Online 90 day reporting available from April 1st

25 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You do not need to do a 90 day report until the emergency decree ends. It will certainly be extended beyond the 30th.

Hi ubonjoe, many thanks for the reply. however I'm very confused over this article on Bangkok Post dated 10 April. 

Edited by ubonjoe
removed link to Bangkok Post and a quote of it(forum rule)

12 minutes ago, KhunPeng said:

Hi ubonjoe, many thanks for the reply. however I'm very confused over this article on Bangkok Post dated 10 April. 

You are not allowed to link to or quote their articles.

Lots of info was missing in  that article.

From immigration website.

"Aliens who are due for 90 days reports between 26th of March 2020 and 30th of April 2020 are temporarily exempted from reporting in this period until further notice."

5 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You are not allowed to link to or quote their articles.

Lots of info was missing in  that article.

From immigration website.

"Aliens who are due for 90 days reports between 26th of March 2020 and 30th of April 2020 are temporarily exempted from reporting in this period until further notice."

Hi ubonjoe, noted, very sorry my bad. many thanks for your help again, cheers!

On 4/9/2020 at 8:35 AM, ubonjoe said:
On 4/9/2020 at 8:24 AM, Digitalbanana said:

As previous post, will 90 day online work as normal during Mar26-Apr30 period, I have one due next week online?

I assume the online reporting system will still be working but not sure about the local office approval after it is submitted.

Just to confirm I did my 90 day online today for CW, and it was approved within 3 hours. I didn't want to wait to end of Apr/May etc in case online does not function for any reason.

15 hours ago, Xaos said:

I entered thailand on 30 january, so my 90 days report is around 30 april, do I need to do it ? or its automatic cuz confused. 

This is what the notice says.

It will be extended before the 30th. If you can do it online there is nothing wrong with doing it.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Digitalbanana said:

Just to confirm I did my 90 day online today for CW, and it was approved within 3 hours. I didn't want to wait to end of Apr/May etc in case online does not function for any reason.

I did mine online yesterday and I see it as approved (Chonburi) this morning. No email though. 

I have a question about 90 days reporting.. if someone can help me please.. 

My next 90 days reporting is due on 1st of May   but I just got my yearly visa renewed on 9th April 2020. 

So, my question is do I still have to report on 1st of May ?  OR  the 90 days starts afresh from 9th of April ?

Thanks Guys.. 

6 minutes ago, Navin said:

So, my question is do I still have to report on 1st of May ?  OR  the 90 days starts afresh from 9th of April ?

Applying for an extension does not automatically reset your 90 day reporting date.

Some offices do a new report when you apply and put a receipt for it in your passport. If they did not do that then your report date is still the May 1st. But you do not need to worry about it since they suspended 90 day reporting until the emergency is over. The current date is the 30th but it will certainly be extended.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Applying for an extension does not automatically reset your 90 day reporting date.

Some offices do a new report when you apply and put a receipt for it in your passport. If they did not do that then your report date is still the May 1st. But you do not need to worry about it since they suspended 90 day reporting until the emergency is over. The current date is the 30th but it will certainly be extended.

Yes, when not informed otherwise by IO when you extended your 1-year permission to stay, your 90-day report is still due May 1st.

As UJ already mentioned > when you do your 90-day reports in person at your local IO, there is no need to do this since in person 90-day reporting has been suspended until the emergency is over.

However, when you do your 90-day reporting on-line it is recommended to do it during your reporting window (16 April till 1 May), as it is not clear whether on-line reporting will function correctly if you are past due date because of the emergency, and that would force you to visit IO in person to do the 90-day report after the emergency.

Note: There were several reports of successful 90-day on-line reporting during last days, so it is indeed possible to do it on-line.

• Like 1

My 90 day report was due on 29th April 2020. As it's minimal hassle I submitted my application (Surin Immigration) at 08:00 this morning and it was approved before 15:00 this afternoon. Email confirmation was sent at 14:56.

At first I thought 'Thank you for this information'. Then I got bored reading all the contradictory advice. Pretty much standard for any process in LoS I suppose.  I'll book mark this and decide in 40 days whether to risk a personal visit.

I had an interesting experience today with 90 day reporting. I renewed my passport 1 year ago and the system has prevented me doing online 90 day reports since. I tried again today and it seems to have accepted an online report.

It did not give me the usual Pending page but it did give me a transaction number. When I checked the transaction number it does show the report as pending.

So it appears that 90 day online reporting may be working for me at least and they might have fixed the problem that locked out people with renewed passports.

Edited by Advocate
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, Advocate said:

I had an interesting experience today with 90 day reporting. I renewed my passport 1 year ago and the system has prevented me doing online 90 day reports since. I tried again today and it seems to have accepted an online report.

You renewed your passport here in Thailand or in your home country?

You have never entered Thailand on your NEW passport? Your current TM.6 is aligned with your OLD passport?

Have you successfully used the online reporting system before? With your OLD passport?

How did you do your previous three 90 day reports, subsequent to renewing your passport? In person? By mail?

3 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

You renewed your passport here in Thailand or in your home country?

You have never entered Thailand on your NEW passport? Your current TM.6 is aligned with your OLD passport?

Have you successfully used the online reporting system before? With your OLD passport?

How did you do your previous three 90 day reports, subsequent to renewing your passport? In person? By mail?

Renewed Australian passport in Bangkok. However it doesn't matter where it is renewed.

