The rainy season has officially started!

balo

It is NOT the start of the rainy season. Drama queens indeed.

Every year, for the past decade or more that I can remember, we have been hit by a storm or heavy squall about one month before Songkran. It will now be hot and dry for the next couple of months.

Relax, DQs and go back to sleep as you are approaching the middle of the hot season, not the rainy season. smile.png

Hint for all the DQ's and stress monkeys out there, google 'flash flood'.

Drove down from Korat today, the rain hit about 70 km from Sattahip, and did it rain.

Wouldn't have been much of a drama if I was in the Vigo but my two kids, missus and me in her Mazda 2 = yikes.

Got to View Talay Villas, no power for two hours.

Thankfully the power came back on before it went dark.

Jomtien second road and soi 5 were rivers.

• Like 2

Every year, for the past decade or more that I can remember, we have been hit by a storm or heavy squall about one month before Songkran. It will now be hot and dry for the next couple of months.

Relax, DQs and go back to sleep as you are approaching the middle of the hot season, not the rainy season. smile.png

Thanks Dad.

Thanks Dad.

You just hang in there, young fella me lad, and I'll see you right.

+1

According to P-One, water depth on some of the side sois was as high as 1.5 metres on the side sois : I haven't run a tape measure over a Thai on a motorbike, but ask me to ride or drive through something that deep and this 'drama queen' will claw your frackin' eyes out .....

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/811669-flash-floods-cause-chaos-around-pattaya/

I accept that the wet season call was several months too early (premature speculator ?), but they can keep their flash floods - I'm moving to a mountain peak in Cambodia. Friendly locals and no more traffic hassles.

Indochinese_TIger_8.9.2012_Why_They_Matt

costas, your garden would revel in this - it's coming down in buckets here in beautiful central Pattaya. A real wet season deluge after months of almost nothing - very, very welcome. I've posted this before, but good content never gets old and it's entirely relevant:

At about 3:13 I see the storm hitting the beach. That's exactly where I was sitting! It rained buckets. Then seemed like it started coming from the ocean. Your video kinda shows that. The wind clocked around 180 and continued to rain for another hour. I figure we got about 2 or 2.5 inches of rain. A good one!

Nice video....

i used to think July first then i was corrected, it begins in may, this is a one-off?

A mini rainy season in May, the heavy stuff usually in Sep/Oct.

1981 to 2010 statistics for Pattaya:

21378910sd.jpg

Depends on what part of Thailand you reside in. It starts in May in Isan and is gradually later, the further south you go. It also ends earlier in Isan, in the south is when the heavy stuff comes in Sept, Oct, and even into November.

Just came back from Immigration and the Pattaya Klang Intersection is flooded with Traffic at a complete standstill.

If you mean the Sukhumvit junction they are building a tunnel which should give that a place to drain to.

The power went off here for about 15 minutes. It's back now , I was a bit worried for a while. But it's pouring down again now so I'm prepared for the worst...

Must have been hell waiting for the power. No TVF to keep you busycheesy.gif

• Like 1

I think it will be a blessing, unless you're in a flood zone :-) The thunder was a bit scary, but no rain here yet in CM, but this was forcasted in the weather earlier this week :-)........We need the rains!

costas, your garden would revel in this - it's coming down in buckets here in beautiful central Pattaya. A real wet season deluge after months of almost nothing - very, very welcome. I've posted this before, but good content never gets old and it's entirely relevant:

At about 3:13 I see the storm hitting the beach. That's exactly where I was sitting! It rained buckets. Then seemed like it started coming from the ocean. Your video kinda shows that. The wind clocked around 180 and continued to rain for another hour. I figure we got about 2 or 2.5 inches of rain. A good one!

Nice video....

Craigt, you do realise that video was not of yesterdays storm yeah....

It is from November 2010.

• Like 1

So much for the disruptive road work at that intersection being to solve the drainage problem.

• Like 1

They would love to get this in Chiang Mai right now so people can put away their face maskssad.png

We did................... torrential rain,strong winds, thunder and lightening ,the whole show and a few hours to clean up this morning small price to pay and yes the masks can be put away until next "burning" season.

• Like 1

So much for the disruptive road work at that intersection being to solve the drainage problem.

And I had my hopes up WPCOE. I am through there daily and it hasn't changed one bit. Soi 5 does look nice though.

i used to think July first then i was corrected, it begins in may, this is a one-off?

Can someone please repair my roof leaks cheap or for free???????????

(i rent)

BTW how can i find out who owns my building (not the landlord who contracts with the owner?)

I am under the impression the owner is responsible for the roof.

Though i know it might open a can of worms.

The simplest things can be so complicated here and vice verse.

Perhaps i need to start my own thread but thanks for the heads up.

use buckets, its cheaper than repair !

In all due respect I beg to differ rainy season is not officially here. Just a freak storm front hitting early basically a test run from the heavens to Pattaya officials that all the things they think they have done the last year is going to prevent all the flooding when a storm such as this hits. Drains are too small and placed in the wrong location and of course no one seems to be sweeping up the garbage that end up blocking the drains.

And of course Sukhumvit just before the tunnel is being built flooded and close to traffic in both directions. It was a parking lot yesterday so was the Soi behind Big C Extra.

• 3 weeks later...

The experts can call it the hot season as much as they want.

For me this is rainy season , maybe even worse now than in September/October. Today another heavy rainfall .