The rainy season has officially started!

balo

I was counting down and been waiting patiently for this . And today it finally arrived, and it's not just any rain shower , its a huge one! Enjoy and take care wherever you are ! I am not moving from my chair.

• Like 2

i used to think July first then i was corrected, it begins in may, this is a one-off?

Can someone please repair my roof leaks cheap or for free???????????

(i rent)

BTW how can i find out who owns my building (not the landlord who contracts with the owner?)

I am under the impression the owner is responsible for the roof.

Though i know it might open a can of worms.

The simplest things can be so complicated here and vice verse.

Perhaps i need to start my own thread but thanks for the heads up.

No rainy season, just a temporary storm situation.

Weather warning as of today:

Weather Warning
"Summer Thunderstorm in upper Thailand"
No. 16 Time Issued : March 24, 2015
The high pressure area from China remains extended to upper Thailand and the South China Sea while the westerly trough from Myanmar will move across the North. During 24-27 March, summer thunderstorms, as well as gusty wind and hail, are expected some of the North, the Northeast, the Central and the East. People should beware of the severe weather conditions and stay safe.

The advisory is in effect on 24 March 2015 at 11.00 a.m.

The next issue will be at 11.00 a.m., 25 March 2015.

Funny enough: we also had fair amount of downpour this night/morning, 80 km west of Khon Kaen biggrin.png

So its a game of chance.

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Like 1

I call it rainy season when we can expect a few showers weekly , and the sky gets more cloudy , I know suddenly we can have dry periods of up to a few weeks .

But for me this is the start of rainy season and the umbrella is with me wherever I go .

And then the "wet season" starts with Songkran . Get ready.

Edited by balo

The power went off here for about 15 minutes. It's back now , I was a bit worried for a while. But it's pouring down again now so I'm prepared for the worst...

Just came back from Immigration and the Pattaya Klang Intersection is flooded with Traffic at a complete standstill.

Let me see... quarter to four on a weekday.

Isn't it always at a standstill at this time come rain, come shine?

Honestly, what a bunch of drama queens. The first reall 'gully washer' of the year and we are herding the animals and googling for arc plans.

Just came back from Immigration and the Pattaya Klang Intersection is flooded with Traffic at a complete standstill.

Honestly, what a bunch of drama queens. The first reall 'gully washer' of the year and we are herding the animals and googling for arc plans.

post-235101-0-63940900-1427188890_thumb.

post-235101-0-39181200-1427188893_thumb.

post-235101-0-69721600-1427188896_thumb.

post-235101-0-58493800-1427188898_thumb.

post-235101-0-20171000-1427188900_thumb.

post-235101-0-33939500-1427188902_thumb.

• Like 2

Sorry but I just came through that Intersection (on a Motobike (which fortunately didn't stall) ) and I just wanted to warn people.

Note to self, never post again to warn people

:wai:

Edited by MJCM
  • Like 2

I've got Rusty building an ark as I type this.

Sorry but I just came through that Intersection (on a Motobike (which fortunately didn't stall) ) and I just wanted to warn people.

Note to self, never post again to warn people

wai.gif

Take no notice. I thin we understood what you meant.

...my power has been out (I believe) for a few hours now. I'm not sure if its my condo or the whole area (I haven't left my flat). Anybody else without power in Jomtien (Soi Watboon area)?

Edited by kap

...my power has been out (I believe) for a few hours now. I'm not sure if its my condo or the whole area (I haven't left my flat). Anybody else without power in Jomtien (Soi Watboon area)?

We have power in View Talay 5. The power is out in the Rhom Pho Complex also.

FWIW

• Like 1

Yes it was a huge one, we were out picking up our son at Maryvit school at 1500 and then drove down to Beach Road in the truck, beach road flooded (as usual), water off the beach turned muddy and the water on the road smelling like a sewer.

So now city hall have a pre rainy season scenario and can act accordinglywhistling.gifrolleyes.gif

It is NOT the start of the rainy season. Drama queens indeed.

Every year, for the past decade or more that I can remember, we have been hit by a storm or heavy squall about one month before Songkran. It will now be hot and dry for the next couple of months.

Relax, DQs and go back to sleep as you are approaching the middle of the hot season, not the rainy season. :)

• Like 2