Have not entered Thailand on new passport.

Current OA visa is stamped in new passport.

Last three 90 day reports in person and I complained strongly to Immigration Bureau. In fact last report in person and by mail. Received approval by mail more than 28 days after mail submission which was 14 days after date it was due.

Edited by Advocate

6 minutes ago, Advocate said:

Renewed Australian passport in Bangkok. However it doesn't matter where it is renewed.

Current OA visa is stamped in new passport.

Last three 90 day reports in person and I complained strongly to Immigration Bureau. In fact last report in person and by mail. Received approval by mail more than 28 days after mail submission which was 14 days after date it was due.

> See the 90-day On-Line Report Troubleshooting Guideline I posted  > post #5099

Your case is #2 - You have a new passport and did not re-enter Thailand since you have that new passport.

>> The 90-day on-line reporting system will only work for you when you exit and then re-enter Thailand on your new passport (with a new TM-6 entry/departure card).

4 hours ago, Advocate said:

It did not give me the usual Pending page but it did give me a transaction number. When I checked the transaction number it does show the report as pending.

So it appears that 90 day online reporting may be working for me at least and they might have fixed the problem that locked out people with renewed passports.

very interesting - are you sure you haven't left Thailand even over a border - yes I know but just making sure - I will give it a go and see what happens 

not holding my breath

all it would take is for an IO to update your passport number on a database that i am sure they have access too but just too lazy to edit, I did the same as you on several occasions - gave off to the io about it not working on my new passport - he actually said will work next time but it never did 

Edited by smedly

32 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

Your case is #2 - You have a new passport and did not re-enter Thailand since you have that new passport.

>> The 90-day on-line reporting system will only work for you when you exit and then re-enter Thailand on your new passport (with a new TM-6 entry/departure card).

did you not read his post 

he clearly said new passport and has not left the Kingdom and yet it worked 

1 minute ago, smedly said:

I did read his latest post #5126 (the one just above my response) and there he clearly states >

In a previous post #5123 he writes indeed that he succeeded in uploading his application but that it is still PENDING. 

If his PENDING-status is changed into APPROVED-status that would be evidence that the on-line system now also works on a new passport without having to exit and re-enter Thailand.

Looking forward to his follow-up on this issue.

3 minutes ago, smedly said:

True but he also claimed to have a non immigrant O-A visa in that new passport which can only be obtained from a Consulate.  Suspect he means extension of stay or a notation of visa from old passport but not sure.  At any rate time to pop the cork will be when approval is received I suspect.

21 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

If his PENDING-status is changed into APPROVED-status that would be evidence that the on-line system now also works on a new passport without having to exit and re-enter Thailand.

actually not correct - if he got to the "pending" status then his new passport has been accepted in the online reporting system - if it is not approved it will be for another reason 

I just tried mine again and it still does not get past the first page - I was able to do online reporting for several years until I renewed my passport - still have not left thailand on new passport - will try again tomorrow because I am right on the 15 days but I don't think it will work

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

True but he also claimed to have a non immigrant O-A visa in that new passport which can only be obtained from a Consulate.  Suspect he means extension of stay or a notation of visa from old passport but not sure.  At any rate time to pop the cork will be when approval is received I suspect.

or an extension of an O-A, fail to see how it matters anyway - he stated he renewed his passport and has not left Thailand on the new one - he should not be able to do online 90 day reports if he has not crossed a border on his new passport

3 hours ago, Peter Denis said:

I did read his latest post #5126 (the one just above my response) and there he clearly states >

In a previous post #5123 he writes indeed that he succeeded in uploading his application but that it is still PENDING. 

Looking forward to his follow-up on this issue.

Previously, before the successful entry today, the site did not allow me to submit any form with my new passport number.

Today it did and it even allowed me to check status by using the passport number. The status shows pending when checking status with passport number and when checking with submission reference number.

Therefore they must have fixed the defect in the system because it now recognizes new passport numbers whereas previously it did not.

Edited by Advocate
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Advocate said:

Previously, before the successful entry today, the site did not allow me to submit any form with my new passport number.

Today it did and it even allowed me to check status by using the passport number. The status shows pending when checking status with passport number and when checking with submission reference number.

Therefore they must have fixed the defect in the system because it now recognizes new passport numbers whereas previously it did not.

He said he did his last report by mail, which may be the key. Someone years ago advised me I had to do my first 90 day report in person before I could do it online. I never did, mailing it in instead. After a couple of mail ins, I tried online, and it worked flawlessly. So, maybe a mail in has them load your info for subsequent online reporting. In any event, a mail in sure beats going in person.

8 hours ago, smedly said:

could be a one off - until someone else is able to confirm this, like I said mine did not work today

Can I ask if you are still using the original date entering Thailand 

No. I am using the last entry date December 2014.

I complained to the Immigration Bureau about 90 day reporting online. It is possible that they might be just fixing the issue for the people who complain by manually changing the system to accept the passport number of new passports.

I had the blank screen issues several times yesterday before the system accepted my submission which implies the system might have been undergoing change. It is credible that upgrades to the system would be performed on weekends when IB officials are not present giving programmers uninterrupted access to the system.

I did a status check using my passport number today and the entry is recognized and still reports pending. That is 2 consecutive days that I have been able to enter the system using my new passport number whereas previously it did not recognize my new passport number. I expect the pending won't progress to approved until next week during normal business hours.