy Lambo Taxi Man, filed a police report yesterday against a web forum where someone accused him of embezzlement.

Joe, who sells car fuel conversion kits, traveled to the Computer Crime Suppression Division in Chaeng Wattana yesterday to file a defamation complaint against the Dek-D online forum for accusing him of embezzling money from Napat Yanyon, another auto company he had traded with in the past.

"I didn't embezzle. I just did my business with a little technique. Did I conceal the costs [from my customers]? I did. But I didn't embezzle anyone’s money,” Joe told Sanook. [read more...]

Full story: http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2015/03/19/lambo-taxi-owners-sue-internet-embezzlement-accusation

cocon.jpg
-- Coconuts Bangkok 2015-03-20

"I didn't embezzle. I just did my business with a little technique. Did I conceal the costs [from my customers]? I did. But I didn't embezzle anyone’s money,” Joe told Sanook.

Errrrrrr .... a full admission of embezzlement, in Thailand, means he did not embezzle?

Does he not know that embezzlement is itself a concealement of business practices which may or may not result in financial loss to business associates (when it then becomes 'fraud')?

• Like 2

Ok let me get this straight he didn't embezzle money he misrepresented a product he was selling So he is guilty of false advertising? And the technique being he lied to his customers. Making false claims in The US would be a crime but in Thailand if your Thai hiso it is called business as usual?

• Like 1

Never mind the embezzlement!!

He should be charged with spoiling a beautiful car by painting it as Bangkok taxi!!bah.gif

Agreed! Maybe a slap across the back of the head will get his brain functioning normally. facepalm.gif

All that needs to be said here is that the guy has enough cash to buy a Lambo, ergo he has enough cash to avoid prosecution. Case closed, except maybe a defamation case which he will probably win, cos crime pays, if you spread the proceeds right.

He should be charged with spoiling a beautiful car by painting it as Bangkok taxi!!bah.gif

Agreed! Maybe a slap across the back of the head will get his brain functioning normally. facepalm.gif

Assuming he has 2 neurons that function and can be rubbed together

He said he rarely uses it. It looked a little out of place parked in the disabled parking lot at the airport too.

A self professed liar stating he is not guilty of embezzlement. I believe him don't you?

Embezzlement and lying about the costs are very different things. Embezzlement is a criminal offense akin to theft, lying about costs can lead to a civil offense.

Why is this forum always so against young people with money?

• Like 2

Don't know why folks can't read properly, he didn't misrepresent a product, he just sold it at a higher price to another company. That company found out they were overpaying, therefore stop doing business with Joe. Now folks probably from the company are saying Joe embezzled money from them. How do you embezzle money from a company you sell stuff to only? Correct me if I'm wrong, that is my interpretation.

• Like 2

Don't know why folks can't read properly, he didn't misrepresent a product, he just sold it at a higher price to another company. That company found out they were overpaying, therefore stop doing business with Joe. Now folks probably from the company are saying Joe embezzled money from them. How do you embezzle money from a company you sell stuff to only? Correct me if I'm wrong, that is my interpretation.

Joe says he didn't, they say he did.

The other dishonest practices he admits to may just be another of his business strategies..

Edited by Bluespunk