To Wai or Not to Wai ?. That is the question.

prk888

Nobody wai's in my village. One time to the mother in law when I arrive back from offshore.

Makes me laugh at old farangs giving a wai to everyone even kids.

Kids

Soi dogs

waitress

Security guard

street sweepers

Some classy farang in Thailand should indeed wai the worm inside the poo left behind by the soi dog. More than appropriate. ;)

• Like 1

Children wai to adults. Adults wai to those of a higher standing as a sign of respect. Most thai adults are not worthy of my respect so i would never wai to them. When i meet an honest, wise, ethical, civilized thai adult that i get to know and respect over a period of time then i will wai. But the majority of them, whether wealthy or nor not, or having the superficial appearance of success or not, will need to earn my respect before i ever wai. And a fair number deserve to be weed over before waid to.

dont you think your the special one,?

i allways wai my wifes grandperents, i even stoped the car yeserday to wai gandpa, first time ive seen him since i got back from offshre,

hes a great old guy, can make anything from bamboo,

Thats absolutely wonderful, what a truly fantastic guy you must be....and bamboo eh....well, thats incredible....bamboo....

• Like 2

Children wai to adults. Adults wai to those of a higher standing as a sign of respect. Most thai adults are not worthy of my respect so i would never wai to them. When i meet an honest, wise, ethical, civilized thai adult that i get to know and respect over a period of time then i will wai. But the majority of them, whether wealthy or nor not, or having the superficial appearance of success or not, will need to earn my respect before i ever wai. And a fair number deserve to be weed over before waid to.

i allways wai my wifes grandperents, i even stoped the car yeserday to wai gandpa, first time ive seen him since i got back from offshre,

Good to see that you know your place Jake:-

• Like 2

Yeah, but you're a pig farmer, so entirely appropriate that you wai everyone.

This discussion is about social status, can't get much lower than pig farmer (as far as I can see).

• Like 1