Online 90 day reporting available from April 1st

17 hours ago, Aeiou7 said:

Is there a real risk that immigration actually comes to check if I really live in Surat Thani? 

In 2016, Surin Immigration were not issuing extensions of stay for either those based on marriage or based on retirement until a house visit had been made (within the following month after application). This ceased in 2017 as the work load appeared to be too much for them. However, it is now apparent that they are requiring house visits again but not for all applicants. Whether it's a pot luck decisions or whether there is a system I don't know. My extension is not due for renewal until June.

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Aeiou7 said:

I entered my online reporting on 2nd January 2018, since then it has been in "pending" state. Now I just called Koh Samui immigration and got told "cannot do online, must come to office". OK then, I do another inter-island day trip there from Koh Phangan where I live, my deadline to avoid a fine is this Friday.
I'm now seriously considering setting up a pro forma address in Surat Thani city where I have friends and then see if the Surat Thani immigration office is more "online-friendly" than the one on Koh Samui. This would mean a longer day trip there for the yearly visa extension in April and then ideally do all 90 day reportings online.

Does anyone have experience with online reportings that got approved by Surat Thani immigration recently?

Is there a real risk that immigration actually comes to check if I really live in Surat Thani? 

They should be processing 90 day report but it does not surprise me that are say to do it in person since they also do not accept reports by mail. The immigration bureau is supporting the online reporting which means every office should accept them. Not sure a complaint would help. To make a complaint correctly it should go through the regional division headquarters which for Samui is division 6 in Hat Yai.

Contact info can be found here. https://www.immigration.go.th/branch_center

For those reporting to Samui is even more outrageous that they don't accept them since it means traveling from one of the islands to get there.

Not sure it would be wise to do your extension in Surat Thani. I can see it complicating things and might be more problematic than having to do your reports in person.

• Thanks 1

My report date is today 18. of january. Reported online here in Ubon on january 5. Today 18. of january still pending. Called immigration in Ubon and they said system whas not working so i should report by mail. So i did today.

3 minutes ago, anthoma said:

My report date is today 18. of january. Reported online here in Ubon on january 5. Today 18. of january still pending. Called immigration in Ubon and they said system whas not working so i should report by mail. So i did today.

It must be a problem on their end of it. Which office did you a call (Sirindhorn or here in the city)?

1 minute ago, flightest said:

I have done the 90 report online before with no problems, but now when I try to open the page I get the message THIS SITE IS NOT SECURE, I am using the same link I have used previously, any help please

Immigration's security certificate for the extranet is not valid. 

image.png.93e42b7264415635555e7aa5a77400c2.png

Just ignore it an go on the site.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, flightest said:

I have done the 90 report online before with no problems, but now when I try to open the page I get the message THIS SITE IS NOT SECURE, I am using the same link I have used previously, any help please

Had the same message when I reported on Jan1st, clicked on 'Details', then on the next page on 'Go on to the webpage (not recommended)', and proceeded from there. Report was approved 10 days later.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Just checking. It should help get your report approved.

Amazing . Sendt my 90 days report by mail thursday morning from my village 100 km from Sirindhorn. Today, Saturday i got the receipt back in the post.

The whole system appears to be a lash up. If there are rules, few IOs appear to abide by them. Some do, some don't; some can, some can't; and some don't give a shit!

[Edit: surely it would be simpler (and more economical) to have one central "hub" where all online reporting is processed. Yes, I know - TiT]

Edited by Yorkie
  • Like 1

Just did my first online 90-day report at https://extranet.immigration.go.th/fn90online/online/tm47/TM47Action.do, 13 days  before my due date from here in Bangkok. Got caught out by a couple of things:

1. Firstly on Step 1 I typed in "BRITISH", instead of choosing my nationality from the pop-up menu. This meant that when I first clicked "Submit", I got nothing but a blank white page (no error message).
  2. After that, and not knowing the cause, I tried FireFox 57.0. It wouldn't even let me fill out the boxes on the first page. So back to Internet Explorer 11...
  3. Next time around, being careful to choose everything I could (nationality, dates etc.) from the pop-up menus, rather than typing in, I spent too long on Step 2 pondering whether to check the box that says "Select Service - Special One Stop Services (Special Service , Special laws)". Eventually decided not to check it, as I'm a normal retired bloke, but it had apparently timed-out and the Step 3 screen showed only dashes and no information.
3rd time around it worked, and then I checked back about 30 minutes later and it had already been approved. Printed out my approved application from the pop-up in Internet Explorer. When I then tried to also print out my Receipt of Notification (with date of next reporting) I just got a blank white pop-up in Internet Explorer. So I had to go around and "check the status of my application" again and then it worked.

They told us the best way still is to the Immigration office...I wouldn't trust the online system myself...Most years when I apply for my annual renewal....(3 weeks in advance..at the reporting 30 days...went to the Immigration ..my renewal permit hadn't turned up on their system on my last day....they apologised...but so I wouldn't do anything on line...for me...too too risky...they said they have horrendous problems with their IT..

Sent from my HUAWEI LUA-L21 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

On 11/29/2017 at 3:13 PM, DUS said:

Yeah, the captcha works and showed as "verified" or something along those lines. No idea why it doesn´t load the second page after clicking on "submit". Would have loved to do it online but so be it... mai bpen rai....

I submitted and one business day later it was approved.  Now what??  I tried clicking on the 'view' button and only got a blank page - with or without the pop up blocker on.  I see no signs of anything further to click on to get future dates as everyone seems to be talking about.  I did not receive any emails from immigration either.  If someone could please give me the actual return address from immigration, I can do a further search as I get so many emails it is difficult to search.  Especially since my computer was in the shop for five days while I was down with the flu.  There are over 240 pages of comments, kind of difficult to go through all of them to find one complete answer to the whole process - I did go through ten pages................

Thanks for your help. 

Edited by snooky
wording

use Chrome :-) didn't get an email either but checked after 2 days and APPROVED

They told us the best way still is to the Immigration office...I wouldn't trust the online system myself..

why not? got my next reporting date an printed it out and in the passport it goes...

Beats standing in line>>>

Edited by phuketrichard

I successfully did my 90 day reporting online. I used Internet Explorer. I got no notification by email that my application was received, but I got an email reply the next day that my reporting was approved. I opened the receipt for the reporting in Chrome and it worked, no problem. Best of luck to everyone! It definitely beats going to immigration every 90 days!

3 hours ago, nomaderainey said:

I successfully did my 90 day reporting online. I used Internet Explorer. I got no notification by email that my application was received, but I got an email reply the next day that my reporting was approved. I opened the receipt for the reporting in Chrome and it worked, no problem. Best of luck to everyone! It definitely beats going to immigration every 90 days!

What office gave the approval?

Glad to see that the Immigration website has been improved and the 90day reporting is working efficiently.

Logged on to do my report Thursday at14-00.

Went back to the site at 10-00 this morning and found it approved and printed the receipt.

Well done Thailand 4.0 !

Only second time I have found it to work in three years