Online 90 day reporting available from April 1st

On 8/22/2019 at 6:06 PM, dia1 said:

App registration is broken. When you "register" it says it will send you an email but never does. (Yes, I've checked junk/spam... no email). If you click "forgot password" to try to get the email resent.. no email. If you try to re-register, it says "Already registered. Please verify email."

Piece of garbage APP!

You got further than I did! When I try to register in the Android app I get a message saying, "Error message from the system. Please contact the administrator" (translated via Google).

NEW THAILAND IMMIGRATION APP FOR ANDROID SMARTPHONES

The new (to me) Thai Immigration Android app (downloadable from Google Play) may greatly simplify 90-day reporting, among other requirements that expatriates must satisfy. 

The app seems to be remarkably professional and well-organized.  Not sure yet if it has a way to compliment its developers, point out any bugs detected, and to make suggestions.

I still have a few months to go before my 90 days are reached.  But I just explored the app a bit, and share below some screen-capture images of its "90-day" sub-menus.

Hope this helps those struggling with doing online reporting by internet browser.

[PS. The confirmatory email to verify one's email address can take hours (days?) to show up.  But keep checking regularly for it.  The temporary password times out at an unknown expiration time, and will fail to work.  If so, try again, as I did.]  

Screenshot_20190824-090907_anonymized.jpg

Screenshot_20190824-090928_annotated.jpg

Screenshot_20190824-090943_annotated.jpg

Screenshot_20190824-091000_annotated.jpg

Screenshot_20190824-091017_annotated.jpg

Edited by Bruce404
inserted spaces between images for legibility

8 minutes ago, Bruce404 said:

NEW THAILAND IMMIGRATION APP FOR ANDROID SMARTPHONES

The new (to me) Thai Immigration Android app (downloadable from Google Play) may greatly simplify 90-day reporting, among other requirements that expatriates must satisfy. 

The app seems to be remarkably professional and well-organized.  Not sure yet if it has a way to compliment its developers, point out any bugs detected, and to make suggestions.

I still have a few months to go before my 90 days are reached.  But I just explored the app a bit, and share below some screen-capture images of its "90-day" sub-menus.

Hope this helps those struggling with doing online reporting by internet browser.

Screenshot_20190824-090907_anonymized.jpg

Screenshot_20190824-090928_annotated.jpg

Screenshot_20190824-090943_annotated.jpg

Screenshot_20190824-091000_annotated.jpg

Screenshot_20190824-091017_annotated.jpg

How did you get the activation email ? I'm waiting for 3 weeks already.

See my "P.S." added after the original posting by editing it.  It eventually arrives, as others have noted.  Perhaps there is some human being involved who must approve sending of the temporary password. 

Surely not as instant as Amazon's order confirmation by email.

NOTE: One bug I noticed is that if there is a blank space at the end of one's email address in logging into the app, the login will be rejected.  Be sure to BACKSPACE in the email-address entry field to remove any trailing space(s) that copying and pasting might have inadvertently inserted.

4 minutes ago, Bruce404 said:

NOTE: One bug I noticed is that if there is a blank space at the end of one's email address in logging into the app, the login will be rejected.  Be sure to BACKSPACE in the email-address entry field to remove any trailing space(s) that copying and pasting might have inadvertently inserted.

That is not a bug, it's normal in most if not all apps.

Okay, so I got the activation link to the app, but now I have another problem, when trying to send my 90 days report I have an error saying : Permit date on your passport must not overstay.

My permit date on my passport is 03 June 2020, so very far from overstaying. Any idea what is wrong ?

On 8/21/2019 at 5:43 PM, dia1 said:

I'm getting this "For further information..." message as well. Tried Firefox, Chrome, Safari..

I tried the iOS app, but the app doesn't send me a confirmation link to even let me into the system. I'm about to pull my hair out.

You are lucky , you have hair .

• Haha 1

How's anyone managed to escape the error that comes up while registering on the app? I've tried it few times...on iOS - not sure if it makes any difference. Anyone managed to use it on iOS without the error when registering?

After reading all the wonderful successes and complete nightmares getting a 90 report in, mailing mine in on time, the folks at the post office double checking my registered mail and addressing all correct, and not receiving the reply on time... I give up. It's the 06:00 half hour drive, a leisurely cuppa, and back to reading my book in the new lobby at CM Imm. Maybe come the turn of the 24th century things will get ironed out.

Edited by The Snark
Eye missspeled sumting.

On 8/25/2019 at 10:05 PM, skujic said:

How's anyone managed to escape the error that comes up while registering on the app? I've tried it few times...on iOS - not sure if it makes any difference. Anyone managed to use it on iOS without the error when registering?

I registered for the ImmeService on my iphone . I can log on , check last report etc.

4 hours ago, JamesH77 said:

The online system does not seem to be working I guess I will just keep doing it in person, it only takes a few minutes anyway its super easy even in person. Not a big deal 90 day reports are no problem. 

That depends on where you live and how busy your Immi. office is. 

Not all of us live with 50 klm of our office.

Yes exactly, very true. I am lucky like that where I live. If you live far away from one of the busy ones that would probably suck. I can understand that.

That depends on where you live and how busy your Immi. office is. 

Not all of us live with 50 klm of our office.

6 hours ago, JamesH77 said:

The online system does not seem to be working I guess I will just keep doing it in person, it only takes a few minutes anyway its super easy even in person. Not a big deal 90 day reports are no problem. 

Phuket:
Just submitted my 90 day report ONLINE< via my PC<
accepted.

