Concern rises as photos of jam packed Maya Bay with influx of Chinese tourists exposed

Lite Beer

Hey...what is all the fuss about....Thai or Chinese..... same, same..... right.

Both countries have equal disregard for their environments while the governments of both countries are known to only pay lip service to the environmental issues while financial gain supersedes all other matters of importance.

Cheers

• Like 2

What is here so beautiful, big rocks blocking the view and lots of sand, concrete over the beach and put in a few Mc Donalds you could easily get in another 1000 or so Chinese that way, oh and get rid of those coral reefs,they are a danger to the tourist boats.

Money from tourism does come easy but has many consequences.

Ask me as a Greek and I'll tell you how my country was spoiled from tourism.

But greed for money never ceases, either in Greece , Thailand or anywhere else in the world.

But it's not that simple. There are a lot of factors involved. Western countries such as France, the U.S. and Switzerland are also prime tourist destinations. You don't see them spoiled like this.

• Like 1

The solution is, of course, to enforce daily quotas. Ta make it fair it should be either by paying an entree fee but also have entries exempt from fees on the condition that they are reserved well in advance, say 6 months to a year. That would give people with a genuine desire to see the place and enjoy in it's full glory a chance to do so, whether they can afford it or not.

For the rest of the people that just go there to get a "Been there photo", set a photoshop hut in Phi Phi island or something.

I guess the Entree fee is just for Starters clap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gif

• Like 2

It is like a viscious cirlcle.

1. Paradise Beach - no people, clean sea

2. A few backpackers come and spend a little money

3. Locals eye the potential income. Invite more people

4. Over crowded , polluted, expensive.

5. Tourists find new destination

6. Paraidise Beach

Wait 10 or mor years and no one will come to that area.

Hope there are enough toilets for the crowds.

you mean on the transfer on the boat they get teached how to use a toilett ?

Not so easy, many of them never seen one !!

Sorry I've forgotten.

Is pee pee island there.

Edited by tomacht8

i went there one time it was embarrassing. just boat parking, there is no view of the beach just thousands of fleeced foreigners packed into leaky boats with poorly trained staff. Thailand $ouled out long ago and then blame the tourist for the damage.

When has concern for the environment ever taken precedence over naked greed in Thailand?

Is that a typo?

I believe you meant this as a fill in the blank statement ...

When has concern for the environment ever taken precedence over naked greed in _______________?

I wonder what country you can point to with meaningful population density and tourism as a significant portion of revenue ... where this does not apply.

Money from tourism does come easy but has many consequences.

Ask me as a Greek and I'll tell you how my country was spoiled from tourism.

But greed for money never ceases, either in Greece , Thailand or anywhere else in the world.

But it's not that simple. There are a lot of factors involved. Western countries such as France, the U.S. and Switzerland are also prime tourist destinations. You don't see them spoiled like this.[/quotes

Ever been to Benidorm?

Have to love Thai "journalists"!!

First a lot about the damage tourism is doing to this particular bay, and then ending the article with information about the best time to visit:

>>The best time to visit Maya Bay is between November and April during the high season when seas are calm and access to the bay is easy.<<

Makes sense.......................................coffee1.gif

Have to love some Thaivisa posters!!

The journalist wasn't complaining, he was simply reporting what was happening, the complaints came from an anonymous Facebook user.

Now it makes sense.