Thai tour agents concerned about report of Japan's ban of Thai chartered flights

webfact

Thai tour agents concerned about report of Japan's ban of Thai chartered flights

BANGKOK: -- Thai Tour Agents Association has urged the Civil Aviation Department to seek an explanation from its Japanese counterpart whether chartered flights from Thailand has been barred from landings in Japan.

Mr Suparoek Surangkoon, president of TTAA and Noomsao tour agency, said he was concerned about the yet to be verified report about the banned chartered flights from Thailand because between 4,000-5,000 Thais have already booked chartered flights to Japan during the Songkran festival.

He said he only heard that the Civil Aviation Department and some airlines operating chartered flights have been negotiating with Japan about the matter which he hoped would be settled amicably otherwise a plan B has to be worked out for the Thai tourists.

It was reported that Japan’s action against chartered flights from Thailand followed an assessment report from the International Civil Aviation Organisation which rated Thailand’s supervision of safety standards of air travels as below below standard.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/thai-tour-agents-concerned-about-report-of-japans-ban-of-thai-chartered-flights

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2015-03-26

"It was reported that Japan’s action against chartered flights from Thailand followed an assessment report from the International Civil Aviation Organisation which rated Thailand’s supervision of safety standards of air travels as below below standard.'

Missed that report in the local press.

This was already foreseeable in January as it leaked that the Civil Aviation Organisation report, officially expected to be released in May, would demand massive changes regarding international safety standards in the airline industry as well as the air traffic control, or face consequences. A negative report by the CAO normally results in start and landing restraint in other countries.

I wonder why the TTAA just ask for an explanation instead of insisting the CAD gets their act together. And in the wake of very recent incidents, what is there to negotiate, when it comes to safety of passengers and crews?

• Like 2

i wonder if other countries will adopt monkey see monkey do, is this a wake up call for thailand, pffft, doubt it

Wake up call?? In your dreams mate!!

Quote from the OP:

>>which he hoped would be settled amicably otherwise a plan B has to be worked out for the Thai tourists.<<

In other words we are going to send them somewhere, where the authorities don't care about minor issues, such as passenger safety!!

• Like 1

Sadly the naming would probably have to happen outside Thailand and then I wonder what would happen in the wake of cries for a defamation suit? I'm sure the MICT would then have to get involved and block the offending sites from the Internet. Head in sand... as usual.

Name and shame the carriers!!

So we can avoid the flying coffins!!

If the ICAO downgrades the airline and airport control systems, then that means ICAO nations will likely ban ALL Thai airlines from much of western airspace. Hence Japan's ban. It's serious.

Don't suppose there was a reason THAI was shedding aircraft with undue haste? Just asking.

Edited by Kaoboi Bebobp

Instead of trying to negotiate/make up stuff/BS.. (people are catching on to thailands bs speak)...

Fix the problems and increase safety standards... Duhhh !

Edited by thhMan
  • Like 1

For more information about the consequences of the ICAO report :

What are the consequences of a downgrade?
Thai carriers and AOL/AOC holders licensed by the DCA and operating under its supervision would technically not be affected by any ICAO downgrade. There are, however, several potential consequences which could have a significant impact on the operations of Thai carriers and Thai AOL/AOC holders.

http://www.wfw.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/WFW-Aviation-ThailandPotentialICAODowngrade.pdf

• Like 1

I wonder how Thailand will try to white wash, negotiate and clarify this issue.

As it so nicely said on the end of that article:
"If Thai authorities are unable to take swift and decisive action ......
then expect all Thai carriers to enter a period of isolation and contraction in 2015.
"

I would go even further and say:
"If Thai authorities are unable to take swift and decisive action in tackling
human trade, graft, corruption and human rights issues, then don't be surprised
if Thailand enters a period of isolation and contraction over the next few years"

With the Airlines like " NokScoot " , " Thai Air Asia X " , being severley curtailed on their flights into Japan, and also Korea due to " concerns over safety ", this comes as no real surprise to me.

The main carriers are also restricted in useing only the designated craft under the flight aggreements and no alternatives are allowed.

My wife tells me on an almost daily basis that this Airplane has left a runway, that Airplane leaves people because the pilots window has blown out.

It was only a matter of time for the bans to start coming.

It appears that a couple of international issues are set to further embarrass Thailand right now.

The ICAO report is a very serious affair that could see Thailand' international airline industry curtailed very quickly.....the industry here must act now.....!

I wonder, after so many years of cheating, bribes, short cutting and the like, if there are any authorities here that actually have the knowledge to get over this pending disaster......

This is the exact reason that so many countries employ the best people, whether internationally or locally trained, for their civil aviation and air safety industries.....compromising isn't thought of.

I will just copy and paste one paragraph from this article:

If this were to happen then it is likely that EASA and the FAA would have to react and that would affect licences for 10 Thai-registered airlines operating international flights, 10 domestic and chartered airlines, and one cargo carrier.

As can be seen this is likely to affect TWENTY ONE Thai registered airlines. I would think that that's just about ALL of them.

The ICAO report isn't due to be released until May.

Thailand was supposed to have provided its response to the deficiencies a week ago. Either Thailand didn't respond or the response was inadequate.

How negative! facepalm.gif

Of course they responded:

K. Nippon San:

Our pilots jaidee

Our mechanics jaidee

Our aircraft dee maak

Everything jaidee. We happy happy!w00t.gif

• Like 2