Lets see how long it takes for approval

Lats time was 1hour

It's 2019-(on my last visit to chaeng wattana for a 90 day check) I asked the woman, why does the online usually not work.  She tried to explain it couldn't be less then 2 weeks from due date or more than 1 month.  So set a reminder to do it online this week(my next date coming up in 3 weeks.  I have tried ALL WEEK and keep getting an extranet message that says contact immigration.  ITS BEEN 4 YEARS AND IT STILL ISN'T WORKING)  I have been here for 10 years and have only been able to do it ONLINE once!

8 minutes ago, toper3jr said:

It's 2019-(on my last visit to chaeng wattana for a 90 day check) I asked the woman, why does the online usually not work.  She tried to explain it couldn't be less then 2 weeks from due date or more than 1 month.  So set a reminder to do it online this week(my next date coming up in 3 weeks.  I have tried ALL WEEK and keep getting an extranet message that says contact immigration.  ITS BEEN 4 YEARS AND IT STILL ISN'T WORKING)  I have been here for 10 years and have only been able to do it ONLINE once!

I believe the time limit is between 15 and 7 days before due date. 

Applicants can submit this online application within 15 days but not less than 7 days before the due date of notification.

• Thanks 1

I have a few fundamental questions about online reporting. My apologies if it was addressed already. In the past doing 90 reporting I always went in person and received a stamp telling me when to next do my reporting and for verification purposes at hotels etc. If I were to report online obviously there would be no stamp:

1. Are you supposed to print something and keep that with you as proof you are in visa compliance for hotels, police and the like?

2. If you successfully report online does the system tell you when the next due date is? (Day count can be tricky)

3. If you report 90 day online how often are you still required to go to immigration in person (is it yearly?) and do you need to bring receipts of everytime you reported yourself online since you last visited in person?

1 minute ago, wasabi said:

I have a few fundamental questions about online reporting. My apologies if it was addressed already. In the past doing 90 reporting I always went in person and received a stamp telling me when to next do my reporting and for verification purposes at hotels etc. If I were to report online obviously there would be no stamp:

1. Are you supposed to print something and keep that with you as proof you are in visa compliance for hotels, police and the like?

2. If you successfully report online does the system tell you when the next due date is? (Day count can be tricky)

3. If you report 90 day online how often are you still required to go to immigration in person (is it yearly?) and do you need to bring receipts of everytime you reported yourself online since you last visited in person?

1. Yes there is a receipt with the barcode and next reporting date you can print off.

2. See 1) 

3) Depends what you need. The only obligatory requirement is extension renewal, but that may force TM30 reporting requirements. I have never been asked of the 90 day reporting and throw the old receipts away. 

• Like 1

On 9/6/2019 at 6:54 AM, wasabi said:

In my experience recently the next reporting day is 90 days from the date the on-line report was processed. If you report 15 days before your due date and it is processed quickly then your next reporting date will be only 75 days from the last one.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

your next reporting date will be only 75 days from the last one.

Correct, I have done as per now 11 online reports, between 78 en 75 days after the previous one.

I keep the approval in my " Drive ", only print it out when I have to go to Immigration.

Well I was given one possible explanation for the on line 90 day reporting to fail.

It's a partial system with restricted access. New applicants, recent arrivals are entered into database A. This database allows access to apply. Other applicants that have been in country long term are in a separate database or have restricted access to protect the system from hacking.

It's pretty typical of a data entry system that has been cobbed together piecemeal and is not yet fully implemented.

As a comparison, take a patient database in a hospital. Admitting can make a new entry but the rest of the terminals can't. Additions to entries are further restricted as they have become protected medical records. Admitting cannot access the extended database or alter it in any way. But they can open a new record on the same patient which gets parented to the initial DB entry. A hierarchical system.

It appears that immigration is slowly moving towards a full system, but if some of you will recall, the initial on line reporting was restricted to Microsoft Internet Explorer. It was not a robust multi-platform DB. And it appears immigration is still trying to piecemeal that SQL DB together. This would explain why some locales or persons can access and renew why others can't.

7 minutes ago, luckyluke said:

Correct, I have done as per now 11 online reports, between 78 en 75 days after the previous one.

I keep the approval in my " Drive ", only print it out when I have to go to Immigration.

I usually print it out and staple it into my passport. I also keep a copy of it on my phone together with copies of relevant passport pages. I have not yet had occasion to test if the MiB will accept this in lieu of the original passport.

1 minute ago, Yorkie said:

if the MiB will accept this in lieu of the original passport.

Some officers might, others not.

But the officer who might or not accept it, may act differently with another person.

So a forum now is a place where one can relate his own experience, at a certain moment and location;

with no guarantee at all it will be the same for someone else, even not sure the same officer will have the same reaction next time you are confronted with him. 

There are now different topics where the o.p. let know his experience, immediately followed by many posters claiming : " wrong/false, I... " as if their experience is the only correct one.

• Like 1

I live in BKK, filed my 90day report online at noon today

was approved when I checked at 8pm

I came back from Burma at Tachilek in January

stayed in same Pattaya Hotel 5 times this year, they file TM 30s for me

I never ever filed a TM 30 in BKK

So as long as you don't have to go to Chaengwattana, it seems OK

Curious what happens, when my retirement extension comes up in December

34 minutes ago, sirholly said:

I live in BKK, filed my 90day report online at noon today

was approved when I checked at 8pm

I came back from Burma at Tachilek in January

stayed in same Pattaya Hotel 5 times this year, they file TM 30s for me

I never ever filed a TM 30 in BKK

So as long as you don't have to go to Chaengwattana, it seems OK

Curious what happens, when my retirement extension comes up in December

I guess a hardcore quick fix would be to check into a hotel every time before going to immigration. You should be all TM30'd up then, if they bothered to submit it.