Pheu Thai says BMA governor should leave Bangkok to live on hill

webfact

Pheu Thai says BMA governor should leave Bangkok to live on hill

BANGKOK: -- Pheu Thai Party acting spokesman Anusorn Iam-sa-ard said Bangkok Metropolitan Administration Governor Sukhumbhand Paribatra should leave Bangkok to live on a hill for failing to prevent Bangkok flooding.

On Wednesday, Sukhumbhand said anyone cannot accept the fact that Bangkok is a water and rainy city, must leave the city to live on a hill.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/breakingnews/Pheu-Thai-says-BMA-governor-should-leave-Bangkok-t-30256800.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2015-03-26

City Hall on blast for ignoring warnings before Tuesday's flood
By Coconuts Bangkok

flood_2.jpg

BANGKOK: -- City officials are taking flak over inadequate preparations before Tuesday’s torrential downpour flooded areas throughout the capital.

A day late and likely millions of baht in property damage too late, City Hall announced yesterday it is mobilizing crews to clear drains and sewers to better move water off the streets after Gen. Prayuth Chan-ocha put them on blast, saying they had ample warning the storm was coming.

Prayuth subsequently took the unusual step of ordering Bangkok Governor Sukhumbhand Paribatra to take action to protect the capital from flooding.

Full story: http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2015/03/26/city-hall-blast-ignoring-warnings-tuesdays-flood

cocon.jpg
-- Coconuts Bangkok 2015-03-26

Why not move the whole city to the hills?

A former PM wanted to move the capital to Phetchabun but it never passed. Pity really!
Really? I thought her red shirts were pushing the capital to be Chiangmai.

Nah not the puppet.. It was a long time ago.. But I can't seem to find a reference now.

You all might do well to recall that it was a P.T.P complaint that led to the 5 month suspension of the Bangkok governor from March 2014 to September 2014. A 6 month month ban when he was unable to carry out hid duties, see the quote below and also the link

He said the governor is worried about the build-up of work that must have accumulated during the five months that he was suspended from performing his duties.
The governor will get back to work immediately, starting by inspecting Department of Drainage's preparations to handle flooding, Mr Wasant said.

th4.ilovetranslation.com/l6h_rMwv5-S=d/

BANGKOK: The Court of Appeals in Thailand on Friday (Sep 5) ended Sukhumbhand Paribatra’s suspension. He will resume his role as the governor of Bangkok.

Sukhumbhand was suspended in March this year by Thailand’s Election Commission following accusations of misconduct during the election campaign for the governor of Bangkok. He was alleged to have slandered other candidates in the lead-up to the election in Mar 3, 2013.

In March this year, the Thai Election Commission “yellow-carded” Sukhumbhand, which means his governorship was suspended but he was allowed to run in elections.

https://socialdashboard.com/news/suspended-bangkok-governor-sukhumbhand-to-resume-role#sthash.qk7o20bZ.dpuf

http://th4.ilovetranslation.com/l6h_rMwv5-S=d/

Really rich ...ironic from a government who so badly mismanaged the floods of 2011 that the water was lapping at the doors of central Bangkok for months.... then some 360million thb [ i could be wrong more or less was spent ] and this seems to have been a failure ...

Edited by sootybitz
  • Like 2

It is just my opinion. Even with clean drains I don't think it can solve the problem taking into consideration the local infrastructure when it comes to torrential rains (100 mm in 30 min). I don't think anywhere in the world they can cope with such amount of water. Flash floods are prone to happen. Whatever they do, it doesn't matter. If it rains again in such amounts it will flood again. It doesn't matter who is in power: Prayut, Yingluck or Abhisit!

Edited by Thunder26
  • Like 2

It is just my opinion. Even with clean drains I don't think it can solve the problem taking into consideration the local infrastructure when it comes to torrential rains (100 mm in 30 min). I don't think anywhere in the world they can cope with such amount of water. Flash floods are prone to happen. Whatever they do, it doesn't matter. If it rains again in such amounts it will flood again. It doesn't matter who is in power: Prayut, Yingluck or Abhisit!

Possibly true but do you think NOT cleaning the drains is going to work out!

If and when you've lived here long enough you see EXACTLY the same places flooding year after year after year!

And sometimes it's ONLY annual cleaning and clearing that's required!

• Like 1

The Governor said in an article that some pumps were out of service for repairs !

What a moronic answer ? You plan repairs and maintenance during the dry season !

Err..... It still IS the dry season and the pumps were taken out of use IN the dry season or hadn't you noticed.

I suspect yours was also a moronic answer but you thought to get a dig in at the BMA governors expense.

billd766 pst # 26

I can remember a Fanny Hill but not personally as her memoirs were published in 1748.

I certainly never met Fanny Hill however I have met one of her descendants who I think may have Latin connections Miss Mons Venus. Delightfully well rounded creation who has over the years given me much pleasure each time I have met or seen her.whistling.gif

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

It's a shame the PM had to order these guy's to do their job, why are they in those positions if they are not doing the job and why are they being paid?

Fair comment.

It's a bigger laugh that a pheu thai spokesperson should criticize flood handling. Most of their focus when the 'yingluck floods' hit were associated with how many items they could add stickers to indicating 'with love from thaksin' when in reality most of the flood relief packages etc., were paid for out of taxpayers funds / the common wealth of all Thais.